Best battle powers ever

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Sure we can. Reecome cannot tank Vegeta.

So we know all tanking gaps are beyond the gap that existed between Vegeta and Reecome.
I didn't say that. You can infer which gap is bigger by the way they tanked the other's attack. I'm saying you you can't say "x tank gap must have a certain gap over y tanking gap"... That is, determining how far apart the gaps should be beyond gap A > gap B.

With Piccolo, we can't know how weakened he was. But he was weakened. That factors in their destruction power. Cell didn't outright tank it, we can't say he did, at least... And besides, we have seen finishing moves not killing or doing significant damage to the other opponent already. This is a not so set in stone way to carve a certain gap between both. All we know it's it'd likely kill 17 as 17 jumped off the way... So Cell is capable of easily enduring something which would kill someone = Piccolo. I've no reason to see that gap as beyond 60/100 honestly. It falls within the Goku vs Ginyus realm to me. So does 16 vs Semi Cell and Super Vegeta vs initial Perfect Cell... The latter which had Cell KO'ing Vegeta in a three hit combo in a similar way Goku did vs Burta. 19 post vs Vegeta may be a little over that (66/100) since Vegeta's gap seemed inferior... And Gohan vs Cell, in between that... 63/100 or so. If I wished to fit Gohan vs Cell more comfortably, I may place all the three aforementioned large tank gaps, as 55/100, Gohan vs Cell as 60/100 and Vegeta vs 19 as 66/100... With Vegeta vs Semi Cell slightly above, as 70/100. Recoome, who can't tank the same way, would be the agreeable range of 75/100.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I can see Recoome almost tanking Vegeta. He’s doing stuff pretty close to it. On the other hand, 1.33x fights don’t seem THAT big. Vegeta vs 19/Semi is something anyone can do though.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
So did Semi Cell, and by someone much weaker than 16. Recoome wasn’t trying to tank.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
So did Semi Cell, and by someone much weaker than 16. Recoome wasn’t trying to tank.
Semi-Cell did not get launched at all. He completely tanked Android 16's punch, which would be a bigger feat then whatever you are referring to.

"Trying to tank" is almost like an oxymoron. People just stand there and let someone whale on them.

I think Reecome getting launched is what happens when you stand there and take a punch at that difference. I don't think what Vegeta did versus Semi Cell or 19 was all that different.

Vegeta would allow himself to get flung if 19 was stronger.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
@ahill1

Interesting. What do you think about Vegeta telling Android #17 about which Trunks SSJ (pre top) = Future Trunks SSJ (CG)?
Going back to this though, did Vegeta know 17 was aware of CGs Trunks? Most likely not, he'd be aware 17 knew of the Trunks who got mauled by 17 and 18. But the effort in which the kids defended from the Cell Juniors attack, in all honesty, remembers me of the way future Trunks was struggling when getting his kick blocked by the Cell Junior in the one panel we got from the fight... But the kids were fending off multiple Cell Juniors, at least Goten was blocking two Cell Juniors iirc, so they outnumbering them changes things drastically. The Cell Juniors were smiling, but they could have hit for real while smiling, as if the Cell Juniors intended to hold back not to kill random poachers, then the kids wouldn't struggle defending them, much less go SSJ... So they probably attacked at FP I guess and the kids struggled with it, but struggled moreso than they would vs one only, likely, as they weren't concerned by only two Cell Juniors, there were seven of them. I think if they were like, still, 1.5x above the Cell Juniors, they wouldn't struggle when actually in the panel, at most, 2 of the Cell Juniors only that made contact with them? Perhaps. But maybe the stress of knowing there're 5 more ready to attack factored in their struggle too. Who knows. Too short to draw anything from btw.

SIAD

Elite
Going back to this though, did Vegeta know 17 was aware of CGs Trunks? Most likely not, he'd be aware 17 knew of the Trunks who got mauled by 17 and 18. But the effort in which the kids defended from the Cell Juniors attack, in all honesty, remembers me of the way future Trunks was struggling when getting his kick blocked by the Cell Junior in the one panel we got from the fight... But the kids were fending off multiple Cell Juniors, at least Goten was blocking two Cell Juniors iirc, so they outnumbering them changes things drastically. The Cell Juniors were smiling, but they could have hit for real while smiling, as if the Cell Juniors intended to hold back not to kill random poachers, then the kids wouldn't struggle defending them, much less go SSJ... So they probably attacked at FP I guess and the kids struggled with it, but struggled moreso than they would vs one only, likely, as they weren't concerned by only two Cell Juniors, there were seven of them. I think if they were like, still, 1.5x above the Cell Juniors, they wouldn't struggle when actually in the panel, at most, 2 of the Cell Juniors only that made contact with them? Perhaps. But maybe the stress of knowing there're 5 more ready to attack factored in their struggle too. Who knows. Too short to draw anything from btw.
@Power Level Guy

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Semi-Cell did not get launched at all. He completely tanked Android 16's punch, which would be a bigger feat then whatever you are referring to.

