Movie 12 SSJ Gogeta runs the gaunlet

Pakl

High Class Warrior
How this is supposed to make a potential comparison is beyond me, also you should've waited for your Anime/Movie comparison when it comes to Movie 12.

Gogeta vs Janemba is big enough for a tanking gap to happen, nothing indicates Gohan vs Buu is. On top of that, one of them has already proved his limits whereas the other one never could be put in test to the full exent of his capabilities, as well as nobody has put him on a tough fight.

There is a reason why there are similarities in their fight. Considering the fact that the last thing shown in the manga prior to Movie 12 starting it's work was Ultimate Gohan vs Evil Boo plus the similarities in their fight should tell you the clear intention.

Feats are inconsistent when it comes to TOEI and Super Janemba doesn't need to be as strong as Evil Boo's Full power but on his average level.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
There is a reason why there are similarities in their fight. Considering the fact that the last thing shown in the manga prior to Movie 12 starting it's work was Ultimate Gohan vs Evil Boo plus the similarities in their fight should tell you the clear intention.
But you were cherrypicking instances to make it appear like it was the same. Or simply means casualities and on top of that, we talk about a company that can make new scenes or at least hardly does.
Feats are inconsistent when it comes to TOEI and Super Janemba doesn't need to be as strong as Evil Boo's Full power but on his average level.
Even though I can agree on you with this, nothing indicates that Gogeta wouldn't be able to actually tank Janemba, especially when the intent is to portray him being the strongest, as well as doesn't have antifeats against it. I don't think Super Buu ever powered up in his base form (excluding absorptions), and when it comes to the anime, I think is just implied that he was pulling his punches against SSJ3 Gotenks.

Warrior_of_Mite

The Janemba fight is after Buu has happened. Goku and Vegeta should be as strong or stronger than their Buu Saga selves. This Gogeta should be about the same power as the Vegito who smashed Buuhan. So this Gogeta should clear.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
I'm inclined to say that Goku's transformation into a SSJ3 against Fat Boo displays a more impressive feat than shaking the afterlife by SSJ3 Goku in Movie 12, because his ki was felt in dimensional spaces which reside in higher dimensions (the Kaioshin Realm, which is at least one dimensional tier above the living world, or 4D).

SSJ3 is felt from the Kaioshin Realm.png

So, if anything, I'd say that the mainline Goku MIGHT be stronger, but, I'm not super well versed with the topic of dimensional tiers. Especially considering this is comparing sensing Goku's ki across two infinitely sized dimensions, with Goku actually physically shaking one infinitely sized dimension, so probably not a one-to-one translation.

Well, if you just consider it as Boo Saga Goku = Movie 12 Goku, it gets pretty easy from there, but lets start with,

Case #1: SSJ Gogeta vs SSJ3 Gotenks

First, we'll start with Gotenks:

SSJ3 Gotenks ~ 400
Evil Boo ~ 400
Gohan ~ 400+
Bootenks ~ 800
Boohan ~ 800+

There are statements in the original manga that compare a hypothetical, most likely SSJ3 Gogeta against Boohan:

Gogeta would lose 2.gifGogeta would lose.png
The reason I say it's most likely SSJ3 Gogeta that Boohan is thinking of, is because he's fought SSJ3 Goku, & knows that Fusions can go SSJ3.

So lets say that SSJ3 Gogeta = Boohan for simplicity:

SSJ3 Gotenks ~ 400
Evil Boo ~ 400
Gohan ~ 400+
Bootenks ~ 800
Boohan ~ 800+
SSJ3 Gogeta ~ 800+
SSJ Gogeta ~ 100+

SSJ3 Gotenks is nearly 4x stronger than SSJ Gogeta, but Gotenks will only last 5 minutes in SSJ3, so we'll give Gogeta the benefit of the doubt for this one & say he stalls Gotenks long enough for him to defuse.

Case #2: SSJ Gogeta vs Ultimate Gohan

Okay, now Gogeta is fighting against someone who is 4x stronger than him, who has no time limit, & Gogeta can only fight for a maximum of 30 minutes.

Gogeta stops at round 2.

Omhig

I'm inclined to say that Goku's transformation into a SSJ3 against Fat Boo displays a more impressive feat than shaking the afterlife by SSJ3 Goku in Movie 12, because his ki was felt in dimensional spaces which reside in higher dimensions (the Kaioshin Realm, which is at least one dimensional tier above the living world, or 4D).

View attachment 1856

So, if anything, I'd say that the mainline Goku MIGHT be stronger, but, I'm not super well versed with the topic of dimensional tiers. Especially considering this is comparing sensing Goku's ki across two infinitely sized dimensions, with Goku actually physically shaking one infinitely sized dimension, so probably not a one-to-one translation.

Well, if you just consider it as Boo Saga Goku = Movie 12 Goku, it gets pretty easy from there, but lets start with,

SSJ3 Gotenks ~ 400
Evil Boo ~ 400
Gohan ~ 400+
Bootenks ~ 800
Boohan ~ 800+

There are statements in the original manga that compare a hypothetical, most likely SSJ3 Gogeta against Boohan:

View attachment 1857View attachment 1858
The reason I say it's most likely SSJ3 Gogeta that Boohan is thinking of, is because he's fought SSJ3 Goku, & knows that Fusions can go SSJ3.

