SSJ Grade 3 = 10x?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
SSJG3 being x10 SSJG2 is pushing it. Same with SSJ2 being x10 SSJ. I used to believe that SSJ2 was as strong as SSJG2 and SSJG3 being stacked, but the Boo Arc nerfs SSJ2 in favor of SSJ3.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Grades 2 and 3 seem nerfed as fuck by the CG too due to the Saiyans either achieving or coming close to SSJ mastery. Perhaps SSJ2 gets nerfed when you're more accustomed to the form as well.

SSJ3 being nerfed is a decent explanation to add onto why it's basically never used in Super.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
You would think a mere blast from Trunks/Vegeta would be able to kill Cell in the CG if Gr. 3 was a 10x boost over Gr. 2. I just don't see it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Cell buffing himself up only to be so badly damaged in one kick by Gohan that he lost his Perfect form tells me it isn't anywhere near even a 3x boost. 10x is just people that don't have any contact with Toriyama or even Shueisha and Toei whatsoever making up their own BS multiplier, nothing more.

This is like when ppl took the French translation saying Boo's "absorptions" (plural) weakened him to somehow put Kid Boo >>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Goku by putting him above Buff Boo when that makes about as much sense as the ravings of a paranoid schizophrenic

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Some Spanish speakers I believe. It has no credence beyond technically being from "official" sources. Similarly, you see Viz's Shonen Jump editorial department attempting to "spice things up" in their magazine by explaining that Satan's real name is Hercule to explain their censorship (only to be totally embarrassed when Toriyama revealed within a few years that his name is actually Mark) and that Yugi uses hair products to make his hair so funky even though Yami Yugi had that hairstyle in ancient Egypt. Funimation made up some BS for an anime magazine too when they said SSJ3 was required for Golden Oozaru which is the next step, which clearly tells me they haven't watched GT because Vegeta goes SSJ4 without ever having SSJ3