Expected Battle Powers

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
I interpret Nail's words more as something like, "You might have a chance."

I’d argue if that’s what he meant he’d say that. He says you might beat him. Not just have a chance. But like I said, there’s a lot of leeway here.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think Vegeta is in a state of desperation, and he's coming undone to a degree. It's one thing to win against 1st Form Freeza, but to beat Transformed Freeza doesn't seem to make much sense. But it could be a less than 8k Goku and friends versus Nappa scenario. Perhaps there are other situations like this as well, Unweighted Goku/Piccolo vs Initial Raditz and so on.

I don't think Vegeta actually says they can beat Transformed Freeza, so I'd need to see the definitive quote, but he also doesn't expect Freeza to power-up much.

It's times like these that I can't help to think of Final Form Freeza getting such a paltry boost being illogical. 1st Form to 2nd Form Initial is at least 2x, my goodness, Final Form Freeza's arrival is portrayed as the most devastating thing to ever happen in the series. FF Freeza getting a power-up at least on par to 2nd Form Freeza seems in order.
Chapter: 295 (DBZ 101), P9.1-5
Vegeta: “We can win! If the 3 of us fight together, we’ll be able to win somehow or another! [ ] It seems that even Freeza hasn’t noticed…These two’s battle power is steadily rising…”

Chapter: 296 (DBZ 102), P2.1-3, P3.1
Context: still talking about Freeza’s transformations
Vegeta: “Don’t be scared, he’s bluffing…he won’t change that much.”
Freeza: “Oh, is that right? Look vee—eery closely then. This isn’t something you get to see very often. Even when I attacked Planet Vegeta, where the Saiyans lived, and fought with the king, I was able to win without any need to transform whatsoever…Vegeta…your father wasn’t anything special.”

He may not directly say that they can beat 2nd Form Freeza, but none of this makes sense if he thinks they can't.

"We can win!"

Then tells Freeza to transform.

SIAD

Elite
I think Vegeta was confident that between the three of them they could hold out for a bit against Transformed Frieza and perhaps with the help of a rage boost from Gohan, until Goku recovered.

Vegeta was confident that Goku would obtain a Zenkai Power, so between the 4 of them, they would have a chance.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
I think Vegeta was confident that between the three of them they could hold out for a bit against Transformed Frieza and perhaps with the help of a rage boost from Gohan, until Goku recovered.

Vegeta was confident that Goku would obtain a Zenkai Power, so between the 4 of them, they would have a chance.
Au contraire.

Chapter: 303 (DBZ 109), P11.3
Context: after Vegeta asks Kuririn to half-kill him to gain a power-up
Kuririn: “Goku should be revived any time now.”
Vegeta: “Kakarot is a lower-level warrior! He won’t get any stronger than that!”

SIAD

Elite
Au contraire.

Chapter: 303 (DBZ 109), P11.3
Context: after Vegeta asks Kuririn to half-kill him to gain a power-up
Kuririn: “Goku should be revived any time now.”
Vegeta: “Kakarot is a lower-level warrior! He won’t get any stronger than that!”
I think I was hoping Goku would get some kind of Zenkai Power, but not too big, at least far enough to become SSJ.

Anyway, even Goku without Zenkai Power, can be a good help against Transformed Frieza (Vegeta's Estimate), considering he has Kaioken.