SSJ3 Gotenks ~ 400
Evil Boo ~ 400
Gohan ~ 400+
Bootenks ~ 800
Boohan ~ 800+
SSJ3 Gogeta ~ 800+
SSJ Gogeta ~ 100+

SSJ3 Gotenks is nearly 4x stronger than SSJ Gogeta, but Gotenks will only last 5 minutes in SSJ3, so we'll give Gogeta the benefit of the doubt for this one & say he stalls Gotenks long enough for him to defuse.

Okay, now Gogeta is fighting against someone who is 4x stronger than him, who has no time limit, & Gogeta can only fight for a maximum of 30 minutes.

Gogeta stops at round 2.

View attachment 1856

SSJ3 Gotenks ~ 400
Evil Boo ~ 400
Gohan ~ 400+
Bootenks ~ 800
Boohan ~ 800+

SSJ3 Gotenks ~ 400
Evil Boo ~ 400
Gohan ~ 400+
Bootenks ~ 800
Boohan ~ 800+
SSJ3 Gogeta ~ 800+
SSJ Gogeta ~ 100+

Gogeta stops at round 2.
Fat Janemba's mere existence was breaking the barriers of Hell and laws between it the living world and SSJ3 Goku > him. So no Buu Saga Goku is not stronger than M12 Goku. Not even close.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
Fat Janemba's mere existence was breaking the barriers of Hell and laws between it the living world and SSJ3 Goku > him. So no Buu Saga Goku is not stronger than M12 Goku. Not even close.
As I said, Goku's ki being sensed across infinitely sized dimensions into a higher dimension MIGHT be considered a greater feat than shaking one infinitely sized dimension.

Janemba was breaking the barriers between Hell & the Living Realm through hax:
Janemba.png
hax =/= strength feat

Omhig

As I said, Goku's ki being sensed across infinitely sized dimensions into a higher dimension MIGHT be considered a greater feat than shaking one infinitely sized dimension.

Janemba was breaking the barriers between Hell & the Living Realm through hax:
View attachment 1859
hax =/= strength feat
How is it a greater feat?

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior

View attachment 1856

Going by non-linear feats, SSJ3 Goku was sensed by many people on the Kaioshin Realm whereas nobody other than Super Buu could sense Ultimate Gohan on Earth during his 1st power burst on Kaioshin realm, yet, SSJ3 Goku is not stronger than Ultimate Gohan.

Buu Saga Goku ain't stronger than Movie 12 Goku, Goku was stated to be training, on top of that, one Goku can make use of SSJ3's full potential while the other don't.

SSJ3 Gotenks ~ 400
Evil Boo ~ 400
Gohan ~ 400+
Bootenks ~ 800
Boohan ~ 800+

How reliable does Buu's word can be? He believed that Goku & Gohan fusing might be worthless against him, whereas Goku and Old Kaioshin believed that Metamoran Gokhan could defeat said Buu.

How much of an accurate comprehension does Buu has on metamoran fusion? How much of an accurate grasp does Buu has on someone? The only one in which he actually ascerted was on Gohan and needed to fight him beforehand, and he couldn't actually grasp SSJ3 Gotenks or Vegetto. On top of that, Gohan Buu is thinking Goku is going to fuse with a human, so him expecting of that fusion transforming is doubtful. Also, why would he go with a blast to Goku & Vegeta trying to kill them if they're non-threat to him?

Last edited:

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
How is it a greater feat?
Because Goku's ki (his battle power) was sensed across infinitely sized dimensions, & into one that is at least 4D.

Anyway, I made it clear that it's only POSSIBLY a greater feat.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
Going by non-linear feats, SSJ3 Goku was sensed by many people on the Kaioshin Realm whereas nobody other than Super Buu could sense Ultimate Gohan on Earth during his 1st power burst on Kaioshin realm, yet, SSJ3 Goku is not stronger than Ultimate Gohan.
Gohan's first aura flare was momentary, & everyone on Earth was trying to get a read on Evil Boo when that happened. It's entirely possible that Gohan's brief aura flare < SSJ3 Goku's sustained aura flare in terms of how easy it is to sense or power output.

Buu Saga Goku ain't stronger than Movie 12 Goku, Goku was stated to be training, on top of that,
Trained & got stronger by how much? After the Cell games he trained for 7 years & he was only remarked (by Vegeta) to surpass Kid SSJ2 Gohan when he himself transformed into a SSJ2:
SSJ2 Goku is stronger than SSJ2 Kid Gohan.gif
In Movie 12 he wasn't even that far out of SSJ2 Vegeta's league (as seen when Vegeta was getting some good direct shots on Janemba), who couldn't even train as a spirit in Hell.

one Goku can make use of SSJ3's full potential while the other don't.
Erm, wouldn't that just prove my point that the Goku in the mainline couldn't even draw out his full potential & displayed that feat. Unless I'm misunderstanding your point, if so, sorry.

How reliable does Buu's word can be? He believed that Goku & Gohan fusing might be worthless against him,
Prove beyond reasonable doubt that Boo's word is unreliable, Boo witnessed Goten & Trunks fusing on multiple occasions, he absorbed Piccolo, who taught Goten & Trunks Fusion, who practiced it & used it constantly to become Gotenks for weeks in the RoSaT. If he believed that Goku & Gohan fusing (with the Metamoran Fusion Dance, obviously) would be worthless, then it is.

whereas Goku and Old Kaioshin believed that Metamoran Gokhan could defeat said Buu.
Prove beyond reasonable doubt that Goku/Gosen Zosama actually thought that Gokuhan or Gogeta would actually defeat Boo, rather than it simply being their best bet.

