Budokai 3

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Ok wtf, I don't remember this game being so hard when I was 8 years old. I completed all of the training and I'm getting absolutely sodomozed by the CPU lol. This feels like the deepest combat system I've ever seen in a DBZ game. What's your guys general opinion on this game?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I honestly forgot how to do most of the combos and/or ultimate attacks. I had like 90% completion on the game though :rumoosh

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah, it's fucking weird. The control scheme seems pretty complex, but I'm sure trial and error will help. The tutorial is too much info to absorb at once.

Gin

High Class Warrior
All I ever did was that infamous cancel combo which is like the best strat in the whole game. If not for those combos then Z hard would be unforgiving.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
What I mainly like about B3 is the combat system. Advanced mechanics such as combo canceling and teleport counter canceling add significant depth to the gameplay and make things more intense. Mastering the advanced mechanics for one or multiple characters require a good deal of practice, but I find that it's worth it since it allows you to elevate your skill to a much greater degree. Other factors such as ki management, taunting, techniques provided by capsules, stunning, and damage maximisation play a huge part in the game too. It's unfortunate that the HD release of the game on PS3 & Xbox 360 do not have netplay. It's possible to do B3 netplay on emulators like PCSX2 or Dolphin, however.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I never found the combat to be that hard except against higher level difficulty CPU. The only thing I found irritating was getting the timing right for Attack Win Ultimates, which was a lot easier on B2 when it was just either analog stick twisting or correct button input.

Viral Heart Disease + Senzu Bean also helped get through the tougher fights such as Dragon Arena and higher level Tournaments. :troll

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Jesus fucking christ I barely beat Nappa. :facepalm

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Favorite DBZ game period!

It did almost everything right... the combat was easy to pick-up and play but is surprisingly deep at the same time with that visceral fast-pace of DBZ fight scenes, various bells n' whistles to the series, gorgeous cel-shaded graphics, and near-infinite replay value.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yea, agreed.. The system is incredibly deep so there is a lot to learn which makes you want to keep playing..