What does Kaikai best translate to

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
界界

I believe the repeating kanji indicates that Kaioshin is talking about more than world. Context being that he's moving from one world (or area, realm, boundary, etc) to another. Wiki says "world to world" but what do the native Japanese speakers think

@Father
@Dagon

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
lol i didn't realize that it was written in katakana

there is no meaning

Warmmedown

Elite
Meaning:keeper of the keys; earth. Kai is a gender-neutral name of Welsh origin, with roots worldwide, including in Greece, Hawaii, Japan, and Scandinavian countries. In Hawaii, Kai means "the sea," while in New Zealand, Kai is the Māori word for "food.

Father

Mid Class Warrior
lol i didn't realize that it was written in katakana

there is no meaning
I was about to ask where you found
界界 as the kanji.

The singular kanji meaning is to “separate”
or be “between X”.
So there might be some meaning to it,
just nothing substantial or concrete enough.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
I found it on DB Wiki lol

What's this about "separate" and "between X"? The kanji 界 (Kai) literally means "world". Putting it twice as 界界 (Kaikai) emphasizes that meaning; it could translate as "world-world" or "worlds". In the context of a teleportation skill that lets you travel all over the universe, it could be interpreted as moving from one world to another.

But the technique's name is spelled only in katakana as カイカイ (Kaikai), so it's mostly just wordplay, although "moving worlds" is probably still the intent of the pun.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I'm not a native speaker. The existing translations is probably fine. If you wanted to Americanize it you could call it the world jump or dimension teleport.

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o