"Trying to tank" is almost like an oxymoron. People just stand there and let someone whale on them.

I think Reecome getting launched is what happens when you stand there and take a punch at that difference. I don't think what Vegeta did versus Semi Cell or 19 was all that different.

Vegeta would allow himself to get flung if 19 was stronger.

Tenshinhan buried Cell deeper than a fossil with a technique that's most likely below Sick Goku.

Not really. There's the effort aspect as well. Raising your arm to block isn't like putting up a magical shield.

None other of Vegeta's attacks could sent Recoome flying, including the Final Crash. There's obviously more ot it than a single numerical figure.

I disagree with the whole list as it is an appeal to minimalism.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. There's never going to be a be all end all, hivemind power level list.

That said, I do think SSJ being 10x is lazy.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Who implies he does? Vegeta? How?
Vegeta does. Look at the context of the statement.

If a first time poster sees me say, "ahill, you were better back in the day." This would imply that I didn't just meet you today, or at the very least, I was aware of your positions a long time ago.

It would be weird for me to say such a statement and just having first met you today.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Vegeta does. Look at the context of the statement.

If a first time poster sees me say, "ahill, you were better back in the day." This would imply that I didn't just meet you today, or at the very least, I was aware of your positions a long time ago.

It would be weird for me to say such a statement and just having first met you today.
Ok, but here Vegeta was talking to 17 about Trunks' ability... Which Trunks does Vegeta know 17 saw? He knows he saw the one who got stomped by him... Were him aware of 17 seeing Trunks later on when as far as Vegeta knew, he was already nonexistent by being absorbed by Cell? Unlikely. Also, it's weird to say "you saw how good my son was" when he was one shotted by the androids pretty much... But what did kid Trunks need to do? Defend the island... Just the dsiplay of what future Trunks had shown when attacking the androids pre rosat would convey the idea of being fit for a puny job as that.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Ok, but here Vegeta was talking to 17 about Trunks' ability
No, Vegeta specifically references them being the same strength. It's a specific statement, not a roundabout statement.

Which Trunks does Vegeta know 17 saw?
Vegeta seems to be implying the Future Trunks 17 saw while within Cell. Since both 17 and 18 can see everything that was going on when inside of Cell.

Were him aware of 17 seeing Trunks later on when as far as Vegeta knew
Yes, Vegeta implies that he is aware of such knowledge. Both 18 and 17 had a front row seats to the Cell Games via Cell.

Also, it's weird to say "you saw how good my son was" when he was one shotted by the androids pretty much
Considering how well the boys held up against the Cell Jrs, we can safely remove the option of Androids Saga Future Trunks out and understand that Vegeta is talking about Cell Games Future Trunks.

But what did kid Trunks need to do? Defend the island... Just the dsiplay of what future Trunks had shown when attacking the androids pre rosat would convey the idea of being fit for a puny job as that.
Well, apparently not. Androids Saga Future Trunks would have been in a world of trouble if he came across the Cell Jrs.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Well, I'm not so averse to having the kids at the Cell Juniors level. It's just that Super doesn't lay it out clearly. The comparison Vegeta made is when flimsy... Which gets the point accross anyway he puts it --- that his kid is also strong. And the Cell Juniors altercation was one panel only.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
It's just that Super doesn't lay it out clearly.

It’s literally as clear as it can be. Your standards for evidence are too high.

The comparison Vegeta made is when flimsy...

Literally says they are the same strength, I quote you’d accept in any other situation.

Which gets the point accross anyway he puts it --- that his kid is also strong.

Not also strong, just as strong. That’s the point Vegeta is getting across.

And the Cell Juniors altercation was one panel only.

Sure, but it got the point across. Kid Trunks = Future Trunks is backed up by the short segment shown.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Right, saying you saw my son, when there's no evidence Vegeta knows 17 was seeing through Cell... And says my kid is as good at... In a context meant around protecting the island from random poachers. Any statement comparing the two would fly, in Vegeta's mind, to convince 17. He didn't need get in specifics about anything as Vegeta just wanted to make a point his kid is up to the task. Someone could easily take this line and interpret it as kid Trunks ~ androids saga future Trunks, too. Before you bring the Cell Juniors, didn't you say they were holding back? So there you go too. It's not a solid reasoning. Can be taken if someone wants to place them in a certain spot, but it's far from a solid piece of evidence.