Is Dragon Ball Super actually any good?

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
So I admit I have not watched a single episode yet. I know the beginning is just Battle of The God with far shittier animation. I'm of the opinion BoG itself was kinda meh. Nothing terrible but nothing great either. Also I think bringing Freeza back is kinda lame and unoriginal. So is the show even worth watching? Or is it a TOEI crap fest and cash cow like GT?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The first 30 episodes are simply M14 and 15 with more bullshit, so essentially a waste of time. The next arc is at least where the fresh content starts, but I can't say any of it is good outside of several episodes here and there that are decent at best. If you have a lot of time on your hands, then go for it. If not, read the manga and forget about the anime.. not that the manga is much better.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Goku Black arc is the only one with an actual story in it, so it's worth one watch. Outside of that I agree just random episodes.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Victorious said:
So is the show even worth watching?
Not for anything other than discussion (of which will probably die down in a few weeks).

Or is it a TOEI crap fest and cash cow like GT?
Definitely, even moreso than GT actually, seeing as how GT didn't overstay it's welcome for anywhere near as long or milk a point in the timeline that made it's conclusion predetermined.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
To Me YES absolutely.
The God & Angel concept adds new possibilities & expands the realm of deities.
SUPER introduces female Saiyans participants in the TournamentOfPower.
Many characters are universal buster level.
Gohan is somewhat better than personality wise then he was in Z.

SUPER isn't without its flaws but To Me there aren't enough to stop me from enjoying it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It's slightly better animated than GT (and even then only due to most recent arc having top tier animators every 10 episodes or so) and far more entertaining (not saying much), but falls short even compared to GT other than that. I like the villain designs more in Super, because half of GT's villains looked like the Pokemon Barboach, but SSJ4 >>>> recolored base forms and SSJ Blue.

Regardless of which is better though, both are bottom tier anime deserving 1 or 2 out of 10 as a score. Though, when it comes to GT's entertainment value or Super's powerscaling a 0/10 is more like an actual score.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
It has its moments and does what it needs to but it does so much wrong it's hard to recommend it to anyone who isn't really into Dragon Ball.

Though if you wanna see Super, a read of the manga might interest you but whatever you do, skip the anime.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Like any other Toei anime individual arcs and episodes are worth watching.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
I just finished watching Super yesterday and I gotta say that it’s absolute garbage. Honestly the Goku Black stuff had lots of potential that was wasted severely.

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui