Battle-Damaged Goku & Freeza

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
Here's a little list I made of Goku & Freeza's power levels during their fight. I know the Dainzenshuu caps them off at a 150 & 120 million each but those numbers don't really make sense given the fatigue and battle damage both of them take which is shown to play a factor in this fight. I think the Daizenshuu simply ignored these elements and opted to round out their numbers at their respective peaks without taking into account various other factors.

Goku - 3 million (arrival on the battlefield)
- 30 million (KKX10)
- 60 million (KKX20 + Kamehameha)
- 1.9 million (Post-KKX20)
- 80 million (Spirit Bomb)
- 1.6 million (Post Spirit Bomb)
- 80 million (Super Saiyan)

Freeza - 3 million (initial)
- 60 million (50%)
- 65 million (temporary boost to counter KKX20)
- 35 million (Post Spirit Bomb)
- 80 million and declining rapidly (Max Power)

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
60 million (50%)

The problem with this is that Freeza stated that he reached 100% of his maximum, and Goku never contradicted it despite acknowledging that Freeza was not bluffing about his power. At worst imo you can lower Goku but not Freeza.

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
SuperSaiyan2 said:
60 million (50%)

The problem with this is that Freeza stated that he reached 100% of his maximum, and Goku never contradicted it despite acknowledging that Freeza was not bluffing about his power. At worst imo you can lower Goku but not Freeza.
I believe Goku also comments on how Freeza's damaged body is what's kept him from going all out and we've seen from stuff up until this point that injuries diminish a user's power. Freeza thought the Bomb was going to kill him, hence why I think its really hard to believe he didn't lose any of his strength.

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
ekrolo2 said:
SuperSaiyan2 said:
60 million (50%)

I believe Goku also comments on how Freeza's damaged body is what's kept him from going all out and we've seen from stuff up until this point that injuries diminish a user's power. Freeza thought the Bomb was going to kill him, hence why I think its really hard to believe he didn't lose any of his strength.
He never mentions that Freeza's injuries prevent him from using full power, he just says his body can't handle going up to 100% power.

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P11.1-3
Context: with 5 minutes (ha!) before Namek explodes
Freeza: “In that case, I’ll show you my 100% power! There’s no way you can defeat me! Prepare yourself!”
Goku: “Why are you using your full power now?...I know: it’s because when you use all of your power, your body itself can’t handle it.”

freezamite

Mid Class Warrior
Suspended
Private Ryan said:
ekrolo2 said:
SuperSaiyan2 said:
60 million (50%)

He never mentions that Freeza's injuries prevent him from using full power, he just says his body can't handle going up to 100% power.

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P11.1-3
Context: with 5 minutes (ha!) before Namek explodes
Freeza: “In that case, I’ll show you my 100% power! There’s no way you can defeat me! Prepare yourself!”
Goku: “Why are you using your full power now?...I know: it’s because when you use all of your power, your body itself can’t handle it.”
But this doesn't have to be explained (again) at that point of the series. I mean, in every single fight getting injured means you lose power, and that was already heavily exploded in the fight against Vegeta.
Furthermore, Cell (who had Freezer's cells and abilities) did lose energy when he got injuried, so there's no debate in that Freezer became much weaker after the Genkidama.

My numbers would be:

Goku 305.000
KKx10 3.050.000
KKx20 5.000.000 - 5.500.000
SSJ 2.950.000

Freezer 25% 3.150.000
Freezer 50% 6.150.000
Freezer 50% after Genkidama 2.500.000
Freezer 100% 3.050.000

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
Fantastische Hure said:
I think lowering either of them kills the point of the fight.

Exactly. Dragon Ball has always been driven by plot more than a strict power list. I mean, just look at DBS Episode 66! If this series can get away with that, it can get away with not factoring in injuries during an epic final battle of an arc.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah Freeza seems to just have ignored injuries. Goku went from barely being able to stand to flying at full speed after fighting for a god damn volume because of SSJ, so Freeza also miraculously regained his lost power when he got jacked up imo.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Freeza had reserves left. It's like how Cell was weakened after fighting Goku but would still be able to power up and one shot him.

freezamite

Mid Class Warrior
Suspended
Super Neko Majin Z said:
Fantastische Hure said:
I think lowering either of them kills the point of the fight.

Exactly. Dragon Ball has always been driven by plot more than a strict power list. I mean, just look at DBS Episode 66! If this series can get away with that, it can get away with not factoring in injuries during an epic final battle of an arc.
Only when Toei is in charge of the plot. Dragon Ball the manga may have had some small incoherencies here and there, but it's one of the most accurate mangas when it comes to power scaling.

Freezer's injuries were absolutely taken into account by the author, since one of the first things Freezer says after the Genkidama is "even hurt I'll kill you all" and the end of the combat is precisely 100% Freezer losing all his energy after being cut by his own Kienzan's and goku giving him some energy of his.

There's not a single reason to think Toriyama didn't take into account Freezer's injuries.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
ekrolo2 said:
Here's a little list I made of Goku & Freeza's power levels during their fight. I know the Dainzenshuu caps them off at a 150 & 120 million each but those numbers don't really make sense given the fatigue and battle damage both of them take which is shown to play a factor in this fight. I think the Daizenshuu simply ignored these elements and opted to round out their numbers at their respective peaks without taking into account various other factors.

Goku - 3 million (arrival on the battlefield)
- 30 million (KKX10)
- 60 million (KKX20 + Kamehameha)
- 1.9 million (Post-KKX20)
- 80 million (Spirit Bomb)
- 1.6 million (Post Spirit Bomb)
- 80 million (Super Saiyan)

Freeza - 3 million (initial)
- 60 million (50%)
- 65 million (temporary boost to counter KKX20)
- 35 million (Post Spirit Bomb)
- 80 million and declining rapidly (Max Power)

I think Goku had already lost some power when he did 20x KK.

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
withheldforprivacy said:
He probably did lose some from getting smacked about by 50% Freeza but no significant decrease is noted for him until after KKX20 fails.

freezamite

Mid Class Warrior
Suspended
ekrolo2 said:
withheldforprivacy said:
He probably did lose some from getting smacked about by 50% Freeza but no significant decrease is noted for him until after KKX20 fails.
Even if he didn't lose a lot of power when 50% Freezer smacked him with such high levels of KK even a tiny bit of energy is important. I mean, with KKx20 if you loose 7.000 units of strength (much weaker than Nappa) in the end you loose 140.000 units of potential power (more than what Ginew had).

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.