Is there a contradiction to SSj4 Gohan>>Omega Shenron?

Disasters GoOn

Low Class Warrior
I was on a forum, and there was a post that brought up a good point. There might actually be a contradiction to the idea that SSj4 Gohan>>Omega Shenron.

The idea goes like this: Vegeta implies that Gohan, Goten, and Trunks, if they train hard enough or achieve SSj4, could hypothetically beat Omega Shenron. However, the fact that they came back to help Vegeta fight, along with Vegeta's comment about how they'd come (in the Funi dub, that is), makes the implication that, even if Gohan would be above Omega Shenron, it wouldn't be enough.

I can bring up a link to the post if necessary.

Anyways, here is my two cents on this idea: I agree with it.

Omega Shenron was built up to be a monster of his own league. Not only does he beat around Limits Surpassed SSj4 Goku, a guy who is essentially above all other villains right up until this point, like a little girl, but, more importantly, he survived a massive Big Bang Kamehameha from SSj4 Gogeta, a guy who kicked Shenron's ultimate attack like it was a football.

So, since Omega Shenron is unstoppable even by Gogeta standards, he would seem to be this guy who could only be stopped by God-tier characters from BoG or FnF, or GT SSj4 Pan.

So, even if Gohan DID surpass Omega Shenron in terms of power, Shenron's abilities make it impossible to win without fusion or without some Toei-hax insanity.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Gohan surpassed Fusion before in Z. I think he'd be capable of doing it again with another transformation.

Disasters GoOn

Low Class Warrior
Pyrus Rex said:
Gohan surpassed Fusion before in Z. I think he'd be capable of doing it again with another transformation.
With an extremely haxed potential unlock done by Elder Kai.

That brought out all of Gohan's potential and then added power on top of that.

SSj4 is just a potential unlock, so in other words, it's like the unlock ability, except without the extra power thrown in there.

Professor Gohan

Low Class Warrior
Gohan should have more reserves to bring out, thus through SSj4 in which Vegeta pointed.

Disasters GoOn

Low Class Warrior
Orochimaru-sin said:
Gohan should have more reserves to bring out, thus through SSj4 in which Vegeta pointed.
Perhaps. The series DID make the implication that GT Base Gohan was equal to his Ultimate form, and then he became stronger between arcs.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
If you believe SSJ4 is a potential unlock than I don't see why not, but if you don't than that isn't the case. I don't believe SSJ4 is a potential unlock so I can see Eis Shenron stomping SSJ4 Gohan.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Considering the potential unlock, I have no problem putting him over Omega Shenron. He was also stated to keep up with his training, which helps.

Disasters GoOn

Low Class Warrior
Yeah, but do you think that he could still win, though?

Gohan could be > or even >> Omega Shenron and still lose IMO.

This is the same guy who could survive a Big Bang Kamehameha from Gogeta.

At the bare minimum, Gohan would likely need help from Goten and Trunks to even stand a better chance.

Latest profile posts

Get what deserved unfort
Got suspended from GameFAQs again lol smh
Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!