is yugi that good? (if u can & want to answer)

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
if i look at the series that seems like i think:

he had to have his ability to counter pegasus' cheating-ability i think. there's nothing bad abt him countering i think, but if there were others who could render pegasus' ability useless they might also have won so that's not that gr9 i think i think.

he was almost abt to give-up against doll before kaiba gave him some confidence i think.

then there is some-thing even more, where kaiba was going to defeat him at battle-city & he again almost gave-up i think but he thought jounouchi talked to him & realized he had red-eyes-black-dragon & summoned i think. kaiba might have defeated him if he had planned for red-eyes-black-dragon too i think (maybe he did & i can't remember i think).

then there are too even more blatant examples i think:

player-killer was going to defeat him before plot-intervention i think.

& same with pandora except that might be able to explained because both were black-magician but pandora i don't think can tell yugi's black-magician any-way i think.

maybe more & i'm forgetting i think.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
couldn't maybe even haga have defeated pegasus if he could neutralize the cheating (if u can & want to answer)?

player-killer was going to defeat yugi i think.

if kaiba (he might have knwn tho. i can't exactly tell i think) knw abt red-eyes-black-dragon he might have defeated yugi i think.

pandora i think

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I doubt it. Pegasus was made out to be one of the top tiers even putting his cheating aside.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Yugi definitely would have lost or given up on numerous occasions if he something/someone didn't intervene. Ghost Kaiba had the battle won, Strings won, Kaiba won, Rafael won (in filler).

Hector

High Class Warrior
Perhaps Kaiba would have defeated Pegasus in a fair game, but I don't see how players like Weevil or Joey could have found answers to the Toon World, let alone his Relinquished monsters.

That said, Yugi is not undefeated. Against Pandora and Ghost Kaiba, he should have technically lost, but he got plot victories.

Against Kaiba, I don't understand why he wanted to give up. Even without the Red Eyes Black Dragon, the duel would have gone the same way. That was poor writing.

Against the Silent Doll, I guess he was just too horrified to realize himself that he could still win.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Against Kaiba, I don't understand why he wanted to give up. Even without the Red Eyes Black Dragon, the duel would have gone the same way. That was poor writing.
Without Red-Eyes Yugi would've only succeeded in destroying the first BEWD with Magic Cylinder (manga) or the anime-only trap card, and the second BEWD would've destroyed Beta the Magnet Warrior and the third one would've then attacked Black Magician and left him with no more monsters. He'd have been fucked on the next turn, unless he by some miracle drew Mirror Force and Kaiba was stupid enough not to prepare for it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
yugi also had magical-cylinder i think but by the end he only might have been left with black-magician i think so ye i think

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
yugi drew double-magic the turn after tho i think so maybe he could still win i think, especially consider he didn’t have to defeat all 3 blue-eyes at the end i think

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
yugi drew double-magic the turn after tho i think so maybe he could still win i think, especially consider he didn’t have to defeat all 3 blue-eyes at the end i think
But without Red-Eyes, Black Magician would've been destroyed by the third Blue-Eyes meaning that Kaiba honestly wouldn't even need to use his BEUD combo when he has two dragons to kill Yugi with while Yugi would have lost both of his monsters. Even if Kaiba decided to value symbolism over pragmatism and revived his third Blue-Eyes, Yugi would only be able to revive either Buster Blader or DM using Double-Magic. Buster Blader with the 500 Dragon attack boost from BEUD being on the field would only still be 3100 ATK, Yugi is screwed.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
yugi had the card that lowered a card’s attack-points i think that’s how red-eyes-black-dragon defeated 3rd blue-eyes-white-dragon i think

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye i think but then yugi also had that spell-caster power-up card face-down i think. i don’t think i can be bothered to calculate right-now i think. :troll:troll :troll

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
kaiba didn’t draw that until after final-attack-orders or something i think i think by that point yugi could choose what he needed too i think

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
kaiba didn’t draw that until after final-attack-orders or something i think i think by that point yugi could choose what he needed too i think
In YGO you can pretty much draw anything you need whenever you need it when your Duelist level is high enough though. Examples: Kaiba drawing Blue-Eyes to counteract Pegasus' Toon Blue Eyes, Yugi drawing Osiris when he most needed it etc.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite

:troll:troll:troll