Do you think Freeza cared about receiving Beerus' orders or he just destroyed the Planet Vegeta because of his own will?

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
In my case, I don't think it makes that much sense for Freeza to obbey Beerus, and it makes sense he just destroyed it because of his own fear. But, what do you think?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Why does Beerus even order him to destroy the planet and make the Saiyans go extinct when he wants to fight the SSJG? Makes zero sense considering the Oracle Fish seems to have told Beerus about the SSJG beforehand. This is why Freeza should have blown up the planet entirely of his own accord.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Why does Beerus even order him to destroy the planet and make the Saiyans go extinct when he wants to fight the SSJG? Makes zero sense considering the Oracle Fish seems to have told Beerus about the SSJG beforehand. This is why Freeza should have blown up the planet entirely of his own accord.
Beerus asked him to do so when he was sleep, Beerus didn't even remember the name of the Ssj God and has to be constantly relying on either Whis or the Oracle Fish to do that. And actually, I think it makes the most sense for Freeza to destroy it because of his own will.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
At most, Freeza should have just come to an agreement with Beerus to do so.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Beerus asked him to do so when he was sleep, Beerus didn't even remember the name of the Ssj God and has to be constantly relying on either Whis or the Oracle Fish to do that. And actually, I think it makes the most sense for Freeza to destroy it because of his own will.
Well yeah, a non-villain like Beerus (he's an anti-villain at best and essentially becomes a hero by the FnF arc) ordering Freeza to destroy Vegeta's planet completely undermines him being the archenemy of Goku and Vegeta both as well as the whole avenging one's race thing. Freeza should've destroyed the planet purely of his own will imo, and Beerus should've realized he'd done so but not given a fuck since the Saiyans were evil and he would've cleaned them up himself eventually.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I was always under the impression Freeza didn’t like the Saiyans and only kept them around because Beerus wanted them. If anything he was just waiting the OK from Beerus to blow up the planet.

Beerus wakes up in BoGs saying he had a dream about the SSJG and that’s what sets the plot into motion. He just didn’t care before.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I knew about the dream, but considering he seems to have been aware there was such a thing as an SSJG before and the Oracle Fish told him about a worthy rival appearing, it seems retarded that he'd order the extinction of the Saiyans like that.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Well yeah, a non-villain like Beerus (he's an anti-villain at best and essentially becomes a hero by the FnF arc) ordering Freeza to destroy Vegeta's planet completely undermines him being the archenemy of Goku and Vegeta both as well as the whole avenging one's race thing. Freeza should've destroyed the planet purely of his own will imo, and Beerus should've realized he'd done so but not given a fuck since the Saiyans were evil and he would've cleaned them up himself eventually.
But the only saiyan he didn't tolerate that much was the father of Vegeta. Also Beerus is a higher figure than Freeza as he is the God of Destruction.

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
But the only saiyan he didn't tolerate that much was the father of Vegeta. Also Beerus is a higher figure than Freeza as he is the God of Destruction.
The idea of Freeza serving as Beerus' lapdog in blowing up the Saiyan planet because King Vegeta was stingy towards him just completely shatters the thematic significance of the Freeza arc

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Beerus didn't exist when Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta
This right here. It is just a poorly made retcon.

The original Namek/Freeza arc makes it explicit that Freeza never really liked the Saiyans but respected their combat ability but at the same time realized their potential to reach new heights everytime they recover from hard battles and the legend of a Super Saiyan drove Freeza's decision to externinate them, as he feared a rebellion.

Given Freeza's fear of Beerus in RoF, I doubt he would have done anything to defy his wishes (not knowing he was asleep for the past 4 decades).

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Beerus didn't exist when Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta
Beerus has always existed, he was even mentioned in Z when Old Kaioshin said that someone sealed him on that sword, which later we realized that it was Beerus the one who sealed him.

Last edited:

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Uuuuh Beerus debuted in 2013
So, you are using out of universe logic? Still, I don't know what those the movies have to do with this as it were retconned, and on top of that, this being a discussion related of Super's perspective on the matter, as it was explicitely posted on this section.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
So, you are using out of universe logic? Still, I don't know what those the movies have to do with this as it were retconned, and on top of that, this being a discussion related of Super's perspective on the matter, as it was explicitely posted on this section.
Super is non canon

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
This right here. It is just a poorly made retcon.

The original Namek/Freeza arc makes it explicit that Freeza never really liked the Saiyans but respected their combat ability but at the same time realized their potential to reach new heights everytime they recover from hard battles and the legend of a Super Saiyan drove Freeza's decision to externinate them, as he feared a rebellion.

Given Freeza's fear of Beerus in RoF, I doubt he would have done anything to defy his wishes (not knowing he was asleep for the past 4 decades).
Yeah that's why it's such a shame, Freeza destroying Planet Vegeta in of itself is a retcon given that it was established in the Saiyan arc that a meteor destroyed it, and it was perfect in giving Freeza the culpability he needed to be the most irredeemable villain in the series (seeing as Boo was just evil incarnate and/or a volatile manchild and Cell was created to do evil). then they went ahead and made Freeza into Beerus' lapdog and made half of Z just a cafeteria food fight compared to the scale of Beerus and the other retcon/asspull god characters.