How much of an accurate comprehension does Buu has on metamoran fusion? How much of an accurate grasp does Buu has on someone?
REPEAT: Boo witnessed Goten & Trunks fusing on multiple occasions, he absorbed Piccolo, who taught Goten & Trunks Fusion, who practiced it & used it constantly to become Gotenks for weeks in the RoSaT.

The only one in which he actually ascerted was on Gohan and needed to fight him beforehand, and he couldn't actually grasp SSJ3 Gotenks or Vegetto.
Irrelevant.

On top of that, Gohan Buu is thinking Goku is going to fuse with a human, so him expecting of that fusion transforming is doubtful.
He thinks Goku, a pure Saiyan, is going to fuse with Gohan, a 1/2 Saiyan, which he knows because he absorbed a couple of them, & Piccolo knows what a Saiyan is. He also thinks he's going to fuse with Vegeta, not some random Human. And why wouldn't he think the Fusion would be capable of transforming? He saw Gotenks transform into SSJ & SSJ3.

Also, why would he go with a blast to Goku & Vegeta trying to kill them if they're non-threat to him?
Why would he kill the main characters? Because he's the villain, & is the evil part of Boo.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Gohan's first aura flare was momentary, & everyone on Earth was trying to get a read on Evil Boo when that happened. It's entirely possible that Gohan's brief aura flare < SSJ3 Goku's sustained aura flare in terms of how easy it is to sense or power output.
His ki was still sensible, though. Super Buu commented that Gohan is the one who is stronger than him after that brief period, whether it is momentary or not is irrelevant. Are you also willing to believe that Goku > Super Buu?
Trained & got stronger by how much? After the Cell games he trained for 7 years & he was only remarked (by Vegeta) to surpass Kid SSJ2 Gohan when he himself transformed into a SSJ2:
In Movie 12 he wasn't even that far out of SSJ2 Vegeta's league (as seen when Vegeta was getting some good direct shots on Janemba), who couldn't even train as a spirit in Hell.
Point is, that Buu Saga Goku can't be stronger than Movie 12 Goku, not that he grew stronger. Also, Vegeta was crying due to the fact that even in the Afterlife, Goku was stronger than him and it's also said that they need to lower their powers, so the Fusion can work, this doesn't work with the premise of Vegeta being equal or stronger than Goku on equal forms, let alone being far stronger.

Okay, this doesn't even make sense, what tell us that Janemba wasn't simply heavily suppressed with Vegeta or that his level of durability goes according to his power level? Why Vegeta was defeated in an instant whereas Janemba needed to cheat with Goku using his sword to defeat him?
Erm, wouldn't that just prove my point that the Goku in the mainline couldn't even draw out his full potential & displayed that feat. Unless I'm misunderstanding your point, if so, sorry.
Why was Goku (vs Fat Buu) sweating bullets against said Buu, while both are remarked to be entertaining themselves, while the other Goku (Janemba) effortlessly stomped someone who has the greatest ki he ever sensed (at a point in which he sensed Fat Buu)?
Prove beyond reasonable doubt that Boo's word is unreliable, Boo witnessed Goten & Trunks fusing on multiple occasions, he absorbed Piccolo, who taught Goten & Trunks Fusion, who practiced it & used it constantly to become Gotenks for weeks in the RoSaT. If he believed that Goku & Gohan fusing (with the Metamoran Fusion Dance, obviously) would be worthless, then it is.
Yet, he is unable to tell how much progress Gotenks has since the last time he fought him, or how much SSJ3 Gotenks changed in relation to SSJ Gotenks other than his appearance. Buu doesn't seem to have knowledge from the ones he absobed as he can't tell who Dende is, hell, he doesn't even know that Goku is actually the father of Gohan as he remarked the Kamehameha as a technique of a friend.
Prove beyond reasonable doubt that Goku/Gosen Zosama actually thought that Gokuhan or Gogeta would actually defeat Boo, rather than it simply being their best bet.
I mean, Goku has already witnessed how strong Gotenks is in relation to Goten & Trunks, as well as Old Kaioshin just told him that Buu wouldn't let him do the dance, so Potara, which is an instant fusion would solve that problem, that doesn't even have the limitant of time. This is like if I ask you to prove me how much of a confidence does Buu have if he want to stop Goku & Gohan fusion on his capabilities of defeating him.
REPEAT: Boo witnessed Goten & Trunks fusing on multiple occasions, he absorbed Piccolo, who taught Goten & Trunks Fusion, who practiced it & used it constantly to become Gotenks for weeks in the RoSaT.
This is responded.
Irrelevant.
Why? If he can't realize how strong a character is just by sensing ki or fight someone for a while most of the times, what tell us that he can actually grasp in depth how strong a hypothetical character that hasn't existed can be? Or Buu just has to be right just because you want him to be correct?
He thinks Goku, a pure Saiyan, is going to fuse with Gohan, a 1/2 Saiyan, which he knows because he absorbed a couple of them, & Piccolo knows what a Saiyan is. He also thinks he's going to fuse with Vegeta, not some random Human. And why wouldn't he think the Fusion would be capable of transforming? He saw Gotenks transform into SSJ & SSJ3.
No, I am talking about Goku going to fuse with Vegeta, Buu considered that one human with great energy has appeared, whether he is thinking that he could transform or if it's of a different race and could transform is up to you to decide; remaining in blank speculation. Buu doesn't even seem to know how strong a SSJ3 can be as he believed that he was the strongest until Gohan appeared and that he believed that as Fat Buu he could've beaten SSJ3 Goku.
Why would he kill the main characters? Because he's the villain, & is the evil part of Boo.
Oh yes, he is going to eliminate the main characters, so they can't fuse and he can't avoid a potential threat appearing or a challenging situation. Seems fair.

