Goku and Vegeta after finishing their fight against Broly, did they get a Zenkai Power?

SIAD

Elite
If so, at what point in history did Goku and Vegeta PSSJB surpass Gohan in the Manga?

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
In Super they were stronger from the start.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
They seemingly powered up through it being a tough battle, not a Zenkai though surely.

SIAD

Elite
They seemingly powered up through it being a tough battle, not a Zenkai though surely.
Did they light up after Gogeta's fusion was finished?

And if so, in their PSSJB forms did they surpass the extraordinary power of Ultimate Gohan (ToP)?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Future Trunks said it was impossible for Goku/Vegeta to get Zenkai power-ups. They naturally got stronger from fighting a strong opponent.

SIAD

Elite
Future Trunks said it was impossible for Goku/Vegeta to get Zenkai power-ups. They naturally got stronger from fighting a strong opponent.
Getting stronger as they battled SSJ Broly? Or did they get stronger when Gogeta's fusion finished? Or both options?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Probably after the fight in general. I think back to part 1. Goku likely got stronger after recovering his toughest battles (like vs Jackie Chun), but they weren't Zenkais as he wasn't near death. New DB material seems to push that to the limit, with Toriyama reiterating that Saiyans grow stronger the tougher their opponent is.

I don't remember them powering up during the film, but I guess it's possible knowing Super. All we have in the manga is the statement that Goku and Vegeta came out of those events "stronger than ever", which makes it sound as though it happened after the fight.

SIAD

Elite
Probably after the fight in general. I think back to part 1. Goku likely got stronger after recovering his toughest battles (like vs Jackie Chun), but they weren't Zenkais as he wasn't near death. New DB material seems to push that to the limit, with Toriyama reiterating that Saiyans grow stronger the tougher their opponent is.

I don't remember them powering up during the film, but I guess it's possible knowing Super. All we have in the manga is the statement that Goku and Vegeta came out of those events "stronger than ever", which makes it sound as though it happened after the fight.
And do you think:

Goku / Vegeta PSSJB (Post Broly) > Ultimate Gohan (Peak ToP) > Goku / Vegeta PSSJB (Vs Broly) > Goku / Vegeta PSSJB (ToP)?

Don't forget that Ultimate Gohan (Peak ToP) outclassed a Suppressed version of Jiren who in turn was much stronger than his Initial form and the latter easily surpassed the combined power of Hit and Goku PSSJB (I mean 2 fighters from the PSSJB level of the ToP).

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Fighting stronger opponents and getting stronger is a zenkai. Vegeta on Namek describes the Saiyans' especial power as getting stronger after tough fights. Almost dying helps the boost, but it's not the bulk of it.

I have no idea how, but Goku and Vegeta did get stronger according to the narrator. They should be stronger than Ultimate Gohan now since it takes them leaving Earth for Gohan to be the strongest.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Fighting stronger opponents and getting stronger is a zenkai. Vegeta on Namek describes the Saiyans' especial power as getting stronger after tough fights. Almost dying helps the boost, but it's not the bulk of it.

I have no idea how, but Goku and Vegeta did get stronger according to the narrator. They should be stronger than Ultimate Gohan now since it takes them leaving Earth for Gohan to be the strongest.
Even not counting Ultra Instinct, Goku had the power stressed Blue form and Vegeta hs Evolution so Gohan could still be stronger than PSSB.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
ighting stronger opponents and getting stronger is a zenkai. Vegeta on Namek describes the Saiyans' especial power as getting stronger after tough fights. Almost dying helps the boost, but it's not the bulk of it.
Nah man. Completely ignoring the words straight from Vegeta's mouth.

Chapter: 268 (DBZ 74), P8.1-5
Context: Vegeta thinks Zarbon’s strength has fallen from the pre-emptive attack and brags about his own increase in power.
Vegeta: “Looks like my preemptive attack had an effect…Your stamina’s fallen quite a bit, hasn’t it? Zarbon, your death is close.”
Zarbon: “My d-death is close…!? Don’t make me laugh! My battle power is higher than yours!”
Vegeta: “Zarbon…Weren’t you supposed to know a lot about Saiyans? It wasn’t a good idea for you to carelessly treat me after I almost died…Don’t you think so? Saiyans can steadily increase their battle power each time they recover from near death…”
Kuririn: “So…so that’s it…! Now that he mentions it, Goku also got stronger every time he had a fierce fight…Dam-dammit! So that’s why Vegeta’s ki has risen so darn much…!”

The "Saiyans get stronger in battle" isn't something ever stated in the manga to my knowledge, with Toriyama blatantly stating it in more recent times. It was always a near death experience that resulted in the largest power ups.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
@Super Saiyan I was actually thinking of this statement:

Chapter: 257 (DBZ 63), P10.1-2
Context: Vegeta bragging to Dodoria about how he became stronger.
Vegeta: “Fuhahaha…! We Saiyans grow stronger each time we fight…! The stronger the opponent, the stronger we become…So I’m becoming stronger too…! I almost died on Earth, and have now vastly powered up…!”

Near death power ups are obviously way more significant, but we’ve seen boosts from lesser injuries before (e.g. Kid Goku’s post Budokai power ups).

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
@Super Saiyan I was actually thinking of this statement:

Chapter: 257 (DBZ 63), P10.1-2
Context: Vegeta bragging to Dodoria about how he became stronger.
Vegeta: “Fuhahaha…! We Saiyans grow stronger each time we fight…! The stronger the opponent, the stronger we become…So I’m becoming stronger too…! I almost died on Earth, and have now vastly powered up…!”

Near death power ups are obviously way more significant, but we’ve seen boosts from lesser injuries before (e.g. Kid Goku’s post Budokai power ups).
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm disagreeing with the notion that both are a Zenkai.

SIAD

Elite
I also believe that Gohan was still superior to Goku/Vegeta PSSJB (Post Broly), as Piccolo and Gohan witnessed the power of Vegeta SSJBE and Goku PSSJB Pseudo Kaioken. In the Arc Moro, only Gohan and Piccolo hint that Gohan is inferior to Goku and Vegeta.

At the end of the ToP, it was Goku and Vegeta who used their PSSJB states as a reference point when they mentioned that Android #17 was very close to their levels.