Do you think the anime should end or change things up a bit?

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
So the Sun and Moon anime is supposed to start in November and the Kalos league is right around the corner and should be starting at the end of the month. After XY(Z) we're going to the Alola region. Now I already know the Pokémon anime isn't going to end anytime soon, that's a given. So for a minute ignore that and throw it out the window. Would you want the anime to end or make some kind of change like ending Ash's story and moving on to another protagonist like other similar series such as: Digimon and Yugioh have done (maybe actually following the characters of the games and their adventures in [Insert Region Name Here]). I know Ash and Pikachu are the mascots/faces of the series but that doesn't necessarily mean they HAVE to appear EVERY generation (Anime Wise). I can't speak for Digimon because I hardly ever watched it, but I can speak for Yugioh who's mascot/face would be Yugi and he hasn't been the star for 10+ and only made a few cameos overall (hasn't had one since 2010) and despite a few hiccups the anime as a whole has been just fine without him. This is just the hypothetical question of: Do you think the anime SHOULD end or at the very least change up it's formula and go with someone else in the lead role other than Ash who's been doing the same thing for damn well near 20 years.

Male

High Class Warrior
Suspended
I think its fine the way it is tbh.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Should've ended after like Orange Islands if they were gonna milk Ash so much

High Class Warrior
I only want SOME kind of change since it's been the same thing for the past 20 years.

- Ash goes to a region
- He meets a girl and a guy and they travel with him
- Ash beats Team Rocket almost episodically
- Ash collects 8 badges so he can compete in the [Insert Region Here] League
- Ash loses the [Insert Region Here] League
- Says goodbye to his traveling buddies
- Finds out about a new region and decides to compete in that league
- Leaves all of his Pokémon barring Pikachu with Prof. Oak and goes to that region

Repeat the Process. After all of this time we've seen Ash grow from bumbling, immature amateur trainer to a mature and competent veteran. He was rebooted and reduce to noob status in Unova which didn't rub off on a lot of people, and now in Kalos he's written as being probably the most mature/competent he's ever been. So far it's confirmed he'll make it to the Semi-Finals of the league AT LEAST, hinted that he may make it to the finals and what happens then is anybody's guess. It's literally 50-50 whether he'll win the Kalos League or not. He has a good team of Pokémon and an incredibly broken form exclusive to only him. After all of this time I'd rather see a new protagonist or see the anime follow the storyline of the games or manga.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
So Ash hasn't won a single league yet? That's dumb, why does he move on then.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Same reason the anime is even ongoing, for advertising the games

High Class Warrior
Uchiha said:

Nope, although he's getting better

Kanto - Top 16
Johto - Top 8
Hoenn - Top 8
Sinnoh - Top 4
Unova - Top 8
Kalos - Top 4 at least confirmed, has serious potential to win this one. It's already started but it feels kind of rushed since Ash still hasn't face Team Flare and he's unwittingly carrying around a Legendary Pokémon with him.

I don't think the anime needs to promote the games anymore. As soon as a Pokémon game is announced it's guaranteed to be a Top Seller and get way more attention than the anime at least. May as well make the anime follow the games or manga which I've heard are good.

xmysticgohanx

High Class Warrior
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:
Uchiha said:

Nope, although he's getting better

Kanto - Top 16
Johto - Top 8
Hoenn - Top 8
Sinnoh - Top 4
Unova - Top 8
Kalos - Top 4 at least confirmed, has serious potential to win this one. It's already started but it feels kind of rushed since Ash still hasn't face Team Flare and he's unwittingly carrying around a Legendary Pokémon with him.

I don't think the anime needs to promote the games anymore. As soon as a Pokémon game is announced it's guaranteed to be a Top Seller and get way more attention than the anime at least. May as well make the anime follow the games or manga which I've heard are good.
I just remembered I need to get back on reading the pokemon adventures/special manga. It definitely is good

High Class Warrior
I don't think there is much more Ash can actually do in the anime. This is the most mature/strongest he's ever been. He has a good team of Pokémon that have accomplished some impressive feats, half of them have beaten Megas. Most impressive thing he's done in XY(Z) is almost beating the Champion of the Kalos region herself and she herself admitted if she and Ash had continued their battle she would've lost.

