BoG Piccolo > SSJ Boys?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
When they're recruiting for the U6 tournament, Vegeta passes on the boys. But Vegeta hasn't seen Piccolo since BoG, does this mean BoG Piccolo > Boys?

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
It can be possible, but it can also be due to the fact that Piccolo has proved to be able to do something on his own in Vegeta's eyes, Vegeta had the bad contrast in relation to the kids that he thinks they can only fight by themselves using Fusion.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
rent-give-me-rent.gif
...except replace that with One-Piece. What Happened?!?!?!

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Vegeta passed on the boys but let the humans compete in the ToP, are the stronger than the boys too?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
What is the exact statement given?

Trunks: "You're gonna fight the guys from Universe 6, right? Let us participate too! We'll knock those Universe 6 guys flying!"
Vegeta: "No."
Goten: "Why?"
Vegeta: "I'm sure you're planning to fight by using Fusion, but that's against the rules. If you absolutely want to participate, become strong enough to fight on your own!"

This literally the scene before Goku meets Gohan and Piccolo.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I think that has more to do with their capability as an overall fighter, not just power. The humans are all experienced enough to fight as individual units and not have to rely on somebody else to function at 100%, whereas the kids don't have that experience and have always been tag team fighters, more or less. Vegeta even pointed out that they've relied on fusion in every single battle they've had since its introduction, so they haven't learned to deal with not having that as their fallback, unlike the adult Saiyans, who have had fusion explicitly barred from use in desperate situations.

Can't speak for the anime too much, but luckily, that's not in the manga. Piccolo is given an automatic pass into the ToP as well by Whis, and there's no explanation given for the exclusion of the boys on Vegeta's part.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Can't speak for the anime too much, but luckily, that's not in the manga. Piccolo is given an automatic pass into the ToP as well by Whis, and there's no explanation given for the exclusion of the boys on Vegeta's part.

Your posts remind me of how the manga is easier, even if it's boring. I should just forget the anime since it's not coming back... Toei-scaling is a nest for trolls.

SIAD

Elite
Your posts remind me of how the manga is easier, even if it's boring. I should just forget the anime since it's not coming back... Toei-scaling is a nest for trolls.
Do you think the Anime will not return?