Last edited:

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
His ki was still sensible, though. Super Buu commented that Gohan is the one who is stronger than him after that brief period, whether it is momentary or not is irrelevant. Are you also willing to believe that Goku > Super Buu?
On the contrary, whether it was momentary or not could very well make a difference, & like I said everyone at that time was focused on Evil Boo.
Point is, that Buu Saga Goku can't be stronger than Movie 12 Goku, not that he grew stronger.
My point about the feats thing is that it's not clear cut that Movie 12 Goku is vastly stronger than mainline Goku as many might make it out to be, but is more likely relative.
Also, Vegeta was crying due to the fact that even in the Afterlife, Goku was stronger than him and it's also said that they need to lower their powers, so the Fusion can work, this doesn't work with the premise of Vegeta being equal or stronger than Goku on equal forms, let alone being far stronger.
My point was that Vegeta was getting solid hits on Janemba, albeit there was an element of him outsmarting Janemba, and Vegeta in Movie 12 cannot be stronger than the Vegeta that fought Fat Boo. I was not saying that SSJ2 Vegeta > SSJ3 Goku, I was just saying that SSJ2 Vegeta appears somewhat relative to Janemba, who was somewhat relative to SSJ3 Goku (with his blade), judging by that, Goku couldn't have gotten vastly stronger from the Boo Saga.

Thanks for reminding me that Goku has to lower his energy to fuse into Gogeta, that kind of makes our discussion about Movie 12 Goku vs mainline Goku irrelevant, because Gogeta is B^2, & Movie 12 Vegeta = Boo Saga Vegeta. Therefore Boo Saga Gogeta = Movie 12 Gogeta.
Okay, this doesn't even make sense, what tell us that Janemba wasn't simply heavily suppressed with Vegeta or that his level of durability goes according to his power level? Why Vegeta was defeated in an instant whereas Janemba needed to cheat with Goku using his sword to defeat him?
The burden of proof is on you to prove that he's suppressed.

Vegeta was defeated because he was ultimately too much weaker than Janemba & charged at him face first, but he was able to contend a little bit, which was my point.
Why was Goku (vs Fat Buu) sweating bullets against said Buu, while both are remarked to be entertaining themselves, while the other Goku (Janemba) effortlessly stomped someone who has the greatest ki he ever sensed (at a point in which he sensed Fat Buu)?
And yet Vegeta was still getting some good hits in on Janemba, so how much stronger than Boo is he really?
Yet, he is unable to tell how much progress Gotenks has since the last time he fought him, or how much SSJ3 Gotenks changed in relation to SSJ Gotenks other than his appearance. Buu doesn't seem to have knowledge from the ones he absobed as he can't tell who Dende is, hell, he doesn't even know that Goku is actually the father of Gohan as he remarked the Kamehameha as a technique of a friend.
He fought SSJ3 Gotenks, so after that fight he certainly would have a grasp on how strong Fusion is. He simply could've not been able to make out Dende, & pretty much everyone Gohan knows uses the Kamehameha (Kamesennin, Krillin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Goten & by extension Gotenks, Goku, Himself), not just Goku.
I mean, Goku has already witnessed how strong Gotenks is in relation to Goten & Trunks,
So? The kids are at least half as strong as Goku & Vegeta, so Gogeta would be at most 2x Gotenks.
as well as Old Kaioshin just told him that Buu wouldn't let him do the dance, so Potara, which is an instant fusion would solve that problem, that doesn't even have the limitant of time. This is like if I ask you to prove me how much of a confidence does Buu have if he want to stop Goku & Gohan fusion on his capabilities of defeating him.
Okay, does not prove that a Metamoran Gokuhan or Gogeta would've been enough.
Why? If he can't realize how strong a character is just by sensing ki or fight someone for a while most of the times, what tell us that he can actually grasp in depth how strong a hypothetical character that hasn't existed can be? Or Buu just has to be right just because you want him to be correct?
He fought SSJ2 Vegeta & SSJ3 Goku, he knows how strong Goku/Vegeta are. He fought SSJ3 Gotenks, he would know how strong Gotenks is in relation to Goten/Trunks & therefore how strong Fusion is. He would know how strong a Fusion between Goku & Vegeta would be.
No, I am talking about Goku going to fuse with Vegeta, Buu considered that one human with great energy has appeared, whether he is thinking that he could transform or if it's of a different race and could transform is up to you to decide; remaining in blank speculation.
I don't think that really makes a difference, because even if he thought that the human that showed up couldn't transform, he knows Goku can transform, so why not the Fusion?
Buu doesn't even seem to know how strong a SSJ3 can be as he believed that he was the strongest until Gohan appeared and that he believed that as Fat Buu he could've beaten SSJ3 Goku.
Why couldn't he have been the strongest until Gohan showed up? Why couldn't he have beaten Goku? It was a pretty even fight between Goku & Boo, & Boo could regenerate & turn Goku into chocolate if he wanted.
Oh yes, he is going to eliminate the main characters, so they can't fuse and he can't avoid a potential threat appearing or a challenging situation. Seems fair.
Okay...

Out of curiosity, what round do you think Gogeta would stop? And if you think he clears, how does his base form fare?