Pikachu: He's Pikachu he's guaranteed to do something OP, so far from rewatching the series so far he's beaten a Mega Lucario who murdered him earlier on in the series (Not counting what he's done in the past like beating a haxed Dragonite, Regice, and stalemating a Latios).

Greninja: On it's own it was able to keep up with The Kalos Champ's star player despite initially being at a disadvantage. After Synchro-Evolving it began dominating Gardevoir. Even after Diantha finally decided to take Ash seriously and Mega Evolve her Gardevoir Greninja was STILL winning and knocked Gardevoir off it's feet almost bring it to it's knees (As well as almost defeating Mega Charizard X who previously beat an Elite Four member and Zyagarde). So far I'm a firm believer that Greninja is more than likely the strongest Pokémon Ash has ever had so far.

Noivern: Took on and gained the upperhand against a Zapdos
Hawlucha: Defeated a Mega Absol
Talonflame: Managed to keep up with a Moltres before eventually being beaten by it.
Goodra: Since I just started rewatching rewatching this series I haven't gotten that far but I've heard from a ton of people it sounds like Goodra was all kinds of OP before Ash released him, but now that he's back Ash's chances of winning the League has grown.

The league started last week and we're already at the Semi-Finals. It's hinted that Ash will beat his rival Shota in the Semi-Finals than face his main rival Alain in the Finals, but there are a few other things to consider like Alain unknowingly being a Team Flare member on a mission to gather up energy from Mega Evolutions, Malva is a covert Team Flare member and she's at the league and the whole Team Flare climax hasn't happened yet so the League might be interrupted. But still it's been 20 years why not let Ash win this league and hang up the cape with him. I don't know what more can de done with him.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
I say fuck Ash. Let's start off with a new guy so that whenever he makes a beginner's mistake we can't get totally pissed at him.

High Class Warrior
I just think 20 years is enough time. Now's the best time to do it, since it's confirmed Ash WILL be in the finals and if episode titles hint at anything he actually just might win, against a legit opponent who's Elite Four level no less with Pokémon notoriously known for being pretty darn powerful.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I just think 20 years is enough time. Now's the best time to do it, since it's confirmed Ash WILL be in the finals and if episode titles hint at anything he actually just might win, against a legit opponent who's Elite Four level no less with Pokémon notoriously known for being pretty darn powerful.
Are the Elite 4 a single unit in the anime or do they have one for every region?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Every region I believe. We've seen Drake, Lucian, Bertha, etc.

High Class Warrior
Uchiha said:
Are the Elite 4 a single unit in the anime or do they have one for every region?

They have one every region in the anime (although Kanto/Johto share the same set of Elite Four members). So far Ash has met most of them (Or they've appeared to my knowledge). Ash has battled a few Elite Four Members and a champion so far.

Kanto/Johto Elite Four
Lorelei - Stomped Ash in a battle (When he had the type advantage)
Agatha - Stomped Ash in a battle
Bruno - Appeared once I believe
Lance (Johto Champion) - Appeared a couple of times

Hoenn Elite Four
Drake - Stomped Ash in a battle

Sinnoh Elite Four
Aaron - Appeared a couple of times
Lucian - Appeared once
Bertha - Stomped Ash in a battle (When he had the type advantage)
Flint - Stomped Ash in a battle
Cynthia (Sinnoh Champion) - Appeared a few times, destroyed Ash's Sinnoh Rival

Unova Elite Four
Don't know, I didn't watch the Best Wishes series

Kalos Elite Four
Malva - Due to her being a member of Team Flare she'll be appearing more in the upcoming Team Flare Arc. She's already at the Kalos League as a reporter. Hasn't battled Ash but she's battled his main rival Alain and was beaten by him.

Seifold - Appeared in the Mega Evolution special and beat Alain.
Diantha (Kalos Champion) - Battled Ash twice. Round 1 she one shotted him, Round 2: Ash almost beat her but their battle was called off due to Ash passing out before he could declare what looked to be a finishing attack.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work