Lucci still standing after Zoro

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Do you think Lucci was about to fall there and that hadn't Jimbei prevented Zoro, the outcome would just have been Lucci being defeated once Lucci, already very injured, rushed into Zoro?

Jimbei stated Zoro already won the fight so I guess so. Still though, I didn't think Lucci would still stand after Zoro using a Haoshoku embed attack, as injured as he was. May have to do with his awakening, the awakening of Zoans Crocodile spoke of on Impel Down that makes them very resilient, and more prone to come back.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I think the next attack would have finished him off. Jinbe's attack seemed to knock him out of his Zoan form and Lucci couldn't even stand after that.

Future Warrior

Elite
Do you guys think Zoro was using Haoshoku the whole time against Lucci or only to finish him off?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Is it explained that Haoshoku is super draining unless you're used to it?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Not from what I recall. When Luffy first figured out advanced Haoshoku he made no mention to it being more draining than any other types of Haki.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Not from what I recall. When Luffy first figured out advanced Haoshoku he made no mention to it being more draining than any other types of Haki.
So why don't they spam it if it's not even draining? Just to drag out the fight for Oda to crank out multi-chapter fights?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I’d have to reread the Lucci fight but maybe we’re meant to assume it was being used.

Future Warrior

Elite
Just cause Luffy can do it easily doesn't mean Zoro can.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Never mind it seems pretty clear that he wasn’t using it. I’m pretty sure that in the fight with King he was constantly using it though.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Never mind it seems pretty clear that he wasn’t using it. I’m pretty sure that in the fight with King he was constantly using it though.
He fought King before fighting Lucci right? I'm not current with OP so I am in the dark

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah King was Kaido’s #1. I haven’t read it in a while but I’m pretty sure Zoro was using it consistently there.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah King was Kaido’s #1. I haven’t read it in a while but I’m pretty sure Zoro was using it consistently there.
So they're just reserving HH to drag out fights like I assumed then

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Maybe it does drain stamina but Zoro was clearly using a lot of energy against Lucci. It would’ve made far more sense to use his top attacks from the start.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Sounds like a Gear 4 situation. Luffy had no reason to reserve it against the fishmen iirc.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Didn't Enma only drain Busoshoku?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't even remember any of Zoro's big finishers besides Asura or whatever it was called. What made Enma different?

Future Warrior

Elite
The reason he even achieved the power up was the realization that he had to pour as much Haki into enma instead of trying to resist it.

1033-016.png

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Enma pulls so much Haki it almost kills him. It literally forces him to use HH.

It's a lot different than Luffy, and yeah is draining for him.