Ask Super Saiyan

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
No. I don't have the creativity to do stuff like that.

Pocket-God

Elite
So you've read HxH right?

Which is your favorite arc and who are your favorite characters, if you have any.

Gin

High Class Warrior
Which CoD is worse? Advanced Warfare or WW2?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yea I read HxH twice. Favourite characters would be Hisoka and Kuroro. Favourite arc? Hm, probably Yorknew.

@Gin luckily I skipped AW, so I will pick that as being worse lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The answer cannot be calculated.

Pocket-God

Elite
Aside from Pikachu, which other Smash characters did you like to use?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I used Roy a little here and there, and Captain Falcon was my main when I was really young, like 2002-2003 if I had to guess.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
SSJ2 said:
Favourite arc? Hm, probably Yorknew.
What in particular would you say places the arc above the other fan favourite, Chimera Ant, for you personally?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Honestly I can't think of what happened in Yorknew. Idk, I know I wasn't a fan of the beginning of the Chimera Ant arc, but it certainly is one of my favourites after that.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Perhaps it's because the art went to shit for a lot of the Chimera Ant Arc in the manga, whereas Yorknew tended to have mediocre but tolerable art.

Do you plan on watching the anime version of the Chimera Ant Arc even if you drop the 2011 anime for the most part?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Perhaps, but the story was quite compelling to me. I prefer the Ryodan as opposed to the stupid ants any day.

I'm sure I will, yea. I'm really struggling with motivation to do ANYTHING right now, so hopefully it goes away soon, as I do actually want to watch this anime. Might skip to Heaven's Arena or the Zoldyck arc at the least.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'd say even those parts are still worth watching in the anime despite still being pretty average, mainly due to the great ost of the Zoldyck episodes and the well animated fights in Heaven's Arena, though as long as you remember all the key info such as characters and the Nen explanation, then it's not essential to watch them. Looking infinitely better than their manga counterparts doesn't hurt either.

Do you have any plans on reading/watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? I imagine you'd like a lot of it's aspects, seeing as how it's combat system relying more on tactics than brute force was a major inspiration to Togashi's handling of Nen in Hunter X Hunter, including some character powers in HxH being lifted straight out of JoJo (eg. Genthru being a watered down version of Kira Y0shikage).

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Ok, then maybe I'll start at the Zoldyck episodes.

I'm not going to say no to Jojo, but I'm not sure as to when. Aren't there like 10 parts?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
8 Parts thus far and the combined some of their total length makes OP look short. You'd probably find it easier to get through by just watching the anime though, seeing as how it covers the first 4 parts in 113 episodes, covering 39 volumes of material (minus the omission of a few minor events. Two omissions do lead to plot holes in the anime's first season, but nothing story breaking). Part 5 is probably the weakest Part of the manga and Part 6 whilst having a lot to like, does feature a few flaws in it's semi-episodic structure, so I wouldn't say you need to rush to them anyway. Part 7 is set in an alternate universe, so if you want to get to the peak of the series quickly, it's fine to jump into it without having read most or any of the other parts.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Would you be able to fix my inability to like posts in the General Anime/Manga and Laboratory sections please?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Let me know if that's good now.