Best One Piece arc?

Flame

High Class Warrior
What's the best one? I'm almost to the Alabasta arc, which I hear is pretty good. But what's the best one?

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
My favorite is Alabasta and Water 7/Eneis Lobby.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Alabasta due to the scale of the conflict and interesting plot of it's antagonist working from the shadows to create a civil war primarily through intellect rather than power and it being one of the few cases where Luffy didn't get by due to brute strength or a power up. Summit War comes as a close second due to the permanent repercussions it had on the story and it's characters, though is held back from taking the top spot due to most of the potential quality that could've come from it's build up of future events being squandered almost immediately (eg. Luffy seeming like he'd get character development, only to completely regress to his old self by the next arc.)

Many will choose CP9 as a top contender, but I'd say it's average at best due to it's asspull power ups, ridiculous plot armouring that makes Pell's survival look reasonable and the character development it seemed to set up for Usopp and Luffy being completely erased by it's conclusion.

Flame

High Class Warrior
I've heard from many that Marineford is the best arc.

Also, I hope Alabasta isn't my favorite. It's good, but I think a lot of series' best arcs are far better.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Yamcha said:
I've heard from many that Marineford is the best arc.
Marineford is the arc I referred to as Summit War, though I'd say it only has a place as best arc if measuring it from the start of the Sabaody Archipelago events up until the end of Part 1, since the Marineford segment of it mainly consists of a bunch of short, inconsequential battles apart from two and a lot of the future plot threads it builds up ending up being disappointing, with the characters of Whitebeard and Akainu being the only real highlights in retrospect.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Alabasta or water 7.

The summit war is so ridiculously overrated in my opinion.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Marineford was a spectacle, that'd be why most fans hold it in such high regard. The whole of Sabaody to Marineford was an epic little thing nonetheless in my opinion, aside from the halt we come to in Amazon Lily (which served to worldbuild, but most of that arc felt like a pitstop I feel like).

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work