ahill reads Alita

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
not to spoil ssj2's reading I decided to create an own thread.

so I finished volume 6 and am liking it thus far. the mystery of zalem is still up in the air and alita has encountered her second crush. I at least prefer this figure character over yugo. the sequence with the bajack's gang wasn't so entertaining to me fighting-wise but it was a little interesting to see they were planning a better society that would dismantle zalem. alita's line that the zalem ppl depend on the scrapyard to live is also a pretty good call back to our society in general... let's see how this is further explored.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I’m already as far as you lol. Sad.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
finished volume 7 and I'm up to volume 8 now.

this volume has entertained me but I feel it's been a trip anyway. many things that are bizarre and inexpleinable happening, like the whole sequence with that radio-man dude. that was pretty bizarre. this new den vilain doesn't look as engaging to me this far but it's interesting that he's a rebel to the whole zalem thing. more about the past of alita seems to be touched upon and it seems she opposed zalem before, seemingly, with the way den referred to her real name, but it's interesting that alita recognises den as a rebel that takes things too far. i found strange how koyomi so easily took bajack's side and wanted to venture with them but idk, may be losing some details here and there.

but cool story so far. i hope the ties are knot in these remaining 12 chapters or so. last order is like double the size of original alita lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Koyomi hates Zalem.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
She connected with Den's statement about being oppressed by the people above, and being forced to live in terrible conditions. She was raised by a man who wasn't even her father due to her parents abandoning her, and she said he would frequently beat her and turned into a drunk. You could tell the man was broken after the incident with Zapan, so it's pretty likely that Koyomi was brought up in a negative environment. When she reappears 10 years later she is a young punk who is gambling for a living. It's pretty clear she hasn't had a great life and wanted to escape the scrapyard to get away from that lifestyle.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I see now. Thanks. I didn't remember the details because I left it on hold for a while.

Did Shimira abandon her as well? I remember what happened to Ido but can't exactly remember Shimira going away also.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Shumira was said to be living in their settlement with 8 kids I believe. I'd imagine Koyomi was living with that drunk bartender primarily.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
[mention]ahill1[/mention] have you finished yet? Post a rating/review when you are. Curious to see your thoughts.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
How have you not finished yet? I’ve already read another manga and finished volume 1 of Devilman :facepalm

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I slowed down my manga schedule somewhat. I've watched many movies in this period and kinda put mangas on hold.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
so I've finished it and the mystery of Zalem's building is still hanging up. the then not so clear relation between kaos and den was more explored, which is nice, and the fact that the citizens of zalem got their brains mechanically modified leaves us in an even higher suspense as to what's indeed zalem. i enjoyed the memory alita had with jasugan and she later faking being in the dream only to spend more time with ido was very well played. it's kinda ironic that the citizens of the scrapyard are all fully robotic while having human brains whereas the citizens of zalem have all human bodies but cybernetic brains... that promotes a good reflection on who is truly human.

so the 51.5 and 51.6 chapters seem to take a different direction from the canonical ending and are supposed to fit with last order. could you ppl tell me from when last order takes after? is it from when alita is obliterated in the battle against zapam? that seemed to be so from some piece of dialogue but damn, that's way far back.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It continues from Alita getting blown up by Nova's doll bomb. Everything afterwards got retconned in favor of Last Order.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Kenshi said:
It continues from Alita getting blown up by Nova's doll bomb. Everything afterwards got retconned in favor of Last Order.

Retconned? Isn't Nova's bomb the end of part 1 though?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
ahill1 said:
Kenshi said:

The last 3 or so chapters after that bomb blew up Alita were retconned as non-canon.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Kenshi said:
ahill1 said:
Kenshi said:

The last 3 or so chapters after that bomb blew up Alita were retconned as non-canon.

Yeah but at least in the site I was reading, the bomb blowing up Alita happened in the last chapter, where Alita finds that baby she ran over with her truck.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Mangasee has the real ending.

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
Trump takes it in the ACE
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui