Top 5 Best/Worst Dragon Ball Z games

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Y'know, let's do it for old time's sake:

Best

5. Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

The most underrated DBZ game of all-time. Although small on content this game makes up for the really great fighting system. It's like Shin Budokai but more streamlined mechanics and all the characters were completely different (first for a DBZ game). It was the perfect balance between accessibility and functionality, and not only that but the graphics were gorgeous. We need a new game like this.

Just fix the Ki system, please.

4. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

A fan favorite. I might chase heat for having it this low but fuck it... with over 160 characters including transformations it has the most extensive roster of any DBZ game. Every character you can think of is here but not only that there was a lot to keep you busy such as Ultimate Battle mode where you play through 100 different missions, survival fighting as many opponents as you can, a Dragon Sim that incredibly hard to master, and disc fusion with the first two games. The combat was also, while not a complete overhaul like it's big brother BT2 was over the first game, was considerably improved with greater speed, more varied and skillful combo system, and overall more balanced... it was the ultimate DBZ experience. There are a few stupid, stupid designs that keep it from getting higher such as automatic lock-on, Dragon Tour bullshit, the lackluster single-player campaign, and lag-city online for Wii.

3. Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road

The combat is similar to Budokai 3's but with some major changes such as a more intuitive combo system of rush and smash attacks instead of punches and kicks, chargeable ki blasts/supers, and is completely streamlined with no silly gimmicks to slow gameplay down. Super/Ultimate moves are all now integral to characters as are transformations (which is somehow ruined in the game) and the overall speed is even greater than B3's. What holds it back though is the single-player campaign is lame (though creative), the roster is very unbalanced, and it's a PSP game so no local multiplayer unless the other player owns his own PSP and game UMD plus there's no online play.

2. Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World

This game uses the Budokai 3 engine but it's actually a huge improvement in several ways such as the inclusion of the defensive maneuvers and movement options from Shin Budokai and Burst Limit, even greater combo individuality, the removal of Dragon Rush, and the capsule system is more balanced and streamlined. You also didn't have the go in and out the Skill Shop repeatedly to get the capsules you want like in B3... everything is immediately available to you. What keeps it from #1 is certain elements it carries over aren't properly implement such as the fatigue system from BL and several of the real-time ultimate moves, the mini-games in Dragon Mission are godawful, and nullifiers are too predominant.

1. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3

Another fan favorite. If you know me it's no secret that I FUCKING LOVE this game... even more than IW which I FUCKING LOVE... even more than BT3 which I FUCKING... like a lot. This game does just about everything right making for a very well-rounded package. It was a massive improvement from it's predecessors as it proved not only to be a great DBZ game but just great in general.... with a single-player campaign that gives it near infinite replay value, vastly improved combat that was not only far deeper and strategic but actually felt like a DBZ fight, gorgeous (for the time) cel-shaded graphics, the removal of the generic redundant physical capsules, and the super addictive Dragon Arena. The only complaint I have is unlocking things is still a bit of a chore and Dragon Rush is annoying after awhile.

Worst

5. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Between the incredibly shallow combat and shitty graphics style this game is just not good. Combat is a pure mashfest with mandatory Co-op and all the characters are pretty much the same with the only thing separating them is a lame type system. You also cannot replenish ki in combat... you couldn't even power up and it committed the ultimate sin on a fight... NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER!!! There is no reason for this game to exist and I'm glad it failed. It's not just a poor fighting game but a pretty bad DBZ game as well.

4. Dragon Ball Z For Kinect

It's Ultimate Tenkaichi but without the things that made UT... passable. Combat that's somehow more braindead and even more repetitive than UT's with broken Kinect controls that makes you look like an idiot, watered-down story mode, and NO MULTIPLAYER... AT ALL!!!!! At least it looks nice even though it's the same graphics as UT.

3. Dragon Ball Z: Sagas

This game is just sad. It promised something great and original but instead we were flung shit in the face. Boring, glitchy, and exploitable gameplay. Subpar graphics. All the characters play exactly the same which made the extra mode where you can play as other characters pretty much worthless. It lied about the open-world which is wasted on a linear beat 'em up and not a very creative one at that. It just flatout SUCKS!!!

2. Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu

What's a worst DBZ game list without this pile of Oozaru shit? Ugly graphics, shitty MK-clone with DBZ skin combat, unlockables you don't care about, and there's nothing appealing about this game whatsoever. The only thing that made it worth a damn is rendered obsolete by later games which is playing as Broly for the first time.

1. Dragon Ball: Final Bout

TOSE's second failed attempt to bring Super Butoden to the firth gen of gaming. Yeah, I made it no secret that I hate this game with a seething passion. Never before has a game has ever given me a headache just from playing it till this game and for good reason. It's combat is filled with exploits and is completely unbalanced which is accompanied by horribly sluggish and delayed controls. The AI is also dumb as shit as well as being cheap motherfucker by spamming that annoying Meteor combo feature which for life of I can never do and when a game gives you the option to turn off one of it's main gimmick you know there's a problem.

The fact that anyone can like this game astounds me. This is not only the worst DBZ game I've ever play but this is also the WORST FIGHTING GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED!!! The only good thing about it is the soundtrack... which you can just buy on CD for a similar price as the full game. The only thing you'd miss is the pain.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Burst-Limit never gets the credit the game deserves. Just because no million characters and ends before Boo Saga.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
Best
5. Legend of the Super Saiyajin (SNES)
4. Supersonic Warriors (GBA)
3. Super Butouden 2 (SNES)
2. Hyper Dimension (SNES)
1. Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Worst
5. Budokai Tenkaichi
4. Ultimate Battle 22 (PS)
3. Legacy of Goku (GBA)
2. Taiketsu (GBA)
1. Sagas

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Best:
5. Legend of the Super Saiyan
4. Kai Butoden
3. Budokai Tenkaichi 3
2. Legacy Of Goku 2
1. Budokai Tenkaichi 1 because dat smile

Worst:
Don't know.
Fuck this shit im out.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Taiketsu is the only DBZ game I wish I could have never played. What an utter waste of time. Awful, stupid, inane game.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
Best:
1. Buu's Fury.
2. Attack of the Saiyans.
3. Legacy of Goku II.
4. Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
5. Raging Blast.

Worst:
1. Legacy of Goku.
2. GT Transformation.