Jiren's Hypocrisy

xenos5

Low Class Warrior
>Jiren insulted Hit's Pride as an Assassin and called Toppo pathetic.

>In a laughably petty move Jiren tries to attack bystanders in the tournament bleachers

Jiren has no room to talk about pride when he has no pride :ladd

Honestly I think Jiren may be the worst antagonist in all of DBS.

Keedounan

Elite
This isn't just about that. It's the fact that Jiren is willing to inflict the same kind of experience he went through on someone else just to spite Goku that makes him so despicable. It was already difficult to care about him with his laughably cliché backstory, but now that he's shown that he's not so different from the evildoer who killed his friends and family, Jiren is now utterly unsympathetic. And that's without taking into account his other dick moves throughout the tournament.

So yeah, he's one, if not THE worst antagonist in Super. Zamasu might be a hypocrite, but at least he was never supposed to be a sympathetic villain.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
How is Jiren not disqualified for that nonsense either....?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Saiyan Paladin said:
How is Jiren not disqualified for that nonsense either....?
Because Zen-Oh found it cool. :troll2

Also, what did Jiren think Beerus and Whis were going to do? Just stand there? Granted, they have no reason to protect Galu's friends, but with a blast like that being somewhat damaging to Beerus most likely, I don't see why he didn't get off his ass to just counter it himself.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Would've been better had he attacked Galu while he was preoccupied blocking that blast lmao. That was just him being retarded and risking erasure just to prove to Galu that friendship is worthless. Which in the same tournament where there's been a hundred resolve haxes to protect your friends/family is pure irony.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
I don't know about that.
Jiren going after bystanders was cheap, petty & hypocritical, but from his point of view i understand why.

To go through what he went through & to have family, friends, all just annihilated like that & then build a belief that power & strength is justice, that power & strength can defeat all after witnessing first hand what it can do.

And then to have someone like Goku go from inferior by comparison, to rival & equal, to superior, all while spouting how family & friends makes him stronger.
The things Jiren had & it did absolutely nothing for him, nothing to give him strength & power to prevent the tragedy he endured must have been like spitting in his face.

Jiren left with asking where was that power to be gained from my family & friends when i needed it the most.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
One would think that vaporizing a bunch of bystanders would be rather taboo for a "Pride Trooper."

That blast would've hit Universe 7 and 11. I like how no one from U11 commented on that pathetic move.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Saiyan Paladin said:
One would think that vaporizing a bunch of bystanders would be rather taboo for a "Pride Trooper."

That blast would've hit Universe 7 and 11. I like how no one from U11 commented on that pathetic move.
The Gods Of Destruction & or The Angels most likely would've stopped it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Though in fairness, wasn't Jiren in a frenzied state with him getting some crappy rage hax when he started donning that UI-like aura? He was at least mentally broken by then, although this doesn't make the act any less stupid considering who the volatile host of the tournament is.

xenos5

Low Class Warrior
And now that I think about it, Jiren is one of the only DB antagonists i've seen resign themselves to defeat.

Jiren still had energy left (which he used to blast Base Goku) but he was just gonna let MUI Goku knock him out of the ring due to how demasculated he had been.

Frieza, Kid Buu, Cell, Hit, Goku Black/Merged Zamasu. They all fought to the end to my recollection. And they didn't have their entire universe at stake like Jiren does with the ToP. So is Jiren's conviction just that much weaker than all of theirs?

That's just so weird.

Arkeon

At the spur of the moment Jiren just didn't care. Besides in his mind, him winning would get them all erased anyway. But i agree it was a douche move and i would have rather him kept his pride and not go the typical villain route.

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui