How strong was Shin Budokai Janemba?

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
How strong was Janemba in the first Shin Budokai game in your opinion? I'd imagine he's much stronger than the one from the movie.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
At bare minimum, either Gotenks Boo or Gohan Boo level, seeing as how SSJ Vegetto was required to defeat him when going down the Potara route. He was also capable of toying with SS3 Gotenks.

At maximum, his dimension warping abilities could be enough to reach or surpass Zen-Oh's level, seeing as how he was completely able to warp and merge the space-time of the Universe, including Future Trunks' timeline, as well as seemingly spread across many of U7's timelines with ease. His defeat to Gogeta/Vegetto could be presumed to be due to his physical state being far weaker than his pure energy state, or him being a glass cannon.

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
On the other hand, though, Super Saiyan 1 Gogeta was enough to beat him and I'm almost certain SSJ1 Gogeta <<< Buuhan.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Video Game-wise, it usually seems the case that the developers often believe the gap between Potara and Metamoran fusion is far lower than the anime/manga implies. For instance, the what-if battle in Raging Blast 1, or Gogeta defeating SS3 Gotenks in the alternate route of Goku/Vegeta's Budokai 3 story mode.

Latest profile posts

Now I'm permabanned from GameFAQs lol. End of an era
Get what deserved unfort
Got suspended from GameFAQs again lol smh