Uranai Baba ~ 22TB levels

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Tao has to be relevant in the 22nd Budokai. There's no way around it. Tenshinhan says no one could've taken Tao right after he beats Yamcha. Goku vs Pamputto is proof he's not some kid off the street, but it's Goku vs Kuririn that proves for good he's strong enough to beat Tao.

Here's the idea: Goku never went all out in Uranai Baba's gauntlet. Sure, he said he'd go all out on Akkuman, but it's no different from saying he'd go all out on Kuririn and then revealing it was actually his match level.

Red Ribbon Saga

Goku: 375
~ Full power (Only vs Tao): 750

Tao Pai Pai: 675

Mummy: 160
Akkuman: 240
Grandpa Gohan: 360

22nd Budokai

King Chappa: 375

Chaozu: 450
Yamcha: 480
Kuririn: 500

Master Tsuru: 600

Jackie Chun: 630
~ Full power (Unseen): 700

Goku: 500
~ Full match level: 750
~ Battle level: 1,500

Tenshinhan: 630
~ Full power: 1,400

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Look at this theory, ppl!!! Let's comment on it. We need more part 1

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Not much to comment on because I think it's more or less solid

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Nah I don't even follow it anymore. Read the chapter when Goku says he beat Tao: Tenshinhan and Tsuru instantly admit it's true and that they must have revenge.

My biggest grip was them being in denial about anyone being so strong despite Tien having already fought Yamcha, but after the initial reaction (Which ought to be emotional rather than rational) Tien doesn't doubt Goku beat Tao. Tsuru is the only one who doesn't know the power of the Turtle School, and Tien does admit to himself that Yamcha is pretty good anyway.

Tsuru admits Goku may have beat Tao after he beats Pamput, but just beating some 21TB fodder isn't enough. I see this as Tsuru confirming Goku isn't some kid off the street. Kuririn fight is official confirmation (Tsuru puts another "perhaps" but Viz omits it and it makes more sense), and I wouldn't say Tsuru only confirming in the end means Goku (Full match level) > Tao > Goku (Initial) ~ Kuririn. He just decided to watch the full fight before confirming anything. Imagine if Kuririn did beat Goku with the tail grab? Tsuru would probably say "Sure he's strong, but no way Tao lost to someone with an obvious weak spot!" or something.

Still a theory worth thinking about though. There's lots of fights pre-22TB that Goku starts holding back and then says he'll go all-out if they're tough.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Wait, no it doesn't. Sorry, I'm watching anime and I'm getting half the posts I read mixed up.