Akira Toriyama has passed away

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
This is a sad day for all of us. Was already a horrible day for me for personal reasons, but this is just the nail in the coffin. RIP to an absolute legend, he made my childhood.

Warmmedown

Elite
Flipping heck. RIP. Saw Goku on a news site and was like "oh cool", then not so cool.

Very out of the blue. Cast members died, but I thought this one would be a good few years away. Only 68.

edit: Oh wow, 1st March. Here we were discussing his show without knowing he'd died. Crazy to know that just in the last week people in every continent and probably almost every country were watching his work or exercising their bodies with his characters as inspiration. Can't say that about many artists.

Last edited:

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Flipping heck. RIP. Saw Goku on a news site and was like "oh cool", then not so cool.

Very out of the blue. Cast members died, but I thought this one would be a good few years away. Only 68.

edit: Oh wow, 1st March. Here we were discussing his show without knowing he'd died. Crazy to know that just in the last week people in every continent and probably almost every country were watching his work or exercising their bodies with his characters as inspiration. Can't say that about many artists.
I was listening to the Goku vs Jiren OST on the train this morning. I thought to myself "I want to be like Son Goku. Every man wants to be Son Goku."

And then hear about this like 6 or 7 hours later. It sucks.

Warmmedown

Elite
I definitely didn't imagine he would go before Masako Nozawa.

Here's what the BBC article says:

"The Dragon Ball comic series debuted in 1984. It follows a boy named Son Goku in his quest to collect magical dragon balls to defend Earth against alien humanoids called Saiyans."

"Son Goku's journey from a kid who fumbles his martial arts training to a high-flying hero who can shoot bolts of electricity"

Bit off lol.

"Dragon Ball is hugely popular around the world and the comic series has also spawned cartoon and film versions."
Nooooo.

Hector

High Class Warrior
COVID vaccines strike again. Now we'll never find out who was the strongest in the Buu Saga.

Warmmedown

Elite
Noooooooooooooo! My sister told me before. The greatest legend to have ever lived in my opinion. No-one could ever replace him for me.

Mine I think is the classic one of him drawing.
I was gonna say if you don't visit the forum after this news I'm worried, but you're here.

Thinking of all the famous photos of him, he's one of those famous people who's still remembered with his young image, rather than his elderly one.