Goku's Power (GT)

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
How do you think his power works in GT? I've seen KP bring up a theory that after he turns SSJ4, that power gets transferred to Base and then his potential more or less resets. Is this a possibility?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Would make about as much sense as anything in GT for sure. He apparently stopped trying to turn SSJ after the first shadow dragon and goes straight to SSJ4 every time he needs any sort of power boost. And knowing GT's gokufapping tendencies, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept increasing his power between those fights for no logical reason at all.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It's also odd to me that his Super Saiyan form is magically >> Super Baby Vegeta 2 against Super 17.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Well, logic tends to be broken in Toei filler what with Yamcha > Olibu and the ilk, but it does seem that even with his regular Super Saiyan form Goku's seen in a class above all others in that arc.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Agreed. However that logic that I just used does stop Goku's base from being equal to SSJ4 after transforming, at least in that case. His base was certainly weaker in S17 than his SSJ4 was in Baby.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I tend to think Super Saiyan 4 just eclipsing his other advanced SSJ forms, as well as powering up his base sounds like a decent enough in-universe explanation (since that's basically what happens in the BOG/FNF/Super continuity right now), but knowing how totaaaally consistent Toei and current Toriyama are, I can't help but think that's just looking too much into it

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
His Base form randomly gains extreme defensive abilities in the SD arc, but I don't recall it outperforming SSJ4 offensively.

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o