Gohan: "We're trying to help you, Baby-sama..."
Baby: "Do you think... [ ] ...that I might lose?"
Gohan: "Baby-sama..."
[ ]
Baby: "I was putting Oob's power to the test...and I had been enjoying myself!"

Episode 32
Time: around 10m10s
Context: After Baby and Oob fight for a little
Baby: "Now I see... You aren't all that bad. But unfortunately for you, you won't be able to beat me at this level! You can no longer think of me as the same person I've been up to now!"

Episode 32
Time: around 15m
Context: Baby is preparing his Revenge Death Ball
Baby: "This is smaller than the one I used when I defeated Goku, but it will be enough for the likes of you! [ ] Once I finish you off, it means that there will be no one else in the entire universe left to carry out Goku's will!"

Gohan, Goten, and Trunks trying to help Baby would imply Uub is stronger than SS3 Goku, since they saw Baby beat down SS3 Goku before he even transformed, yet they think Uub is a threat to an even stronger Baby.

But Baby saying his Revenge Death Ball is smaller than the one he used against Goku, yet enough to kill Uub, implies Uub is even weaker than Base Goku?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Could be that Baby simply overkilled it on Goku and didn't on Oob.

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
It isn't a big deal. He's strong, what else do you need to know? :/

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I think Baby just thought that the power he put into the Revenge Death Ball made to finish off Goku exceeded what was necessary, so there was no need to put as much power into it for someone that wasn't massively above Base Goku. In regards to Baby's minions wanting to help him, perhaps they thought that Baby was actually trying, based on facial expressions or whatnot.

I follow: Uub (Baby Saga) > Base Goku (Baby Saga)

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
The Revenge Death Ball he used against Goku was unnecessarily excessive, so he tuned it down, which was still enough to kill Oob. I think Oob is still at least on SSj3 Goku's level.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I was always under the impression that Baby wasn't taking it seriously. Also, I don't think Gohan and Co. had seen Oob fight since having trained with Goku, so it's possible his reputation was enough to give them pause for concern.

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
Trump takes it in the ACE
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui