Yajirobe In The Vegeta Saga

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
How the hell did he know where Goku and Vegeta were even fighting. Did Kami and Mister Popo teach him how to sense Ki?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 20-55-16 VIZ Read a Free Preview of Dragon Ball Full Color Saiyan Arc...png

I dunno if this line is also in the Japanese manga, but it seems as though he can sense Ki. Doesn't seem all that farfetched when Kami said everyone who trained with him had surpassed him.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
View attachment 3608

I dunno if this line is also in the Japanese manga, but it seems as though he can sense Ki. Doesn't seem all that farfetched when Kami said everyone who trained with him had surpassed him.
It's there.

もっ もも... ものすげえ妖気だ...... あ...あの化物の服...... サイヤ人の... ああいっサイヤ人なのか.........!?

According to Google Translate (surprisingly a lot better than the gibberish it used to spew out when you translate from Japanese), Yajirobe says:

M-m-m-m-what an incredible demonic aura... Ah...that monster's clothes...Ahh, a Saiyan...Ahh, is it a Saiyan...?!

I'm thankful for at least knowing how to read Hiragana and Katakana (even though I find myself confusing つ and っ ALL the time). Wish I actually understood it without having up use Google Translate (maybe one day). But, the takeaway is that despite some name changes and the occasional oddity, Viz did an excellent job adapting the manga to English.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_084255_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20240410_084255_Chrome.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 2

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Yeah Google translation is doing a great job. I think this would be what he said more verbatim but it's the same thing

Yajirobe: "That... that's... an incredible evil aura...... Th...that monster's clothing...... It's a Saiyan's... Is it really a Saiyan.........!?"

Yajirobe use "妖気" (yōki) in his dialogue, which is typically translated as evil aura, emphasizing that he could not only sense chi but the malice it conveyed.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
The term Yoki also doesn't inherently mean evil, it can imply a sense of mysterious and supernatural as well. But in the context it seems more tied to a malevolent aura.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
Of course Yajirobe can sense Ki lol

He noticed when the Saiyans arrived early
4adadadas.jpg
And could sense the Genkidama
12sdfsfssdf.jpg