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
On the contrary, whether it was momentary or not could very well make a difference, & like I said everyone at that time was focused on Evil Boo.
Nobody was focused on Goku when he transformed into SSJ3, yet his ki was strong enough to call their attention on Kaioshin Realm, so, everyone on Earth theorically could be able to sense Gohan's ki even if they don't want to, yet only Super Buu could sense him from that far.
My point about the feats thing is that it's not clear cut that Movie 12 Goku is vastly stronger than mainline Goku as many might make it out to be, but is more likely relative.
I agree, Movie 12 Goku can be stronger than Buu Saga Goku, but not that far ahead. Movie 12 SSJ2 Goku is still weaker than Fat Buu, but in SSJ3 he can overpower an enemy even stronger than Fat Buu while needing to go all-out if he wants to defeat the last one in his maintimeline self.
My point was that Vegeta was getting solid hits on Janemba, albeit there was an element of him outsmarting Janemba, and Vegeta in Movie 12 cannot be stronger than the Vegeta that fought Fat Boo. I was not saying that SSJ2 Vegeta > SSJ3 Goku, I was just saying that SSJ2 Vegeta appears somewhat relative to Janemba, who was somewhat relative to SSJ3 Goku (with his blade), judging by that, Goku couldn't have gotten vastly stronger from the Boo Saga.
Vegeta was also landing solid hits on Fat Buu initially and his attacks were apparently damaging him a lot, but in Buu's case he can be damaged by attacks make by people way weaker than him. Also Janemba defeated Vegeta easier than Fat Buu.
Thanks for reminding me that Goku has to lower his energy to fuse into Gogeta, that kind of makes our discussion about Movie 12 Goku vs mainline Goku irrelevant, because Gogeta is B^2, & Movie 12 Vegeta = Boo Saga Vegeta. Therefore Boo Saga Gogeta = Movie 12 Gogeta.
The burden of proof is on you to prove that he's suppressed.
The fact that he can't tank SSJ2 Vegeta's attacks pretty much indicates he was suppressed, we have seen cases in which a gap less than 4x (which is the minimum gap between Vegeta and Janemba) are able to tank characters.
Vegeta was defeated because he was ultimately too much weaker than Janemba & charged at him face first, but he was able to contend a little bit, which was my point.

And yet Vegeta was still getting some good hits in on Janemba, so how much stronger than Boo is he really?
Vegeta was also getting good hits on Fat Buu initially, your point?
He fought SSJ3 Gotenks, so after that fight he certainly would have a grasp on how strong Fusion is. He simply could've not been able to make out Dende, & pretty much everyone Gohan knows uses the Kamehameha (Kamesennin, Krillin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Goten & by extension Gotenks, Goku, Himself), not just Goku.
Buu has only seen Goku using the Kamehameha, when he was Fat Buu, how would he be able to know that everyone else use it?

Gotenks dominated Super Buu and was about to blow him up to pieces, yet he doesn't consider him stronger than him, actually he considers himself the strongest before Gohan.
So? The kids are at least half as strong as Goku & Vegeta, so Gogeta would be at most 2x Gotenks.
Thing is that at this point, Goku could pretty much knows how a Metamoran Fusion between himself and Gohan could be, as well as whether they can defeat him that way or not. Also, do you think Base Gogeta is stronger than SSJ3 Goku? Because we've seen how Base Gotenks was stomped badly by Fat Buu, even though he has more confidence in himself that SSJ Goten & Trunks when it comes to defeat Buu.
Okay, does not prove that a Metamoran Gokuhan or Gogeta would've been enough.
Old Kaioshin knew that Gotenks & Super Buu were fighting inside the Rosat, as well as Goku afterwards claims that Gogeta can defeat Super Buu, is that also not proving anything to you? Also, you didn't responded my question.
He fought SSJ2 Vegeta & SSJ3 Goku, he knows how strong Goku/Vegeta are. He fought SSJ3 Gotenks, he would know how strong Gotenks is in relation to Goten/Trunks & therefore how strong Fusion is. He would know how strong a Fusion between Goku & Vegeta would be.
He fought a SSJ3 Goku that was holding back (but he didn't knew). He doesn't seem to have a good grasp at how strong Goku is, though, as he think he could defeat him as Fat Buu. Also, he doesn't seem to know that SSJ3 Gotenks was actually stronger than him.
I don't think that really makes a difference, because even if he thought that the human that showed up couldn't transform, he knows Goku can transform, so why not the Fusion?
Maybe because he doesn't know how Fusion could work on different races? Also Buu literally said that another human with great power has appeared.
Why couldn't he have been the strongest until Gohan showed up? Why couldn't he have beaten Goku? It was a pretty even fight between Goku & Boo, & Boo could regenerate & turn Goku into chocolate if he wanted.
Because Gotenks was stronger than him.

Buu already showed to take care of Dabura, Gohan or Vegeta, he couldn't scratch SSJ3 Goku.
Okay...

