What did you think when Donovan raped Guts?

Flame

High Class Warrior
What did you think when :donovan3 raped :wtf ?

I just immediately knew why Dongovan was so popular and I was a bit shocked.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Had watched the anime prior to reading it, so I was completely caught off guard by this twist. I wasn't entirely shocked when I already knew about the Eclipse, and still find it a great character moment as it provided trauma and a source of PTSD whilst having the rape in a context that gave it some depth rather than being edgelord schlock like most other manga/anime attempts at using rape as character development.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
I read the manga starting at volume 1, so when I saw this scene I immediately figured that it was a huge reason Guts is a complete asshole during the Black Swordsman arc. Obviously the Eclipse piled on to that trauma, but I only knew the Eclipse was a big event at that point because I hadn't been spoiled.

I agree with what CC said about the rape scene(s) not being tacky and for pure shock. The rapes are shown in a way that makes the reader angry... Angry at the rapist that is. I wanted to see Donovan dead right there, and I wanted to see Griffith murdered after the Eclipse.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
I like how everyone's all "It was such a good, well timed rape. 10/10"

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work