Did Goku get a power increase in the Baby Saga?

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
We know that Rild is the first villian in GT to surpass Gohan-Boo. From what I can recall, Rild held his own against M2 Base Goku before making any transformations. Later, in the Baby Saga, we see M2 Base Goku pummel SSJ Gohan, whose base form is stronger than Ultimate Gohan.

Most people probably have the GT Super Saiyan multiplier at 2.5, because of Rild's line. However, I think Ultimate Gohan's power multiplied by 2.5 surpasses Gohan-Boo's power by a large margin, and I don't think the gap between Gohan-Boo and Rild was implied to be that large. So, do you think that Goku's power increased yet again by the time he fought Baby?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
ryan1227 said:
@Mike What do you think?
Well I see where you're coming from, as I've had the same problem in the past. It's incredibly hard to fit without having Rild and Goku way above Gohan-Boo, which I think is unnecessary. I usually just have Gohan slightly stronger than Base Goku and explain it as him messing around until Baby comes. Though it is entirely possible that Goku got stronger as well. Either of these I think could work:

Ultimate Gohan: 4.8
Base Gohan: 5
Gohan-Boo: 8
Rild: 9
Base Goku: 10
SS Gohan: 12.5

or

Ultimate Gohan: 4.8
Base Gohan: 6
Gohan-Boo: 8
Rild: 9
Base Goku: 10
SS Gohan: 15
Base Goku (Baby): 16~18

SIAD

Elite
Yes, I think Goku, Trunks and Pan Zenkai obtained some sort of Power, after Gill's back to normal, after being turned into metal. In addition this would explain as Goku Base could defeat so easily to Baby- Rildo. The latter has the power to General Rildo (Base) + Baby (Child).

By the way I have to Goku Base (Post Metal / Baby)> Baby Gohan SSJ. Baby Gohan Gohan is = Base (Baby) + Baby (Young). I have also Gohan Base (Baby)> Mystic Gohan.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I pretty much assume Goku at least gets continually more powerful at everything he does. I do like to overpower GT, as opposed to underpowering, pretty much right from the start of the series. There's a lot of points during the Baby arc he can get increases.