Dragon Ball Super Movie 2018 discussion

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
Dhrc1rjU0AAqkmb.jpg

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Looks kinda like him from that angle, but the scar isn't the same. Most likely a Saiyan if this is legit.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
"Broly" is obviously just the nickname of Berserker Yamcha. Just look at the top of the picture.
R.I.P. "BROLY IS CANON" thread.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
As if Toei would give Yamcha that much importance :ha

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
[mention]Mr. Giraffe[/mention] does that actually say Broly?

Flame

High Class Warrior
It's official, on the website too and here are some comments from Toriyama.

Everyone, are you familiar with Broly?

He's an incredibly strong Saiyan who only appeared in the old anime movies, and I apparently at least drew the designs for him, but I had practically no involvement with the anime at the time, so I had totally forgotten about the story content.

So, about Broly. I hear these days, he's still very popular not only in Japan, but also overseas. Based on that, my editor suggested we have Broly appear in this next movie.

I went ahead and watched the movies from back then, and I felt this could be quite interesting once I got right to work trying my hand at a story that incorporates him into the Dragon Ball Super series.

While keeping in mind Broly's classic image so fondly in the more fascinating Broly.

Naturally you'll get to see fierce combat, but also, the encounter between Goku, Vegeta, and Broly. It also involves the Frieza Force and the history of the Saiyans, which end up having a major connection to everything. The story content turns out to be very large - scale and dramatic.

Here comes that almighty Saiyan, Broly! I'm also including lots of other content all you fans will enjoy, so look forward to to it, and be patient a while longer for it all to come together !!

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
At least from the sounds of it,this version of Broly is going to be properly integrated into the canon. Hopefully, :troll will make his character at least somewhat deeper than just hating KAKAROTTO's crying, though it's doubtful given Toriyama's modern track record.

Inb4 Pakl has a breakdown over Broly actually being MAXIMUM.

Flame

High Class Warrior
Hopefully, I doubt this Broly will have Legendary Super Saiyan tbh.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Yamcha said:
I doubt this Broly will have Legendary Super Saiyan tbh.
I don't see how that would be possible, given it's design is Broly's most iconic quality and the poster all but confirms his strongest form will at least be comparable in design to it. I get you could be talking about it not being referred to as "Legendary" and just being a "Berserker" like Kale, though even that is doubtful with the numerous mentions of the movie having strong ties to the Saiyans' origins.

Flame

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Yamcha said:
I doubt this Broly will have Legendary Super Saiyan tbh.
I don't see how that would be possible, given it's design is Broly's most iconic quality and the poster all but confirms his strongest form will at least be comparable in design to it. I get you could be talking about it not being referred to as "Legendary" and just being a "Berserker" like Kale, though even that is doubtful with the numerous mentions of the movie having strong ties to the Saiyans' origins.
I mean, for all we know his form could be what we saw in the teaser trailer. Only a green aura with eye color change. I'd be super okay with that.

Flame

High Class Warrior
Reaction to teaser

Some people: It's Yamoshi!
Other people: It's the guy who killed Yamoshi!
Broly fans: It's Broly!
Everyone else: It's not Broly you idiot. Why would they bring him back again, especially when he had a character 100% based off of him?
News comes out
Broly fans: :troll

The one time they were right.

Future Warrior

Elite
Oh god...

First off, fuck the editor. Their ideas should fall on deaf ears to Toriyama-sensei when it comes to implementing ideas based on fanservice. We already saw how Resurrection F turned out.

Secondly, the only way I can rationalize utilizing the character is due to the fact that it's only common sense for a LSSJ to exist within the vacuum of the main continuity because of U6 containing a similar concept which is Kale. Ok fine, but does his name really fucking have to be Broly? Sounds like an obvious cash grab that's evident by putting one of the most popular characters in DB in the title of the main film.

Toriyama can change up the character all he wants with a unique design and backstory, I'm 95% sure the movie is gonna be loaded with stupid homages with a 1-dimensional villain with a 1-1 personality from the original.

Honestly, I was one of those that were optimistic about the new movie (Loved the new animation style and was intrigued by the concept of exploring Saiyan backstory), after hearing about this shit I can only hope for a miracle that it doesn't turn out as bad as it looks.