Hunter x Hunter Strength Chart

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Ahill, can you do me a favour and post that chart here? I'd like to discuss it.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
badfbba9d56deee794f6d75da90b6b26e5635237_hq.jpg

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Biscuit equalling the Royal Guards in strength is an absolute travesty.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
There's another one which shows the characters attributes during different arcs. I am honestly not sure which one was made by Togashi though. Kenshi or CC maybe can confirm it:

gsHVqrD.jpg

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
That second one looks better imo.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
After giving it a read, they are pretty much the same, although the 1st just shows the characters at their peak whereas the 2nd one shows them during different moments.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The second one implies the likes of Genthru and Biscuit would be much lower.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I am not seeing Genthru and Biscuit in the 2nd one.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
They aren't. It implies they're lower because of how low they have Gon on Greed Island.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pretty sure the 2nd chart's unofficial. The only charts Togashi listed were for the end of the Hunter Exam, Yorknew and Greed Island, the start of the Chimera Ant Arc and the CA Arc at the time of the Palace infiltration.

As Supreme said, there's a lot of flaws to Togashi's chart, such as Biscuit being implied to be top tier or Killua's talent being mediocre when he was constantly praised as possibly the most talented Zoldyck in history. My guess is that Togashi didn't put much thought into the chart, since very few mangaka do for these sort of power rankings. After all, you have similar guidebooks such as the HnK strength chart that makes little sense, as well as some Stand stats in JoJo feeling inconsistent. Togashi was probably too focused on creating the manga....or playing Dragon Quest. :manabu

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Can you guys imagine Biscuit holding off both Hisoka and Kuroro, similar to Kuroro vs Zeno and Silva? :punk

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I think Kuroro should be 5 in the skill department.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
For sure. He looked like an absolute genius vs Hisoka.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
He has uncountable techniques in that book, not to mention being totally smart when using them, outsmarting even Hisoka himself, which I didn't think I'd live to see. Kuroro has an extreme wit and smartness, maybe only matched by Meruem.

I liked how Kuroro prepared everuthing so he'd be sure he'd defeat Hisoka. He stated the chances of his victory are of 100%. You should reread the fight SSJ2. That fight was pretty cool, despite the walls of text and Kuroro's ass designer.

Kuroro is the type of badass character I really like, not the one like Zoro [and maybe Guts] whom are made to be badass... he is badass in his own and discret way, and the character doesn't force his badassery through our throats with supposed badass lines like "You can't even kill my boredom", "Because I am stronger than you". He doesn't force is, he just is.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I remember the fight fairly well, it was good. The text was a bit much but it was good overall.

I liked Kuroro's design there.

Agreed. He kind of moves in the shadows too. He's a really unpredictable character which may give him an edge over the likes of Zoro.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Yeah, I generally dislike characters who try too hard to be badass (maybe not the character itself does, but the author).

I dunno, Kuroro's designer seemed way cooler before to me, the new one seems kind of ass, although it does seem better after the fight when Kuroro was chating with Shalnark via the mobile:

Kuroro before:

latest

hqdefault.jpg

Kuroro after:

c7333cdfe1e35b7015fd70a5ffb7e4adf219507a_hq.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

His nose just seems too trick/bulky, whereas the thinier one as well the better lined eyes fit him better.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I just prefer his look with shorter hair. Fuck that slicked back greaser nonsense lmao

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o