Interesting theory about Ultimate Gohan's fight against Gotenks-Boo in the anime

Tapion

High Class Warrior
This very interesting theory was made by CatouttaHell, and it is built up over the Yuuki, Shouki and Genki concepts stated by Toriyama:

By: CatouttaHell
Important: An explanation of Shouki and Yuuki
You'll probably notice a few instances of this in the list and may not know what I'm referring to. Basically, Akira Toriyama stated Ki is made up of spiritual power like Genki, Yuuki, and Shouki. The two important ones here are Shouki, which is being in one's right mind and Yuuki, which is bravery. When these drops as does one's overall Ki. A more detailed explanation from Herms as well as the Akira Toriyama quote in question can be found here.

You can see this concept in action most blatantly in Dragon Ball Movie 3 and in the Freeza Arc. In the former, Son Gokū gets thrashed by Tao Pai Pai and is advised by Karin-sama that he lost because he was blinded by his rage at Tao Pai Pai murdering Bora. Right before he begins a rematch, Arale and co jump in and being making a total mockery of Tao Pai Pai. Gokū and Tao Pai Pai fight and now Tao Pai Pai is helpless instead of Gokū due to Gokū's Shouki returning to its full extent and Tao Pai Pai's dropping.

Another great, canon example is Ginyu taking over the body of Gokū who has a Battle Power of 90,000. Ginyu's Ki plummets to 23,000 and likely even lower because with Ginyu lacks Gokū's character and thus his Shouki completely drops, making him an opponent Kuririn and Gohan can easily beat up. Yuuki/bravery has the same effects on Ki as well. In the Anime filler of Gohan's fight with Gotenks-Boo, they are almost even until Gotenks-Boo begins playing mind games and causing an increasing drop in Gohan's Yuuki. So if you see either of these two terms in the list, this is what I am talking about.

Look at the bolded line lol. If this is true, then it would put Ultimate Gohan worlds above Anime SSj3 Goku since Gotenks-Boo tanked him and kicked his ass around like nothing in the fillers.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
But Gohan also got cockied and replied that he's tougher than Gotenks and smarter than Piccolo in dub.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I don't remember that much the fight in the anime, but it was pretty one-sided in the manga.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
After the first round, where they fought evenly, Buu said, in my country's dub at least, something like ''now, let's get serious''.
So, i think Buutenks was toying in the beginning. If the anime writers wanted mind games to affect Gohan's performance,
they'd have put a statement about that, coming either from the narrator or one of the spectators.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
withheldforprivacy said:
After the first round, where they fought evenly, Buu said, in my country's dub at least, something like ''now, let's get serious''.
So, i think Buutenks was toying in the beginning. If the anime writers wanted mind games to affect Gohan's performance,
they'd have put a statement about that, coming either from the narrator or one of the spectators.
Where are you from?

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
ahill1 said:
withheldforprivacy said:
Where are you from?

Greece

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
Trump takes it in the ACE
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui