Is South Kaioshin really Kid Buu level?

Hector

High Class Warrior
I think Kid Buu was just toying with him. Grand Kaioshin fared well against Buff Buu, but nobody puts him at Buff Buu level.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
We never see Grand Kaioshin vs Buff Boo in the manga. He could've just tried to seal Boo or something like with Moro only to be absorbed because Boo figured another absorption would make him even stronger.

Hector

High Class Warrior
We never see Grand Kaioshin vs Buff Boo in the manga. He could've just tried to seal Boo or something like with Moro only to be absorbed because Boo figured another absorption would make him even stronger.
We never see South Kai in the manga either. But I'm talking about the anime. If we take the filler fights into consideration, does Grand Kaioshin look close to Burly Buu?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
We never see South Kai in the manga either. But I'm talking about the anime. If we take the filler fights into consideration, does Grand Kaioshin look close to Burly Buu?
I don't think he was close, just that Boo's gum constitution makes his durability shit. His only feat aside from catching Boo in that net of Ki was deflecting some blast meant for :shin, which isn't saying much.

SIAD

Elite
Look:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240620_164015.jpg
    Screenshot_20240620_164015.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 4

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Yeah he was likely slightly stronger to force Boo to absorb him imo

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Going by the anime filler, Dai seems to be using magic instead of raw power like South.

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
I think in the anime is clear that kid buu was stronger. In the manga, i think kid buu could've seen something interesting to absorb him such as his intelligence like how super buu did with piccolo, in the manga, all is stated is south kai is the strongest buu, but never that he was able to give kid buu a challenge and the "somehow absorbed" could simply mean that it was the first time shin witnessed that

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I heard a theory from Solid Snake on DBZF who basically said that Buff Boo as we saw him in the Boo Saga was actually Super Boo dominant instead of Kid Boo dominant and that’s why he was so strong.