Mihawk > Kaido

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Mihawk is undefeated so Oda will probably make him stronger.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I guess the only argument one could make is that Mihawk wasn't sure of where he stood against Old Whitebeard, so it would imply that they are close to one another. Kaido should be above Old Whitebeard, but Mihawk might be as well.

Future Warrior

Elite
I guess the only argument one could make is that Mihawk wasn't sure of where he stood against Old Whitebeard, so it would imply that they are close to one another. Kaido should be above Old Whitebeard, but Mihawk might be as well.
I mean Mihawk might have just been going off his reputation.

It’s also hard to say about Old Whitebeard in comparison to the other Yonko’s. He might not have the endurance to take them on but in pure power he might be stronger.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
But wasn't he not even capable of using Haki?

Future Warrior

Elite
But wasn't he not even capable of using Haki?
Yeah, I’m not saying he definitely is. But his devil fruit might balance that out.

Regardless, Mihawk ~ Yonko level is a given right? I don’t think it matters in that case if you think Mihawk is weaker than Old WB.

He cant be that much weaker than Kaido.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I definitely agree. I just feel like given how much Kaido and Big Mom have been hyped up, it's a hard comparison to make. Mihawk has gone under the radar for 1100 chapters and has yet to do anything of note, yet is clearly on the level of the Yonko. He could be stronger or weaker imo. If he's stronger then it means Zoro will have to surpass Kaido by a good margin to beat Mihawk. While that might be possible it sounds unlikely. I'd say Mihawk = Kaido is a good starting point for now.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
So where's Crocodile in the midst of this? He's clearly inferior to Mihawk in combat prowess, but Mihawk didn't take him lightly or try to boss him around in their partnership. Has Crocodile been upgraded to Yonko's first mate tier?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
His bounty is almost 2 billion now so definitely.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Maybe Lucci but until he demonstrates use of advanced Haki he shouldn't be touching Zoro.

Future Warrior

Elite
Yeah I definitely agree. I just feel like given how much Kaido and Big Mom have been hyped up, it's a hard comparison to make. Mihawk has gone under the radar for 1100 chapters and has yet to do anything of note, yet is clearly on the level of the Yonko. He could be stronger or weaker imo. If he's stronger then it means Zoro will have to surpass Kaido by a good margin to beat Mihawk. While that might be possible it sounds unlikely. I'd say Mihawk = Kaido is a good starting point for now.

There’s several things to consider though.

Ashura Zoro with 1-hp left a permanent scar on Kaido, and he was given PTSD of Oden doing the same to him.

Mihawk realistically should be stronger than both of these guys.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah but don't forget that Oden nearly killed Kaido with that attack. Zoro scarred him which is impressive given the toughness of Kaido's skin, but ultimately that was all he could do. Mihawk > Oden seems a given but I don't see it being by a huge amount honestly.

Future Warrior

Elite
Yeah but don't forget that Oden nearly killed Kaido with that attack. Zoro scarred him which is impressive given the toughness of Kaido's skin, but ultimately that was all he could do. Mihawk > Oden seems a given but I don't see it being by a huge amount honestly.
I mean is there any actual proof that Kaido is any stronger than Oden was?

I’m sure he got even stronger since then but the way he talks about Oden makes me think he was truly his rival.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I think Oden is definitely still a rival to him, but Kaido must have gotten stronger over those 20 years. When he references Luffy being in league, with Oden, Roger, Rocks, etc, that is a pretty wide dispersion in power. Oden couldn't even touch Roger and Kaido still included them in the same overall category. So I think the implication is that Oden was stronger than Kaido 20 years ago and is still relevant to current Kaido, but likely has been surpassed. Kaido is treated like the top dog being called the strongest creature and having the highest bounty among all pirates. I think it would be odd if he hadn't surpassed Oden given all of the hype he was given.

Future Warrior

Elite
Kaido is treated like the top dog being called the strongest creature and having the highest bounty among all pirates. I think it would be odd if he hadn't surpassed Oden given all of the hype he was given.
The thing is that I don’t believe in his hype anymore. If you asked me during Wano I’d have him as top 1 in the world.

Now I see several people surpassing him like Shanks, Dragon, maybe even Luffy.

Big Mom is basically equal to Kaido and she had trouble against Kid and Law.

Shanks 1-shotted one of them.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
That might be jumping the gun though. I haven't seen reason to believe that the original 4 Yonko were differing in power from one another. Shanks is currently the one who has hype going for himself, but it could turn out to be another Kaido situation, or maybe he'll lose to Blackbeard somehow.

Kaido seemed to view himself as the best, and viewed himself as the one who had the potential to be the next Joyboy. Given that he seemed to be testing Luffy in this regard, I'd say he doesn't believe that Shanks or anyone else currently alive can be the next Joyboy either. I'm cool with Shanks = Kaido = Big Mom until we see otherwise.

Shanks one shotting Kid is a pretty good feat, but he seemed to use his best attack which would be fused with Haoshoku and Busoshoku. Big Mom didn't seem to be using it against Kid and Law for whatever reason.

Future Warrior

Elite
Well yeah, I don’t necessarily think it has to be by a significant degree. The same way we would say Kaido >= Big Mom, I would say the same for Shanks.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I‘m cool with that for now.