Favorite battles in the Piccolo arc?

Flame

High Class Warrior
By Piccolo arc, I'm referring to Tien Shinhan Saga to the end of Piccolo Jr. Saga.

For me;

1. Goku vs King Piccolo
2. Yamcha vs Tien
3. Goku vs Tambourine
4. Goku vs Piccolo
5. Goku vs Tien Shinhan (1st)
6. Goku vs Tien Shinhan (2nd)
7. Tien Shinhan vs Cyborg Tao

There are some other good ones like Tien Shinhan vs Jackie Chun, but those are my favorites.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Would only place the 23rd TB as part of the Piccolo Daimao Arc at most due to the tone and focus of these arcs being far more similar than the 22nd TB is to either, but I'll just go with it.

#1 - Goku VS Piccolo Daimao - Had a lot of stakes going for it with the loss of the Dragon Balls, high emotion with Goku's rage over Roshi and Kuririn's death as well as perhaps the only case where the escalation in destructive capability was good at presenting how much of an increase in scale this was from previous battles. Would've been fine with this being the climax to the entire series if Toriyama felt like ending things there.

#2 - Goku VS Tenshinhan (22nd TB) - Not as good of a Budokai final as Goku VS Jackie Chun, since Ten's change of heart was far too rushed and not even the Kikoho felt like an increase in scale from an Oozaru transformation or Moon Bust, plus the fight's conclusion wasn't as close as a literal last man standing tie-breaker, but was otherwise a good match of near equals with perhaps the best choreography out of any battle in the franchise.

#3 - Jackie Chun VS Tenshinhan - Good choreography and a balance of serious and comedic tones, leading to a nice send off for Roshi's role in battle (until his Manly GAINZ in Super).

#4 - Tie between Yamcha VS Tenshinhan and Goku VS Kuririn - The former, whilst another Yamcha stomp match, was easily his most honourable loss in the series (bar perhaps his loss to Mummy in the anime) and helped hype up Ten's mercilessness. Whilst the latter had a predictable conclusion, it was nice to see the two friends face each other and see Kuririn's growth as a smart fighter.

#5 - Goku VS Piccolo/Majunior - Had good choreography and a nice finale, which would've been fine as a conclusion to the series, though the durability of both fighters became ridiculous when they both took each other's trump cards without significant damage. Also, the Budokai setting holds back a battle for the sake of the world, as it just feels far too contained and the ending seemed a little contrived as it was the only way for avoiding some fairly questionable factors the tournament setting brought forth. For instance, would Piccolo have just stopped the fight if he lost by ringout if he wasn't completely fatigued?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Kuririn vs Piccolo Jr. was kewler in my opinion. Truly showed his growth, especially when Master Roshi reflected back on when he first met him to how far he came.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Would've included that, but it didn't have the personal connection between characters that Goku VS Kuririn did, nor were the strategies as clever or creative as that match and Kuririn not being even slightly afraid of Piccolo or wondering who could be so strong outside of his group do detract some points from the Piccolo fight.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work