Recruitment

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
I'm surprised retirement is hard in your universe.
Why can't you build a home in the woods or mountains and hunt? Grandpa did it, so you guys can.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I'm surprised retirement is hard in your universe.
Why can't you build a home in the woods or mountains and hunt? Grandpa did it, so you guys can.
Can you invite anyone from Pojo?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Can anyone on Neoseeker ask VampireWicked to come back?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Mexican Warrior, Voice Of Reason, Korruysdo, Simplexible, jplaya2023.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I notice that the Neoseeker Dragon Ball Forum is dying. I think we should ask some of the members to join here.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
They wouldn't post here I think. There's a reason there are only a few new members in years.... Ppl in general like those quick shitty social media with messages popping up in a storm. Ehh... What can we do

Warmmedown

Elite
Someone joined Tapatalk dbzf in October 2023. Damn. They even got an avatar, filled in One Piece as their fave, posted and retuened two months later. Wonder how they found that forum...it's on the front page of "dbz forums" on google still, tbf. No doubt people search for forums, but don't find one - I've had that experience myself looking for forums about new interests (although I don't see myself using forums like I did back then. We were all teens/early 20s then. Idk, maybe if there was an active forum it could happen, but I think I just wouldn't engage with it as much in the first place. Old forums had a balance of being big and varied enough to always be active, but still feeling personal. It used to be exciting or even exhilarating trying to post quickly because the rate of activity was so high, a feeling I've not had since on forums).

(btw, I'm not convinced Tapatalk is any easier to use on mobile than this forum is or than zetaboards was).

Not checked in with the dbzf community since 2022 I think, but I don't see Tinny posting here, unless he likes talking about DBZ - hard for me to say since the discord wasn't the best place for dbz discussions. Same for anyone else there. Like, there's a reason a few of them left.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Someone joined Tapatalk dbzf in October 2023. Damn. They even got an avatar, filled in One Piece as their fave, posted and retuened two months later. Wonder how they found that forum...it's on the front page of "dbz forums" on google still, tbf. No doubt people search for forums, but don't find one - I've had that experience myself looking for forums about new interests (although I don't see myself using forums like I did back then. We were all teens/early 20s then. Idk, maybe if there was an active forum it could happen, but I think I just wouldn't engage with it as much in the first place. Old forums had a balance of being big and varied enough to always be active, but still feeling personal. It used to be exciting or even exhilarating trying to post quickly because the rate of activity was so high, a feeling I've not had since on forums).

(btw, I'm not convinced Tapatalk is any easier to use on mobile than this forum is or than zetaboards was).

Not checked in with the dbzf community since 2022 I think, but I don't see Tinny posting here, unless he likes talking about DBZ - hard for me to say since the discord wasn't the best place for dbz discussions. Same for anyone else there. Like, there's a reason a few of them left.
Do you prefer forums in general as a platform for discussion, communication and getting along with people than other chat platforms like discord, Whatsapp groups, or other quick message chat groups? There's the appealing if sending quick messages on discord, but that can be really shitty when there's so many activities that your post get dogpilled or can't get any attention. Forums haven't that appeal of posting anything so easily but it has that attractive stand out messages members get, though discussions in general are less casual, which can be nice and there can be casual discussions as well too ofc. If like if social medias communications stuff were always like forums and the old messenger for example haha. Ppl needing to log in their computers accounts to talk... Seems more conducive in the sense that "now I've really taken a time to talk to someone".

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Discord is fun with the right people. Beyond that and it becomes filled with too much cancer. Forums will always be superior to me for many reasons.

Warmmedown

Elite
About Neoseeker, maybe some would like it here. It helps that they'd already know a few of us.

Just checked Pojo and saw the topic "Pojo Forums were the days :(" expressing similar lamentations to here about forums. Could be a place to find new Zeta members.

Found an AI search engine for finding forum threads about topics. I tried searching "Is Goku an angel?" - no results. Tried "goku vs vegeta" and got 1 result...a tennis forum thread about Djokovic using an oxygen chamber lol.

Do you prefer forums in general as a platform for discussion, communication and getting along with people than other chat platforms like discord, Whatsapp groups, or other quick message chat groups? There's the appealing if sending quick messages on discord, but that can be really shitty when there's so many activities that your post get dogpilled or can't get any attention. Forums haven't that appeal of posting anything so easily but it has that attractive stand out messages members get, though discussions in general are less casual, which can be nice and there can be casual discussions as well too ofc. If like if social medias communications stuff were always like forums and the old messenger for example haha. Ppl needing to log in their computers accounts to talk... Seems more conducive in the sense that "now I've really taken a time to talk to someone".
Forums are nice because you can come into a discussion days or years later, whereas discord you have to be there in a smaller window of time (reddit also has this issue, to a lesser extent) - which is that dogpiling or lack of attention you're talking about: if the right people aren't there to give it attention before it gets buried, the topic isn't discussed as fully. Plus on Discord you can have in-depth discussion - but not to same level as on forums, where you can take some time to think and to search. And on forums you can quote posts, split them up into parts and then discuss each part individually - basically, you have the option to be more meticulous and the difference is bigger if the chatroom is very active, meaning the topic isn't discussed fully before the chatroom moves on. And it's easier to look at or link to very old stuff on forums...you can link to posts from 10 years ago.

