Super DragonBall Z?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I like it in premise, since a manga-based DBZ game that allows you to play as adult Chichi (with her bikini-esque armour as a child being a costume, no less :manabu2) and Ultimate Gohan with his Kaioshin attire. Being able to give any super attack to any character was also entertaining, such as having Freeza use the Kamehameha. However, the execution of it's gameplay left much to be desired, as the controls were something hard to get used to if you'd grown attuned to the Budokai style of combat and it felt overall slow in combat for a series well known for fast action sequences.

Wouldn't scratch my top 10 of DB games, but would at least get an honourable mention for effort.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
I like it in premise, since a manga-based DBZ game that allows you to play as adult Chichi (with her bikini-esque armour as a child being a costume, no less :manabu2) and Ultimate Gohan with his Kaioshin attire. Being able to give any super attack to any character was also entertaining, such as having Freeza use the Kamehameha. However, the execution of it's gameplay left much to be desired, as the controls were something hard to get used to if you'd grown attuned to the Budokai style of combat and it felt overall slow in combat for a series well known for fast action sequences.

Wouldn't scratch my top 10 of DB games, but would at least get an honourable mention for effort.
What would be your over-all top 10?

Pocket-God

Elite
I don't even think I've heard of this one before so it probably is under-rated lol

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pocket-God said:
I don't even think I've heard of this one before so it probably is under-rated lol
Came-out in 2006. That was back when Budokai-Tenkaichi series was all the craze. :galu :galu :galu

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
2kewl4u said:
What would be your over-all top 10?
Hard to say, but off the top of my head...

#1/2 - Tie between Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3
#3 - Raging Blast 2
#4 - Budokai 2
#5 - Budokai Tenkaichi 2
#6 - Infinite World
#7 - FighterZ
#8 - Xenoverse 2
#9 - Raging Blast
#10 - Legacy of Goku 2

Mainly just played the main console games, so haven't played a lot of handhelds such as Fusions, Advanced Adventure, Attack of the Saiyans or Boo's Fury, though I imagine they'd make the list if I did.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Burst Limit had good gameplay, though the annoying requirements for quite a few of the dramatic pieces is what brings it down by quite a bit for me.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
There were some that were difficult to activate but that was part of the fun. You could really change a fight around, if you did manage to activate one that you really needed and you could also just turn them off if you wanted to play without them in just an exhibition fight.