Budokai 3 is over-rated.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Correction: Budokai 3 is the 2nd best Dragon Ball fighting game behind FighterZ (3rd if you count Infinite World).

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Aside from the incomplete story mode and flaws in the capsule/skills system there was nothing gravely wrong with it. There usually is a myriad of flaws in other DB games lol.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
In terms of the medium of video games, it's overrated. As DBZ game, however, it's easily one of the best.

2kewl4u said:
In my opinion Shin-Budokai (both games) and Burst-Limit blow Budokai 3 out of the water.
Whilst their combat seems like a step up from Budokai 3, I wouldn't say they surpass it as an entire package, given the lack of interesting modes beyond story mode in them, plus the very linear nature of their stories compared to Budokai 3's many What-Ifs. The only thing that comes close to that is Shin Budokai 2 having about 4 different story endings, and even that pales in comparison to Budokai 3's having over 20 different endings when combining all the stories together, not to mention the sound clips giving us a good idea on the sheer scope planned for the story which no other Budokai game monopolised on since.
Only mode beyond story in Shin Budokai 1 and 2 worth playing to me was Arcade, and even that got stale after you completed it as all characters. There's the survival mode in them and Burst Limit, but that felt more tedious than expansive.

Also, Budokai 3's iconic tracks >>>> Shin Budokai/Burst Limit's

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
In terms of the medium of video games, it's overrated. As DBZ game, however, it's easily one of the best.

2kewl4u said:
In my opinion Shin-Budokai (both games) and Burst-Limit blow Budokai 3 out of the water.
Whilst their combat seems like a step up from Budokai 3, I wouldn't say they surpass it as an entire package, given the lack of interesting modes beyond story mode in them, plus the very linear nature of their stories compared to Budokai 3's many What-Ifs. The only thing that comes close to that is Shin Budokai 2 having about 4 different story endings, and even that pales in comparison to Budokai 3's having over 20 different endings when combining all the stories together, not to mention the sound clips giving us a good idea on the sheer scope planned for the story which no other Budokai game monopolised on since.
Only mode beyond story in Shin Budokai 1 and 2 worth playing to me was Arcade, and even that got stale after you completed it as all characters. There's the survival mode in them and Burst Limit, but that felt more tedious than expansive.

Also, Budokai 3's iconic tracks >>>> Shin Budokai/Burst Limit's
So you agree that game-play wise those games are better?

I liked the survival-mode, yeah it might be a bit tedious to some, but once the difficulty gets higher and higher witch each fight it becomes more enjoyable because if you lose once you're out and have to start all-over again. I also thought the stories in Shin-Budokai was better than always doing the same. Not to say that Budokai 3 was bad in that regard since the story wasn't done to death at that point.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
2kewl4u said:
Easily.

I liked the survival-mode, yeah it might be a bit tedious to some, but once the difficulty gets higher and higher witch each fight it becomes more enjoyable because if you lose once you're out and have to start all-over again.
If anything, that's the part I found most tedious. If you wanted to be a completionist, this can be seen as an annoyance as the stakes of each match, whilst somewhat exhilarating, would make the game all the more annoying if you were to lose. All a matter of what you're wanting out of a video game for this point though.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
2kewl4u said:
Easily.

I liked the survival-mode, yeah it might be a bit tedious to some, but once the difficulty gets higher and higher witch each fight it becomes more enjoyable because if you lose once you're out and have to start all-over again.
If anything, that's the part I found most tedious. If you wanted to be a completionist, this can be seen as an annoyance as the stakes of each match, whilst somewhat exhilarating, would make the game all the more annoying if you were to lose. All a matter of what you're wanting out of a video game for this point though.
That's why I didn't fack around (after losing for like the 5th or 6th or so time) in Survival-Mode and just spammed Final-Flash with Vegeta when-ever I got the opportunity and won. :king :king :king