What Makes Dressrosa Shit

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
It's a sad, sad day to once have been a One Piece fanboy, only to hate the Dressrosa Arc one volume into the shit portion of it.

What really disappoints me is that it started out like it was going to be a brilliantly written Arc, especially during the 3rd volume in particular. It would be even better than Alabasta if executed properly, one of the greatest written points in One Piece. Of course people would still be complaining that it was written too much like Alabasta.

During the Colosseum, there were a lot of characters, but I excused that because they were just participating in a tournament, much like the Dark Tournament in YYH, where you watched it but didn't give a shit about any of the Demons, but they were still entertaining to watch in the matches.

There are too many characters introduced during the first 3 volumes, anyway. It started to become even more obvious during Volume 4, and during Volume 5, there are so many, they've overtaken the importance of Sanji, Nami, Brook, and Chopper, all of which haven't appeared for two volumes. I feel like Oda could have easily scrapped some ideas like the Green Bit Island with the Dwarfs.

Now fights are being skipped and Oda's focusing more on going from Point A to Point B than what is actually going on. It's like Oda took the negative aspects of Marineford, and crammed it into this superficial Alabasta Arc. Marineford was so great because everyone important from the Marines and even some Pirates during Part I appeared at the climax of Part I.

All these characters no one cares about appear at the first "real" Arc of Part II, only there's no build up for their development and it feels forced. I also don't want to be forced to remember this many characters, that's how many there are. Oda could have easily introduced this many characters in the Pirate Crews of the Supernovas than this.

This is the worst One Piece has ever been, which is sad because it had so much hype to it only to be trashed later on. I'll probably use this thread to rant some more as I continue reading Dressrosa.

Itachi

Low Class Warrior
I think you're exaggerating a bit. The back story of Law was really good.

I don't mind the characters, I just think the arc is just way too long.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I'm one volume into the Birdcage half, so this is just my thoughts thus far.

I hear the flashbacks are great, implying Oda still has it. He might just be cadering to the Marineford fags.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Maybe I am exaggerating about how bad Dressrosa is, though. It's certainly not shit, just bad (so far, at least). It's still shit by One Piece standards, though.

Alex Boss

High Class Warrior
I'm forcing myself to agree to with Yoshi. Dressrosa had so much potential to be one of the best. But it came a clusterfuck with too many characters, irrelevant annoying sidecharacters all over the place, inconsistency, Oda's lazy work (Might just have a break), Luffy running, Fights are dragged as hell, Luffy running, Sanji/Nami etc all gone, Aaannndd Luffy running.

The only Pros I can think of are: Luffy's G4, Doflamingo and his crew, Fujitora, and Law's Flashbacks (Best Flashback of OP IMO. Proof that Oda still has it).

Will One Piece get any better? It definitely will.