How would Buu Saga non fused Base Saiyans fare in the Cell Arc (My Opinion)

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
SSj Vegeta (Pre Rosat) - 237.5

Imperfect Cell (Pre) - 237.5

Goten - 240

Future Android 18 - 240

Trunks - 250

Future Android 17 - 250

Weighted Piccolo - 316.75

Android 18 - 355.68

Goten & Trunks (after training) - 355.68

Piccolo /Android 17- 370.5

Gohan - 400

Expected Goku (Vegeta's mind) - 463.05

Expected Gohan (Vegeta's mind) - 480

Vegeta - 500

Light Grenade - 525

Android 16 - 578.8125

Imperfect Cell (Post) - 596.625

Goku - 600

Gohan (Post Zeta Sword) - 750

Initial Semi Perfect Cell - 1,286.25

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
The boys are as strong as Base Future Trunks from the CG.

You have them entirely too strong. Buu Saga Gohan is still a beast by CG standards.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
@Power Level Guy

I don't follow that neither think what Vegeta was saying is in reference to power.

I have to somehow make it work with implications: Goten and Trunks are at least SSJ pre rosat level on base based on their fight with Android 18 and Future Trunks still needs SSJ to kill the weaker versions of the Future Androids.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
He literally states it’s specifically about power lol
He is just as good when it comes to fulfill the expectatives, not necesarily as comparing his kid with the Future Trunks we all know about.

I don't take into account the manga from DBS.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
@Power Level Guy

I don't follow that neither think what Vegeta was saying is in reference to power.

I have to somehow make it work with implications: Goten and Trunks are at least SSJ pre rosat level on base based on their fight with Android 18 and Future Trunks still needs SSJ to kill the weaker versions of the Future Androids.
It really was.

IMG_6673.jpeg
IMG_6675.jpeg

The original Japanese text: トランクスの強さは知っているだろう?ガキでも強さは同じだ安心しろ

Romanization: "Torankusu no tsuyosa wa shitte iru darou? Gaki demo tsuyosa wa onaji da, anshin shiro."

Translation to English: "You know how strong Trunks is, right? Even as a kid, his strength is the same, so don't worry."

SIAD

Elite
It really was.

View attachment 3139
View attachment 3140

The original Japanese text: トランクスの強さは知っているだろう?ガキでも強さは同じだ安心しろ

Romanization: "Torankusu no tsuyosa wa shitte iru darou? Gaki demo tsuyosa wa onaji da, anshin shiro."

Translation to English: "You know how strong Trunks is, right? Even as a kid, his strength is the same, so don't worry."
@Dagon Is there a possibility that Goten and Trunks have been weakened between the Boo Arc and before the ToP in the Manga?

Or is Vegeta, when saying "Just as strong when he was a child," referring to an even younger Trunks, speaking in the past tense?

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
@Dagon Is there a possibility that Goten and Trunks have been weakened between the Boo Arc and before the ToP in the Manga?

Or is Vegeta, when saying "Just as strong when he was a child," referring to an even younger Trunks, speaking in the past tense?
He's talking about the Future Trunks that 17 is aware of. As a kid(present kid Trunks) he's equally as strong.

SIAD

Elite
He's talking about the Future Trunks that 17 is aware of. As a kid(present kid Trunks) he's equally as strong.
I'm thinking about weakening Goten and Trunks in the Manga at that time to make sense of the statement. Perhaps after taking care of the Island, they regained their former power before rusting.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I'm thinking about weakening Goten and Trunks in the Manga at that time to make sense of the statement. Perhaps after taking care of the Island, they regained their former power before rusting.
Why make them weaker? Do you think they surpassed Cell Games SSJ level prior? Or do you mean to weaken them to androids saga SSJ level?

SIAD

Elite
Why make them weaker? Do you think they surpassed Cell Games SSJ level prior? Or do you mean to weaken them to androids saga SSJ level?
I have Goten and Trunks even Pre Rosat, close to Teen Gohan, that is, much stronger than the Cell Jrs.

If Vegeta's statement about Future Trunks SSJ (CG) = Trunks SSJ (Pre ToP). It would mean that I have to weaken Trunks and Goten in the Pre ToP Manga. It doesn't sound so strange, considering that Trunks and Goten could have lost interest in training and it wouldn't be strange that after taking care of the Island, they would regain their interest in combat and regain their lost power.

I do this, just to not weaken them in Arc Boo and at the same time make sense of Vegeta's statement.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I have Goten and Trunks even Pre Rosat, close to Teen Gohan, that is, much stronger than the Cell Jrs.

If Vegeta's statement about Future Trunks SSJ (CG) = Trunks SSJ (Pre ToP). It would mean that I have to weaken Trunks and Goten in the Pre ToP Manga. It doesn't sound so strange, considering that Trunks and Goten could have lost interest in training and it wouldn't be strange that after taking care of the Island, they would regain their interest in combat and regain their lost power.

I do this, just to not weaken them in Arc Boo and at the same time make sense of Vegeta's statement.
I think they would at least stagnate as they aren't very focused on training but they still spar with each other at times. Their power levels are not super explicitly stated without Vegeta's statement here, so them being Cell Games Trunks level all along can still work.

SIAD

Elite
I think they would at least stagnate as they aren't very focused on training but they still spar with each other at times. Their power levels are not super explicitly stated without Vegeta's statement here, so them being Cell Games Trunks level all along can still work.
I think in DBS Anime, they are seen fighting sometimes, but in the Manga, I think not.

I'm thinking about:

Future Trunks SSJ (CG) = Trunks SSJ (Great Saiyaman Arc) = Trunks SSJ (Pre ToP / Manga).

I think between the Great Saiyaman Arc and TB25 Goten and Trunks got a lot stronger and in the Pre ToP Manga, they only went back to what they were in the Great Saiyaman Arc.

Last edited:

SIAD

Elite
@Dagon
And what about just nerfing Goten and Trunks' powers at the beginning of DBS?

Goten and Trunks were considered very strong and future great hopes in Arc Boo, however in DBS they are seen as very irrelevant characters.

Maybe AT just changed his mind about kids, after 17 years.

I don't see much of a problem having Trunks and Goten (Arc Boo) > Goten and Trunks (DBS / Pre Adults).

What do you think?

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
@Dagon
And what about just nerfing Goten and Trunks' powers at the beginning of DBS?

Goten and Trunks were considered very strong and future great hopes in Arc Boo, however in DBS they are seen as very irrelevant characters.

Maybe AT just changed his mind about kids, after 17 years.

I don't see much of a problem having Trunks and Goten (Arc Boo) > Goten and Trunks (DBS / Pre Adults).

What do you think?
Their entire focus in the Buu saga was fusion. Once Battle of Gods happened they were just left behind by they much. I just don't think they should be weakened to the degree that RoF Gohan had been since them weakening was never made into a significant plot point.