Discord is good for quick, casual chat. It's way quicker on a phone than forum posting. The speed can save time and make it easy to message on the go. The chat can get a nice flow and it kinda stays warm in your minds, because you can see who's typing, so it's constantly giving you some feedback. The reason I stopped using it isn't because it's bad, but because it's easy to spend too much time on it (plus idk wtf was going on with the different chatrooms). Forums are more flexible way to be involved in all the discussions.
Both are good. You can get to know someone and have fun with the same people in different ways on different platforms. There's the flow difference, but also on forums people make topics - whereas in chatrooms the conversation can flow naturally to topics that might not have had topics made on the forum.

Do you use whatsapp or something to chat about anime or whatever? How does that even work? And anyone in a massive group of new people can see your actual phone number and call you. That's another thing with forums: you can pick and choose what to engage about, which I think is good when you're with people you don't know and might not be comfortable talking about everything. Eg a person goes to a DBZ, they can post in the DBZ or gaming threads and not post in the more personal or inside joke ones.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
About Neoseeker, maybe some would like it here. It helps that they'd already know a few of us.

Just checked Pojo and saw the topic "Pojo Forums were the days :(" expressing similar lamentations to here about forums. Could be a place to find new Zeta members.

Found an AI search engine for finding forum threads about topics. I tried searching "Is Goku an angel?" - no results. Tried "goku vs vegeta" and got 1 result...a tennis forum thread about Djokovic using an oxygen chamber lol.

Forums are nice because you can come into a discussion days or years later, whereas discord you have to be there in a smaller window of time (reddit also has this issue, to a lesser extent) - which is that dogpiling or lack of attention you're talking about: if the right people aren't there to give it attention before it gets buried, the topic isn't discussed as fully. Plus on Discord you can have in-depth discussion - but not to same level as on forums, where you can take some time to think and to search. And on forums you can quote posts, split them up into parts and then discuss each part individually - basically, you have the option to be more meticulous and the difference is bigger if the chatroom is very active, meaning the topic isn't discussed fully before the chatroom moves on. And it's easier to look at or link to very old stuff on forums...you can link to posts from 10 years ago.

Discord is good for quick, casual chat. It's way quicker on a phone than forum posting. The speed can save time and make it easy to message on the go. The chat can get a nice flow and it kinda stays warm in your minds, because you can see who's typing, so it's constantly giving you some feedback. The reason I stopped using it isn't because it's bad, but because it's easy to spend too much time on it (plus idk wtf was going on with the different chatrooms). Forums are more flexible way to be involved in all the discussions.
Both are good. You can get to know someone and have fun with the same people in different ways on different platforms. There's the flow difference, but also on forums people make topics - whereas in chatrooms the conversation can flow naturally to topics that might not have had topics made on the forum.

Do you use whatsapp or something to chat about anime or whatever? How does that even work? And anyone in a massive group of new people can see your actual phone number and call you. That's another thing with forums: you can pick and choose what to engage about, which I think is good when you're with people you don't know and might not be comfortable talking about everything. Eg a person goes to a DBZ, they can post in the DBZ or gaming threads and not post in the more personal or inside joke ones.
I use WhatsApp mostly to talk with friends and relatives. I've been to a good volleyball group once, very good in the sense that I connected to some ppl there in a deep way, but beyond that, it was never great for groups of like, anime/manga/series/real world matters discussions. Most I got into were kinda inactive or flooded with messages that were unrelated, trying to send illegal stuff, advertising, or in an anime one that was active for the purpose it was created, it circled around animes I wasn't interested in like most talked about new brand of animes, I think that one about Ogres, or Orcs, idk, that manga about cooking competition that I've read many chapters but found hella boring and some others that seemed visual appealing but once I tried to give a go, I just couldn't find the immersion since it seemed to appeal more so for the aesthetics than the feeling of the scenes, the connection with characters, atmosphere... All imo ofc, but the animes I got mostly into, they had a vibe that I am way more fond of. The mangas mainly, ofc. I do find ppl there to talk about Vagabond, Lone Wolf, Kingdom, Ashita no Joe, Chi no Wadachi, Aku no Hana, Akira, Perfect Blue... They aren't mainstream mangas/animes I think, so yeah, I understand that. But most mainstream ones except for the classic ones I got into earlier like DB, OP, HxH... I can't get into them anymore. I think these classic ones that were mainstream were still very, very good to the point the newer ones from my PoV are totally lacking. OP though, I'd say it's doubtful. I can see the appeal, the dreams taking over and it makes sense when you want to go in a world not so connected to real life for an adventure, but at the same time I also find it a tad bit generic in the sense that its emotional scenes are a little pushing, artificial, overblown, with basic themes such as friendship being important being overly expressed in emotional ways that I just can't connect as it's just such a basic message. Or a tragic past that I still maintain my opinion that it's tried too hard to make us feel the grieve which in the end distance me more from that, instead of sad scenes that are done in a more subtle way, without over exposition, with messages that imo carry even more of a irl meaning but are more discret... One scene from OP for example that I really liked was Vergo's farewell do Doflamingo... Seemed a loaded scene in the sense they were long partners, Vergo was ready to die for Doflamingo, Doffy breaking every villains prior demeanor wasn't mad with Vergo failing and thanked him for everything up to that point, even apologizing himself, with Vergo giving a subtle smile but acknowledging Doffy... That one was real to me. Some others as well ofc.