Freeza's age.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
So I was wondering...how old exactly is Freeza?

What we know, is that he was fully matured when Vegeta was still a child, and had a huge legacy and military empire behind him already...which controlled large sections of the Galaxy.

Vegeta is something like 30-32 year old at the Saiyan-Freeza saga. Goku is 24 at the start of Z, is dead for a year and trains with Kaio, and is thus 25 and a few months for the fight on Earth with Nappa/Vegeta. As for Nappa, my guess, is he is at least 50. There is only like a 1-2 month difference between the events on Earth and the whole Namek/Freeza arc. So Goku is 25 and some change when he turns SSJ.

So how old is Freeza? My guess is Freeza is in the hundreds, but not thousands of years old. In fact I'd say Cold is less than 1,000 as well.
Why do I know this? Vegeta mentions in the Ginyu arc that the last Super Saiyan existed around 1,000 years ago. Cold we know has never seen one, and for Freeza it's just a legend/old myth. So the The Super Saiyan existed long before Freeza's time. So while Freeza is an old guy who wields incredible power..he's not that old on a cosmic level. He's not like Buu or anything [milions or Billions of years old]. I'd say he's between 120 and 400 years old...I like to think the older the better but anything over 400 is pushing it. But last Super Saiyan existed long before him.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Goku is 23 at the start of DragonBall Z and 24 in the battle against Vegeta and the Freeza Saga.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
Fantastische Hure said:
Goku is 23 at the start of DragonBall Z and 24 in the battle against Vegeta and the Freeza Saga.
It depends on how long he trained with Roshi. We know Goku is 12 at the beginning of DB when he meets Bulma, then trains with Roshi and Krilllin for almost a year I thought. As it was said by Roshi,that the 21st Budokai was "the following year". So he should be 13 for the 21st Budokai.

Then of course he'd be 16 for the 22nd Budokai and Piccolo Daimao, and 19 for the 23rd Budokai and Piccolo Junior. Raditz takes place 5 years after the end of DB where he would be 24.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Victorious said:
Fantastische Hure said:
It depends on how long he trained with Roshi. We know Goku is 12 at the beginning of DB when he meets Bulma, then trains with Roshi and Krilllin for almost a year I thought. As it was said by Roshi,that the 21st Budokai was "the following year". So he should be 13 for the 21st Budokai.

Then of course he'd be 16 for the 22nd Budokai and Piccolo Daimao, and 19 for the 23rd Budokai and Piccolo Junior. Raditz takes place 5 years after the end of DB where he would be 24.
Well for what it's worth the Son-Goku Densetsu also lists him as 24 against Freeza. I have the guide-book, so I know.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
Fantastische Hure said:
Victorious said:
Fantastische Hure said:

Well for what it's worth the Son-Goku Densetsu also lists him as 24 against Freeza. I have the guide-book, so I know.

Well Guide Books are total crap. They have Nappa 4,000 battle power and so on.

If I can find that statement from Roshi about the 21st Budokai being the following year while training Goku and Krillin that should make Goku roughly 13 during it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Victorious said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Victorious said:

Well Guide Books are total crap. They have Nappa 4,000 battle power and so on.

If I can find that statement from Roshi about the 21st Budokai being the following year while training Goku and Krillin that should make Goku roughly 13 during it.
I can't remember but didn't Goku say he was 12 at the tournament when he could count right?

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Fantastische Hure said:
I can't remember but didn't Goku say he was 12 at the tournament when he could count right?

Mt8Eanz.jpg

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
7EVc67T.jpg

Was it really 30 yrs ago? Or is Freeza misremembering here?

He did seem to forget about Goku and Gohan even though Zarbon mentioned them both earlier.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
It couldn't be more than 24 years. Freeza kill the majority of the Saiyans during the day Goku was born. Goku was 12 at the 21st Budokai. Then is 18 at the 23rd Budokai. 5 years later, Goku is 23 then become dead for 11 months. After 9 days, Gohan and co goes to Namek, which took 30 days to get there. Then Goku goes to Namek, which took 6 days to get there.

Even though Zarbon said what his name on earth and his son, Freeza still thinks Gohan is the son of Raditz, Nappa, or Vegeta lol.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
In the manga, is there any evidence Freeza destroyed planet Vegeta the same day Goku was born?
It could even be a few years after Goku's birth.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
Thanks for showing me Goku is 12 at the 21st. Does anyone know how long he and Krillin trained with Roshi? I thought it was at least 6 months. He should be approaching 13 there. But yes, is absolutely still 12 at the 21st. So absolutely still 18 vs Piccolo Junior at the 23rd.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Freeza is probably well over 100 years old given he hasn't aged even slightly in 30 years. But given that King Cold doesn't seem to have weakened due to his age I doubt Freeza is very old for his race either, he might even be "underage"

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Victorious said:
Thanks for showing me Goku is 12 at the 21st. Does anyone know how long he and Krillin trained with Roshi? I thought it was at least 6 months. He should be approaching 13 there. But yes, is absolutely still 12 at the 21st. So absolutely still 18 vs Piccolo Junior at the 23rd.
It was stated they trained for 8 months. Overall, there's a lot of things wrong with the timeline and dates of Part 1, such as the Dragon Balls being active 4 months early (unless you believe there was a 4 month timeskip between Goku leaving to find the Dragon Balls and him finding Silver's men), but these are things we have to accept with this part of the series.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
Evil Vegeta said:
7EVc67T.jpg

Was it really 30 yrs ago? Or is Freeza misremembering here?

He did seem to forget about Goku and Gohan even though Zarbon mentioned them both earlier.

Freeza is giving a really rough estimate here. In either case, it would be impossible for it to be 30 years ago (in reference to this period of time) because no matter how you slice it, he certainly did not destroy planet Vegeta before Goku was born. Goku is 24 (or so) during this time period. It's also not a bad translation.

3H1a64A.png

I mean, you can clearly see the "30" in this box. Now, I know all of the letters there, but needed Google Translate to help, but it translates roughly into this:

"But whose child..."
"About 30 years ago I extinguished the Saiyans other than Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz... Supposed to be."

So yeah, it's just Freeza misremembering or just rounding way up. Either way, that's not an accurate statement. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I say not to read too much into what they say with respect to things like power levels/power scaling.

withheldforprivacy said:
In the manga, is there any evidence Freeza destroyed planet Vegeta the same day Goku was born?
It could even be a few years after Goku's birth.

In the manga, no. In fact, if you take Dragon Ball Minus into consideration, it doesn't look like it was destroyed the day that Goku was born.

Dragon-Ball-Minus-Scan.jpg