Why do Jounouchi (sort-of) and especially Kaiba have…

Warmmedown

Elite
Kaiba feels trapped in the life of a corporate heir he was born into. He pretends to be callous, but really he wanted to be friends with Joey, Mai and even Yugi (but not Tristan). The problem is, he's been groomed so well that he has towering psychological barriers to overcome if he ever wishes to form the relationships he secretly craves. These barriers are so large, he can't even see the light of hope that most shounen characters use as their guide, so all he can do is try to be around Joey and the others by meeting them as enemies on the battlefield. This makes him want to cry, so he has to heavily dissociate.

Jounounchi is a fucking prick.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Well the shit Joey was doing in the streets would've straight up sent him to jail in the west lol

Hector

High Class Warrior
There is no such thing as soul. Our conscience is merely the result of biochemistry in the brain.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I mean as-in their eyes look soul-less, like you know when characters are brain-washed or something at times.

Warmmedown

Elite
Also he wasn’t born into it. He is an orphan who was adopted by a rich person.
even worse. it's even harder to escape, because he feels he owes his father. you've only further cemented the validity of my psychological analysis of the client.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
even worse. it's even harder to escape, because he feels he owes his father. you've only further cemented the validity of my psychological analysis of the client.
He didn't like Gozaburo and ousted him from his own company lol.