Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm calling it right now. Ousen dies.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Someone big needs to go. The plot has been stuck on Zhao for way too long.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Not if it gives Ouhon and Shin that amazing Shonen resolve boost that ahill loves so much :et

Future Warrior

Elite
ahill probably thinks a man being able to lift a car to save a child is irl plot convenience.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Well resolve boosts happen irl, though not the the point I'd be able to defeat Mike Tyson because I got a huge resolve boost and landed him with a solid uppercut

:troll

Future Warrior

Elite
That comparison doesn't even make any sense. Such an extreme scenario has never happened in any anime/manga out there.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I do wonder how there will be more enemies that can continually up the scales. How can anyone top Riboku?

Future Warrior

Elite
I do wonder how there will be more enemies that can continually up the scales. How can anyone top Riboku?
There is an opponent mentioned twice so far, who may or may not be up there.

Also I don’t think upping the scales should be a priority lol. It hasn’t really done that so far and it would just lead to power creep.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
That comparison doesn't even make any sense. Such an extreme scenario has never happened in any anime/manga out there.
I didn't say resolve boots are straight up trash... I said they are just overall kinda unrealistic and I don't like, personally, when that happens. I prefer when author's go a route involving strategy or a inherent flaw from the enemies the character pick up... I find that more digestible than the will to win materializing due to how much the character's resolve were. I've also said I don't like the "I'll be the one to beat you up" repeated many times to the enemy, since I find that harping too much on the protagonist's resolve and making an acknowledgement like "ohh his resolve and motivation is really big". Gives me a feeling of trying to hard to make it cool. Not saying Shonens are bad, only there are troupes I don't like that much.

Future Warrior

Elite
I didn't say resolve boots are straight up trash... I said they are just overall kinda unrealistic and I don't like, personally, when that happens. I prefer when author's go a route involving strategy or a inherent flaw from the enemies the character pick up... I find that more digestible than the will to win materializing due to how much the character's resolve were. I've also said I don't like the "I'll be the one to beat you up" repeated many times to the enemy, since I find that harping too much on the protagonist's resolve and making an acknowledgement like "ohh his resolve and motivation is really big". Gives me a feeling of trying to hard to make it cool. Not saying Shonens are bad, only there are troupes I don't like that much.
You must’ve hated every single One Piece fight then.

Also willpower is not the sole qualifier to winning battles in Kingdom. Its martial prowess first and foremost…

Arguably the same for most series but you want to oversimplify things for some reason.

Last edited:

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
You must’ve hated every single One Piece fight then.

Also willpower is not the sole qualifier to winning battles in Kingdom. Its martial prowess first and foremost…

Arguably the same for most series but you want to oversimplify things for some reason.
I've not, I've liked Luffy vs Lucci, Luffy vs Doflamingo, Sanji vs Mr. 2 and a some other fights... But overall, I don't like OP fights that much, and I think Kingdom handles way better group, team battles than OP, the latter which splits things in a pretty dragged and predictable way many times while Kingdom showcases a higher emphasis to team strategy, showed very well the details of the strategy of each army, difference in approaches from generals leading to different kinds of battles, knowing which kind of general will better handle a certain war, high emphasis to a strategist... whereas in OP, Luffy's recklessness and not listening to strategy always works out in the end, unlike Kingdom showing the Hi Shin unit suffering several losses when counting with Shin's intuitions only, and raw power... which makes the overall war way more meaningful. Which is why you're oversimplifying my view, as I didn't say those tidbits I don't like such as constantly reiterating they'll beat the character and all makes the fights void. It's a part of the fight and way of handling some of it I don't like, which doesn't mean all the fights lose their value to me, nor did I say willpower is the only trait the characters show for winning battles, did I? I stated it plays a role in the fight, but I didn't over simply them, I only pointed out what I disliked. I like that they're also tactical in a sense of exploring the enemies side that has been weakened, like the soldiers telling Shin to attack the side Rinko had his fingers missing and then been pointed out he was doing such but Rinko preventing that by keeping the battle to the center... Or Rinko struggling with Ou Hon's spear attack and noticing he had seen that before which is why he could avoid it, though barely... All the strategies employed by Mouten by displacing Rinko's soldiers and making the target more accessible, with the leaders recognizing that the units should cooperate to bring him down...

... It's not because I highlight aspects I don't like that I'm oversimplifying the battles under such being the only thing triggering the achievement...

Future Warrior

Elite
I've not, I've liked Luffy vs Lucci, Luffy vs Doflamingo, Sanji vs Mr. 2 and a some other fights... But overall, I don't like OP fights that much, and I think Kingdom handles way better group, team battles than OP, the latter which splits things in a pretty dragged and predictable way many times while Kingdom showcases a higher emphasis to team strategy, showed very well the details of the strategy of each army, difference in approaches from generals leading to different kinds of battles, knowing which kind of general will better handle a certain war, high emphasis to a strategist... whereas in OP, Luffy's recklessness and not listening to strategy always works out in the end, unlike Kingdom showing the Hi Shin unit suffering several losses when counting with Shin's intuitions only, and raw power... which makes the overall war way more meaningful. Which is why you're oversimplifying my view, as I didn't say those tidbits I don't like such as constantly reiterating they'll beat the character and all makes the fights void. It's a part of the fight and way of handling some of it I don't like, which doesn't mean all the fights lose their value to me, nor did I say willpower is the only trait the characters show for winning battles, did I? I stated it plays a role in the fight, but I didn't over simply them, I only pointed out what I disliked. I like that they're also tactical in a sense of exploring the enemies side that has been weakened, like the soldiers telling Shin to attack the side Rinko had his fingers missing and then been pointed out he was doing such but Rinko preventing that by keeping the battle to the center... Or Rinko struggling with Ou Hon's spear attack and noticing he had seen that before which is why he could avoid it, though barely... All the strategies employed by Mouten by displacing Rinko's soldiers and making the target more accessible, with the leaders recognizing that the units should cooperate to bring him down...

... It's not because I highlight aspects I don't like that I'm oversimplifying the battles under such being the only thing triggering the achievement...
That’s fair.

Physical duels arent really the thing I read this series for anyway. It’s how the unique attributes of each general interact with the battlefield to achieve victory.

I’d compare it to a sports match between two teams.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
His generals have been 10x more on the ball than he has lol

Future Warrior

Elite
Oh a 10 foot hulking beast is gradually making his way towards my position?

I guess my best move is to stand still and silent till my subordinates come to my rescue.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Maybe Ousen was about to one shot him :king