End of Dragon Ball GT

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Do you guys like the end? And what exactly happened?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I always said I didn't like it for the longest time. But it also gets me a little choked up when I see it, so I guess having such a strong reaction makes me think it must be doing something right.

I don't like that Goku denied Vegeta a final fight, but the final part with Pan at the tournament is pretty touching.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
The ending to DragonBall GT was the greatest about the series. So emotional. I mean when the flash-backs are shown.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I didn't like the Goku wank (although it's GT so I guess that's only natural) and it was pretty amusing how such a huge attack was required to beat a villain that got a powergasm from blowing up a city block and needed a special attack to blow up the Earth. But eh, the Pan becoming an old woman part wasn't that bad. It's better than the rest of GT, but being better than GT is like being better than a pile of nuclear waste the likes of which the most starving of animals wouldn't approach.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I liked the very end. It was a better ending than the manga's where Goku just takes off to train some stupid kid.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Zoro said:
Yeah I liked the very end. It was a better ending than the manga's where Goku just takes off to train some stupid kid.
Oob is good, but they basically destroyed it all with DragonBall Super, since he doesn't seem to be making an appearance there now either.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't mind Oob, I just find the idea of Goku leaving his family again just so he can train a random kid. It just feels unfulfilling to me as the ending of the manga.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Zoro said:
I don't mind Oob, I just find the idea of Goku leaving his family again just so he can train a random kid. It just feels unfulfilling to me as the ending of the manga.
I think the idea was to let us continue the manga in our imagination.

All it did, though (at the time I watched) was make me think there's the next saga coming, I think. :wat :wat :wat

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I didn't like GT that much,but the end was touching, it even thrilled me a bit. The opening music isn't bad at all either IMO.

Zippy

Super Elite
gt had the best ending as compared to the ones before it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Z's ending isn't that bad if you look at this page that hearkens back to the first chapter of the original Dragon ball. It's still a little gay, but whatever. GT's ending would've been good without the ridiculous Goku wank. That and he's still leaving everybody, lol

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I wonder if Goku is going to fly off again at the end of Super. Maybe to go and train with Goku Black. :troll2

I think there's a little more closure with Pan and the grandkids, versus Goku flying off with Oob. We got a better peak at everyone's legacy at the end of GT, as short and slightly silly as it was.