Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, never understood it's popularity

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I like pie

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Well, it's no secret at this point Budokai 3 is my favorite DBZ game always has been ever since I first got on Christmas day of 2004 and many likely share my sentiments as well. I still play it often even to this day despite unlocking everything in the game but some thoughts had me curious to if it's acclaim and success is truly deserved.

Back in 2004, the first two Budokai games weren't amazing but as games based on the Dragon Ball series they worked surprisingly well especially after shit like Ultimate Battle 22 and Final Bout. Budokai 3 then was announced which promised to finally address the suggestions and complaints people had of the first two games. The combat was greatly fleshed-out with a totally revamped ki system, new defensive maneuvers (like dodging and Teleport Counter), more individualized moveset for all characters, and much greater speed overall. The single-player campaign Dragon Universe contains the RPG aspects and near-infinite replay value from Dragon World (only more fleshed-out) but without the tedious board game setting to bog the experience down. The cel-shaded graphics were further refined. And more...

Budokai 3 was very well-received... it instantly became a fan favorite and was actually getting positive reviews from critics... in fact, it still remains the most acclaimed DBZ game to date. Even people who weren't into Dragon Ball were all over the game.

However, there's still it's detractors... notably those BT3 trolls who call it as "Tekken with DBZ skin". There are also those believe all it's acclaim isn't deserved with Shin Budokai, Burst Limit, and Infinite World which improved the formula in several ways.... notably with customization and core gameplay.

Now do you think the praise and success of the game is all what it's cracked to be or not?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It would've been good as they say if the story mode didn't have so much cut out. Apparently Future Trunks was going to have a story mode along with just about any character in the game including the Saibamen, yet Gohan still says that future Trunks warned them about Broly which is a plotline that's never in the game lol

Latest profile posts

Now I'm permabanned from GameFAQs lol. End of an era
Get what deserved unfort
Got suspended from GameFAQs again lol smh