Out of curiosity, what round do you think Gogeta would stop? And if you think he clears, how does his base form fare?
I think that Gogeta is stronger than Ultimate Gohan, he can also be stronger than Gotenks Buu, but doesn't know exactly for sure by now. I don't think Gohan Buu could beat him, but I can't also imagine Vegetto being that much above Gogeta.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
Nobody was focused on Goku when he transformed into SSJ3,
Everyone on Earth who mattered was focused on him:
p_00013.png
p_00003.png
yet his ki was strong enough to call their attention on Kaioshin Realm, so, everyone on Earth theorically could be able to sense Gohan's ki even if they don't want to,
Yes, theoretically they could sense Gohan from Earth, but if they were focused on EVIL BOO, wouldn't that distract them, & possibly prevent them from sensing Gohan? Especially since that Ki that was distracting them was already somewhat relative to Gohan & right in their face, possibly about to kill them.

yet only Super Buu could sense him from that far.
Since Evil Boo, naturally, wouldn't be distracted by his own Ki.
I agree, Movie 12 Goku can be stronger than Buu Saga Goku, but not that far ahead. Movie 12 SSJ2 Goku is still weaker than Fat Buu, but in SSJ3 he can overpower an enemy even stronger than Fat Buu while needing to go all-out if he wants to defeat the last one in his maintimeline self.
Yeah, if we take them as the same flow of events, then Movie 12 Goku would be stronger by some amount, but I don't think he got strong enough for the difference to matter, personally.
Vegeta was also landing solid hits on Fat Buu initially and his attacks were apparently damaging him a lot, but in Buu's case he can be damaged by attacks make by people way weaker than him. Also Janemba defeated Vegeta easier than Fat Buu.
Vegeta was getting good hits on Fat Boo, then gets defeated in one attack. Vegeta was getting good hits on Janemba, then gets defeated in one attack. My point with that is the degree to which Janemba > Fat Boo probably isn't big enough to really make a difference.
The fact that he can't tank SSJ2 Vegeta's attacks pretty much indicates he was suppressed, we have seen cases in which a gap less than 4x (which is the minimum gap between Vegeta and Janemba) are able to tank characters.
And yet, there've been cases in which characters have been able to affect others despite massive differences, like when Piccolo kicked Freeza in the head so Goku could finish the Genkidama, which would be a gap of up to 60x.

And Janemba was stronger than SSJ3 Goku, but couldn't tank his attacks, so who's to say he could tank Vegeta's.
Vegeta was also getting good hits on Fat Buu initially, your point?
My point, is that it suggests that Janemba is not much farther out of Vegeta's league than Fat Boo was.

Honestly, is there a point to this particular aspect? Would you agree that M12 Vegeta = Boo Saga Vegeta? By that logic, M12 Gogeta = Boo Saga Gogeta, correct?
Buu has only seen Goku using the Kamehameha, when he was Fat Buu, how would he be able to know that everyone else use it?
Because he knows all of Gohan's friends from absorbing Goten, Trunks & Piccolo.
Gotenks dominated Super Buu and was about to blow him up to pieces, yet he doesn't consider him stronger than him, actually he considers himself the strongest before Gohan.
Boo was getting very frustrated in that fight, which would've made him sloppier & easier to beat. Still physically stronger, if even by a smidge, is possible.
Thing is that at this point, Goku could pretty much knows how a Metamoran Fusion between himself and Gohan could be, as well as whether they can defeat him that way or not.
I don't doubt that Goku would know how strong Metamoran Gokuhan would be, but he never states whether or not that Fusion would win, only that that was his plan before being given the Potara earrings. The only thing you can honestly gleam from that is SSJ3 Metamoran Gokuhan > Gohan.
Also, do you think Base Gogeta is stronger than SSJ3 Goku? Because we've seen how Base Gotenks was stomped badly by Fat Buu, even though he has more confidence in himself that SSJ Goten & Trunks when it comes to defeat Buu.
If you assume SSJ Gotenks = SSJ3 Goku, & that Goten/Trunks are 1/2 as strong as Goku, then Fusion would be an 8x boost, at least in Gotenks' case.
Goku = 1
Goten/Trunks = 0.5
SSJ3 Goku = 400
SSJ Gotenks = 400
Gotenks = 8 (0.5+0.5) (x8)

As for me, I just downscale from Boohan
Evil Boo ~ SSJ3 Gotenks
Evil Boo/SSJ3 Gotenks = 3,200
Bootenks = 6,400 - This is about where Boohan lies (6,400+), & where I think SSJ3 Gogeta lies. 6,400/400 = 16 (weaker than SSJ Goku)

But there's also the question of how much stronger did Gotenks get in the RoSaT, & judging by the fact that Piccolo think SSJ Gotenks has no chance against Evil Boo, he sends Goten/Trunks into the RoSaT, & when Base Gotenks squares off with Evil Boo, Piccolo thinks his Base form at least has a chance against someone who would pulverise SSJ Gotenks (Pre RoSaT). That would imply Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) > SSJ Gotenks (Pre RoSaT). So if you think that, multiply those figures by 50, which would make Base Gogeta 2x stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

SSJ Gotenks (Pre RoSaT) = 400
Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) = 400
SSJ3 Gotenks = 160,000
Evil Boo = 160,000
Bootenks/Boohan ~ 320,000
SSJ3 Gogeta ~ 320,000
Gogeta ~ 800

Yes, I do believe Base Gogeta > SSJ3 Goku
Old Kaioshin knew that Gotenks & Super Buu were fighting inside the Rosat,
I don't see your point.
as well as Goku afterwards claims that Gogeta can defeat Super Buu, is that also not proving anything to you? Also, you didn't responded my question.
Source the text in bold.

Sorry, I don't see a question? Unless you mean this?

This is like if I ask you to prove me how much of a confidence does Buu have if he want to stop Goku & Gohan fusion on his capabilities of defeating him.
Well, judging by the fact that not even a bead of sweat drops from his face when he thinks about Gokuhan, probably a lot of confidence.
He fought a SSJ3 Goku that was holding back (but he didn't knew). He doesn't seem to have a good grasp at how strong Goku is, though, as he think he could defeat him as Fat Buu.
I don't think Goku was holding back, throughout the fight with Boo, you can read Goku's inner thoughts & he's constantly surprised by Fat Boo, first by how he can't damage him, then by him copying Vegeta's Technique™. Especially considering he had minutes at most left on Earth.

