How would Buu Saga non fused Base Saiyans fare in the Cell Arc (My Opinion)

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Their entire focus in the Buu saga was fusion. Once Battle of Gods happened they were just left behind by they much. I just don't think they should be weakened to the degree that RoF Gohan had been since them weakening was never made into a significant plot point.
Yeah, we don't have any evidence of the boys weakening since the Buu Saga. It's probably best to assume they didn't.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Doesn't that lead you to believe that perhaps your old interpretation isn't as accurate as you once thought?
From the future perspective it can be. From how we are supposed to interpret it, no. This scalling mostly takes into account the 90s material and how it could fit with the movies.

SIAD

Elite
It really was.

View attachment 3139
View attachment 3140

The original Japanese text: トランクスの強さは知っているだろう?ガキでも強さは同じだ安心しろ

Romanization: "Torankusu no tsuyosa wa shitte iru darou? Gaki demo tsuyosa wa onaji da, anshin shiro."

Translation to English: "You know how strong Trunks is, right? Even as a kid, his strength is the same, so don't worry."
@Dagon

My only doubt is whether Vegeta is speaking in past or present time, saying: "Even as a kid, His Strength is the Same, so Don't Worry."

It seems that he said "when I was a child," speaking last time.

On the other hand, it also says "the force is the same", speaking in the present time.

So, can we deduce that Trunks since he is a child, has he always been equally powerful?

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
@Dagon

My only doubt is whether Vegeta is speaking in past or present time, saying: "Even as a kid, His Strength is the Same, so Don't Worry."

It seems that he said "when I was a child," speaking last time.

On the other hand, it also says "the force is the same", speaking in the present time.

So, can we deduce that Trunks since he is a child, has he always been equally powerful?
It's pretty straightforward. Trunks as a kid in the present time is equally as strong as the version of Trunks that 17 is familiar with as rhetorically asked by Vegeta.

SIAD

Elite
@Power Level Guy
@Dagon

They are right then:

Future Trunks SSJ (CG) = Trunks SSJ (Pre ToP) >= Trunks SSJ (Post Rosat).

Is there a problem with having Goten and Trunks making minimal gains between the Saiyaman Arc and after training in the Rosat? It bothers me to have such a big gap between Adults and Children.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Is there a problem with having Goten and Trunks making minimal gains between the Saiyaman Arc and after training in the Rosat? It bothers me to have such a big gap between Adults and Children.
There's a lot of leeway in regards to how to best handle this canonical fact. It's really thrown a wrench into many debaters perceptions of how strong they are.

Some people feel the boys were stronger than the Cell Juniors in the Buu Saga and have incrementally weakened over time.

Others think that they were weaker than the Cell Juniors and have incrementally strengthened over time.

So you have some leeway here, so long as you can reasonably explain what's going on.

We know the adults are significantly superior to the kids based on...

Base Adults > Piccolo > Base Kids

So we know they aren't quite as strong as their sparring sessions seem to indicate.

But you do have some leeway so long as it's nothing crazy.

We know Gotenks Post > Gotenks Pre, so Kids Post > Kids Pre is logical as well.

But you gotta keep it to a reasonable level.

SIAD

Elite
There's a lot of leeway in regards to how to best handle this canonical fact. It's really thrown a wrench into many debaters perceptions of how strong they are.

Some people feel the boys were stronger than the Cell Juniors in the Buu Saga and have incrementally weakened over time.

Others think that they were weaker than the Cell Juniors and have incrementally strengthened over time.

So you have some leeway here, so long as you can reasonably explain what's going on.

We know the adults are significantly superior to the kids based on...

Base Adults > Piccolo > Base Kids

So we know they aren't quite as strong as their sparring sessions seem to indicate.

But you do have some leeway so long as it's nothing crazy.

We know Gotenks Post > Gotenks Pre, so Kids Post > Kids Pre is logical as well.

But you gotta keep it to a reasonable level.
Do you think something like this is okay:

Arc Saiyaman:

Goten = 100
Trunks = 104

Arc Boo:

Goten = 109
Trunks = 112

Post Rosat:

Goten = 120
Trunks = 122

DBS:

Goten = 125
Trunks = 127

Trunks (CG) = 127

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior

Arc Saiyaman:

Goten = 100
Trunks = 104

Arc Boo:

Goten = 109
Trunks = 112

Post Rosat:

Goten = 120
Trunks = 122

DBS:

Goten = 125
Trunks = 127

Trunks (CG) = 127
Seems ok. We don't get much about the kids' power. The Gotenks power gains could be independent of the kids or it could mean the kids powered up to power up Gotenks in the RoSaT, so there's that.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior

Arc Saiyaman:

Goten = 100
Trunks = 104

Arc Boo:

Goten = 109
Trunks = 112

Post Rosat:

Goten = 120
Trunks = 122