Signer Dragons vs. Duel Dragons

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I haven't read the 5Ds manga but it does recycle the same dragons Team 5Ds used. They have the same designs (with only a few minor differences like slight color change), they have the same ATK/DEF as their anime counterparts, same owner, but the only difference being their special abilities. So which do you think would be more useful in an actual duel.

Duel Dragons
yu_gi_oh__5d_s_the_duel_dragons_by_crazyvalkyrie-d8jcr1z.png

Signer Dragons
yu_gi_oh__5d_s_the_signer_dragons_by_crazyvalkyrie-d8jcp6h.png

Yusei

Stardust Dragon (2500/2000, WIND)
You can banish Stardust Dragon from the field to negate the destruction of a card or cards on the field and destroy it. Than special summon it in the end phase.

Stardust Spark Dragon (2500/2000, LIGHT)
Once during either player's turn (barring the damage step) 1 card you control can't be destroyed in battle or by card effects.

Both dragons have the ability to evolve, not to mention most of Stardust Dragon's support will work perfectly with Stardust Spark Dragon

Stardust Dragon -> Shooting Star Dragon/Savoir Star Dragon -> Shooting Quasar Dragon
Stardust Spark Dragon -> Stardust Chronicle Spark Dragon -> Divine Stardust Spark Dragon (I won't explain go into those evolutions).

Jack

Red Dragon Archfiend (3000/2000, DARK)
When it attacks a monster in DEF mode destroy all face up DEF mode monsters your opponent controls. During the end phase of your turn destroy all face up monsters that didn't attack.

Hot Red Dragon Archfiend (3000/2000)
Once per turn during your Main Phase 1 destroy all face up ATK mode monsters. Only this card can attack the turn you use this effect.

Like with Stardust it can evolve.
Red Dragon Archfiend -> Savoir Demon Dragon -> Scar Red Nova Dragon.
Hot Red Dragon Archfiend -> Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss -> Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Bane - > Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity

Akiza

Black Rose Dragon (2400/1800, FIRE)
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can destroy all cards on the field. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Plant-Type monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Defense Position monster your opponent controls; change that target to face-up Attack Position, and if you do, its ATK becomes 0 until the end of this turn.

Black Rose Moonlight Dragon (2400/1800, LIGHT)
If this card is Special Summoned, or a Level 5 or higher monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: Target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Black Rose Moonlight Dragon" once per turn.

Crow

Black Winged/Feather Dragon (2800/1400, DARK)
If you would take damage from a card effect, place 1 Black Feather Counter on this card instead. This card loses 700 ATK for each Black Feather Counter on it. Once per turn: You can remove all Black Feather Counters on this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 700 ATK for each Black Feather Counter you removed, and if it does, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK lost by this effect.

Blackfeather Darkrage Dragon (2800/1400, DARK)
Once per turn, when you take damage: You can send up to 5 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard, then if any monsters were sent to the Graveyard by this effect, this card gains 400 ATK.

Luna

Ancient Fairy Dragon (2100/3000)

Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn: You can destroy as many Field Spell Cards on the field as possible, and if you do, gain 1000 LP, then you can add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

Ancient Pixie Dragon (2100/3000, DARK)
After resolving a Field Spell Card that was activated during your turn: Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Ancient Pixie Dragon" once per turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Attack Position monster on the field; destroy that target. There must be a face-up Field Spell Card on the field to activate and to resolve this effect.

Leo

Power Tool Dragon (2300/2500, EARTH) (Evolves into Life Stream Dragon)

Once per turn: You can reveal 3 Equip Spell Cards from your Deck, then your opponent randomly adds 1 of them to your hand, and you shuffle the rest back into the Deck. If this card would be destroyed while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), you can send 1 of those cards to the Graveyard instead.

Mecha Power Tool Dragon (2300/2500, DARK)
During your turn, when an Equip Spell Card(s) is equipped to this card: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Power Tool Mecha Dragon" once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 appropriate face-up Equip Card on the field; equip that target to this card.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
no one uses the bottom 3 really and the top 3 all have there uses but i give the edge to the duel dragons cause
hot red >> the regular one

High Class Warrior
I can see the bottom 3 being useful to an extent.

- Black-Winged Dragon nullifying effect damage at the cost of it's own ATK can be hefty especially seeing how it's 1/4 of it and nowadays it's not hard to bring out a 2000+ ATK monster but lowering your opponents LP & one of their monsters ATK by 700-1400 can be usueful.

- Ancient Fairy Dragon can rid the field of annoying field spell and put newer monsters on the field for Synchro/XYZ shenanigans, increase your LP and add another field spell for you to get the advantage to your hand.

- Pixie Dragon can get rid of other annoying monsters and pull more cards.

Power Tool Dragon is a good wall & beatstick and Life Stream Dragon will increase your LP considerably if you need it.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
To an extent many cards are useful doesn't mean anybody will really play them though, the bottom 3 will see very little play heck even the top ones don't see that much anymore

High Class Warrior
I can see some of them being useful.

Stardust Dragon can protect the field once per turn and then comeback. It has nice support that can bring it out straight from the Extra Deck without the need to Synchro Summon it. Shooting Star Dragon would be useful as well.

Hot Red Dragon Archfiend & Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend would REALLY help seeing as they get rid of ATK mode & Special summoned monsters specifically. The best thing I can think of when it comes to using standard Red Dragon Archfiend is bringing out Scar Red Nova Dragon which is almost indestructible and gets stronger from Tuners in your grave.

Black Rose Dragon will nuke the field and works best when used in a plant deck. While Black Rose Moonlight Dragon can lock down your opponents special summons once per turn.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
yeah i said those cards are good and are used but even those cards aren't used as much as they once were
better cards and strategies out there, no one is thinking im gonna duel and pull those 3 dragons out ever. Those cards are used if they are the best play available, after thinking of other options first.

High Class Warrior
I prefer Synchros over XYZs (although I could use either or). I'd rather use Stardust Dragon for an actual game. Stardust Spark Dragon with something like Safe Zone or another card to keep it from being destroyed would be helpful but Stardust Dragon and it's evolutions just seem overall better.

The others I wouldn't use in the same deck (that just clogs up the Extra Deck). With how broken the game is now thanks to Pendulum it's a lot easier to bring them out.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work