SSJ2 Vegeta ~ SSJ2 Goku, so by that logic Boo would know how strong Goku is, regardless of whether or not he thought he could beat SSJ3 Goku, holding back or not.
Also, he doesn't seem to know that SSJ3 Gotenks was actually stronger than him.
See previous
Maybe because he doesn't know how Fusion could work on different races? Also Buu literally said that another human with great power has appeared.
That's clutching at straws, nobody knows how Fusion could work on different races, only on Metamorans, Saiyans, & Human Saiyan Hybrids.

In translating Japanese -> English, I think Human can also be just Earthling, not necessarily literally Human.
Because Gotenks was stronger than him.
See previous
Buu already showed to take care of Dabura, Gohan or Vegeta, he couldn't scratch SSJ3 Goku.
Where exactly do you place Fat Boo? He has to stomp SSJ2 Goku, so how far behind an SSJ3 Goku can he possibly be?
I think that Gogeta is stronger than Ultimate Gohan, he can also be stronger than Gotenks Buu, but doesn't know exactly for sure by now. I don't think Gohan Buu could beat him, but I can't also imagine Vegetto being that much above Gogeta.
Speaking of, where would you say Vegetto fits into it? You probably already know where I think Vegetto fits, Base Vegetto > Boohan > SSJ3 Gogeta.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Everyone on Earth who mattered was focused on him:
I am talking about Kaioshin realm.
Yes, theoretically they could sense Gohan from Earth, but if they were focused on EVIL BOO, wouldn't that distract them, & possibly prevent them from sensing Gohan? Especially since that Ki that was distracting them was already somewhat relative to Gohan & right in their face, possibly about to kill them.
Since Evil Boo, naturally, wouldn't be distracted by his own Ki.
Gotenks was just about of being to base form and Buu was static as a stone. Nobody was doing anything on Kaioshin Realm other than Gohan training, but then Goku's ki shocked everyone on Kaioshin Realm even though, they weren't focused or trying to sense ki.
Yeah, if we take them as the same flow of events, then Movie 12 Goku would be stronger by some amount, but I don't think he got strong enough for the difference to matter, personally.

Vegeta was getting good hits on Fat Boo, then gets defeated in one attack. Vegeta was getting good hits on Janemba, then gets defeated in one attack. My point with that is the degree to which Janemba > Fat Boo probably isn't big enough to really make a difference.
Janemba was stated to be the strongest ki Goku ever felt, then he transformed and defeated Goku. SSJ3 Goku was already stronger than Fat Buu in the Buu Saga and he could've gotten even more powerful.
And yet, there've been cases in which characters have been able to affect others despite massive differences, like when Piccolo kicked Freeza in the head so Goku could finish the Genkidama, which would be a gap of up to 60x.
Freeza could probably not be at 50% anymore as it wouldn't be neccesary, also he was thinking Piccolo and the others were gone, so he wasn't concentrated enough for them to not matter and wasn't expecting that he could attack him. Also Piccolo absorbed Gohan & Krillin's ki which would minor the difference by a smaller bit to a Freeza that wasn't potentially that much of a threat to Base Goku.
And Janemba was stronger than SSJ3 Goku, but couldn't tank his attacks, so who's to say he could tank Vegeta's.
Of course, Janemba can't tank SSJ3 Goku, because it's not strong enough to do so, nothing disproves this. But, the fact that he is above SSJ3 Goku is enough to prove that he can tank SSJ2 Vegeta while not being suppressed.
My point, is that it suggests that Janemba is not much farther out of Vegeta's league than Fat Boo was.
Actually, now that I've been thinking about it, Janemba could be stronger than SSJ Gotenks as Gotenks existed in this universe and Janemba is remarked that he is the 2nd place. But it also depends at how much powerful you have SSJ Gotenks, because in my case I don't consider him that high. As well as it can also depend if Gotenks was post Rosat cause in the movie, Gotenks used the Kamikaze attack.
20221226_105527.jpg
Honestly, is there a point to this particular aspect? Would you agree that M12 Vegeta = Boo Saga Vegeta? By that logic, M12 Gogeta = Boo Saga Gogeta, correct?
It's possible, but I've also seen the possibility that the weakest factor doesn't affect the position of the strongest, by this I mean that the resulting warrior can also make use of the full's potential strongest partner even while having to lower its ki. The reference is given in the anime.
Because he knows all of Gohan's friends from absorbing Goten, Trunks & Piccolo.
But he didn't know about Dende?
Boo was getting very frustrated in that fight, which would've made him sloppier & easier to beat. Still physically stronger, if even by a smidge, is possible.
Gohan also had confidence on Gotenks defeating Super Buu to concede him the place of doing that. Also Gotenks' power was compared to Gohan.
I don't doubt that Goku would know how strong Metamoran Gokuhan would be, but he never states whether or not that Fusion would win, only that that was his plan before being given the Potara earrings. The only thing you can honestly gleam from that is SSJ3 Metamoran Gokuhan > Gohan.
So, why would Goku's prediction on Gotenks would be asscerted (in your case), but Metamoran Gokhan or Gogeta doesn't?
0307-005.jpg

If you assume SSJ Gotenks = SSJ3 Goku, & that Goten/Trunks are 1/2 as strong as Goku, then Fusion would be an 8x boost, at least in Gotenks' case.

