do u think... (if u can & want to answer)

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
...duelist-kingdom with its rules rly feels detached from the rest of the series, as-in wot comes after? (if u can & want to answer)

i think they obvsly do i think. i think the anime could now change duelist-kingdom, especially since i assume kazuki takahashi doesn't have the same hectic schedule as back then, maybe consult with him & make a more coherent duelist-kingdom that goes with later series i think.

i jst think that feels so diff. from battle-city i think. also whilst we are on subject maybe change the final saga too, especially since from wot i understand final saga didn't turn-out 100% as he'd have liked since he was in hospital or so at the time. also maybe give jounouchi a counter-part & red-eyes-black-dragon this time:king:king:king

maybe the anime can be 100% his vision with benefit of hind-sight i think.

also @SuperSaiyan2's challenge completed i think.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I kind of liked that it felt disconnected. It made it feel as though the game was in its infancy and that it continued to grow. It made Battle City feel like a huge leap in technology and dueling ability in general.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
wasn't that also said that even duelist-kingdom rules were different from normal game? (if any-one can & wants to answer)

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
wasn't that also said that even duelist-kingdom rules were different from normal game? (if any-one can & wants to answer)
Only in the sense that there were field power bonuses. In universe the DK rules WERE the OG rules of the game, albeit they had "evolved" since Yugi's first two duels with Kaiba due to the addition of certain trap cards like Dragon Capture Jar. Takahashi later admitted he regretted making the rules so random like some TRPG because he had no idea that it would be turned into a real life card game later. Hence, the Battle City rules were much closer to the real life game other than non-quick play Spell cards being playable on the opponent's turn, and of course some effects differing between the anime/manga and the card game for balance purposes.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I think they should rewrite the Duelist Kingdom duels using the Battle City rules.
I'd watch a remake anime of the DM series where the duels aren't random trash for the first 40 episodes and Millennium World is properly animated without the censorship, low budget animation and nonsensical plot changes like Thief Bakura coming back to life through Kaiba's Ba energy, the Millennium Tablet gets shattered during Zorc's resurrection or some bullshit.