Bounties

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Are they a fair way to estimate someone's abilities? Like could a 60 mil and 40 mil successfully take on a 100 mil, or does it not work like that?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Bounties are only a representation of threat, not power. There are rare occasions where it's used as a measuring scale, such as with powerful Grand Line Pirates (eg. Shichibukai) when the Straw Hats or another character are going to take them on, but even that's inaccurate, as it's all merely a number to show their threat to the Government. For example, Robin having a 79,000,000 Beli Bounty from Age 8 due to her knowledge of the Poneglyphs.

Overall, it doesn't mean much. For instance, Crocodile's bounty is one of the lowest of the Shichibukai, yet without spoiling anything, there are a few pirates he could hang with who have far higher bounties.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
That bit at the end of the first paragraph is a spoiler for Q, I believe, CC.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Well, I already mentioned it in a previous thread, so it's already a little too late. Plus, I'm not actually spoiling who he fights and whatnot.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Nah, I meant the first paragraph, the bit with the bounty. I'm fairly certain that's a reveal in Water 7/Enies Lobby, could be wrong, but either way it's probably not that big of a deal so maybe I'm just nitpicking at nothing. Good example though.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It was said way back in Alabasta by one of the Marines, actually, if you're talking about Robin.

Alex Boss

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Bounties are only a representation of threat, not power. There are rare occasions where it's used as a measuring scale, such as with powerful Grand Line Pirates (eg. Shichibukai) when the Straw Hats or another character are going to take them on, but even that's inaccurate, as it's all merely a number to show their threat to the Government. For example, Robin having a 79,000,000 Beli Bounty from Age 8 due to her knowledge of the Poneglyphs.

Overall, it doesn't mean much. For instance, Crocodile's bounty is one of the lowest of the Shichibukai, yet without spoiling anything, there are a few pirates he could hang with who have far higher bounties.

Assuming that WG wasn't aware of Crocodile's secret plans, his bounty would've gone higher.