Goku = 1
Goten/Trunks = 0.5
SSJ3 Goku = 400
SSJ Gotenks = 400
Gotenks = 8 (0.5+0.5) (x8)

As for me, I just downscale from Boohan
Evil Boo ~ SSJ3 Gotenks
Evil Boo/SSJ3 Gotenks = 3,200
Bootenks = 6,400 - This is about where Boohan lies (6,400+), & where I think SSJ3 Gogeta lies. 6,400/400 = 16 (weaker than SSJ Goku)

But there's also the question of how much stronger did Gotenks get in the RoSaT, & judging by the fact that Piccolo think SSJ Gotenks has no chance against Evil Boo, he sends Goten/Trunks into the RoSaT, & when Base Gotenks squares off with Evil Boo, Piccolo thinks his Base form at least has a chance against someone who would pulverise SSJ Gotenks (Pre RoSaT). That would imply Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) > SSJ Gotenks (Pre RoSaT). So if you think that, multiply those figures by 50, which would make Base Gogeta 2x stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

SSJ Gotenks (Pre RoSaT) = 400
Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) = 400
SSJ3 Gotenks = 160,000
Evil Boo = 160,000
Bootenks/Boohan ~ 320,000
SSJ3 Gogeta ~ 320,000
Gogeta ~ 800

Yes, I do believe Base Gogeta > SSJ3 Goku
It also depends at how seriously you can take Piccolo's implications on Gotenks, as he came of hopes of him winning to "we're doomed". Goten & Trunks doesn't seem to have progressed enough and Piccolo was expecting a miracle.

Base Gotenks Post can be equal to Fat Buu at most in my book if I want to inflate the gap.

I don't see your point.
That Old Kaioshin has knowledge of Metamoran Fusion, therefore he can tell whether Gokhan can defeat or not Buu.
Source the text in bold.
0312-013.jpg
Well, judging by the fact that not even a bead of sweat drops from his face when he thinks about Gokuhan, probably a lot of confidence.
Buu states that he doesn't want to take the chance of Goku & Gohan fusing, so he would kill Goku, he seems nervous about that possibility.
0308-008.jpg
I don't think Goku was holding back, throughout the fight with Boo, you can read Goku's inner thoughts & he's constantly surprised by Fat Boo, first by how he can't damage him, then by him copying Vegeta's Technique™. Especially considering he had minutes at most left on Earth.
0282-010.jpg
SSJ2 Vegeta ~ SSJ2 Goku, so by that logic Boo would know how strong Goku is, regardless of whether or not he thought he could beat SSJ3 Goku, holding back or not.
Vegeta doesn't have SSJ3, so even though he knew how strong SSJ2 Vegeta is, he has no knowledge on SSJ3. He only knows about a holding back SSJ3 Goku.
That's clutching at straws, nobody knows how Fusion could work on different races, only on Metamorans, Saiyans, & Human Saiyan Hybrids.
And Buu thinks a human has appeared.
In translating Japanese -> English, I think Human can also be just Earthling, not necessarily literally Human.
Vegeta isn't also an Earthling, but I see your point. Goku calls himself as a human at one point of the saga, but he also lived most of his time on Earth, so I get that could potentially be a case.
Where exactly do you place Fat Boo? He has to stomp SSJ2 Goku, so how far behind an SSJ3 Goku can he possibly be?
He is in between SSJ2 Goku and SSJ3 Goku, 3x at most over SSJ2 Goku in my book.
Speaking of, where would you say Vegetto fits into it? You probably already know where I think Vegetto fits, Base Vegetto > Boohan > SSJ3 Gogeta.
I think Base Vegetto doesn't have that much info about him and that he is only stronger than SSJ3 Goku, as well as Base Gogeta. As well as it is said that Fusion is weaker than Potara by an undetermined amount. So he just has to be stronger than Gogeta, at most I can think SSJ Vegetto being slightly above SSJ2 Gogeta, but weaker than SSJ3 Gogeta.

Also Vegetto vs Gohan Buu's gap seems overrated to me.

Last edited:

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
Gotenks was just about of being to base form and Buu was static as a stone. Nobody was doing anything on Kaioshin Realm other than Gohan training, but then Goku's ki shocked everyone on Kaioshin Realm even though, they weren't focused or trying to sense ki.
If Gohan was far, far away, & Evil Boo was very close, it's likely that Gohan's Ki signature was drowned out by Evil Boo's based on proximity & immediate threat. There's no other way I can possibly put it.

Janemba was stated to be the strongest ki Goku ever felt, then he transformed and defeated Goku. SSJ3 Goku was already stronger than Fat Buu in the Buu Saga and he could've gotten even more powerful.
Janemba's 2nd form > SSJ3 Goku, but he was STLL losing to Goku. Clearly, it's not necessarily true that SSJ3 Goku was > Fat Janemba, even. And Daizenshuu entries don't even make it clear that Fat Janemba < 2nd Form Janemba, only that he became more aggressive.Janemba 2.png
Of course, Janemba can't tank SSJ3 Goku, because it's not strong enough to do so, nothing disproves this. But, the fact that he is above SSJ3 Goku is enough to prove that he can tank SSJ2 Vegeta while not being suppressed.
Except for the fact that on screen he couldn't tank SSJ2 Vegeta. There is no proof that Janemba was suppressed.

Actually, now that I've been thinking about it, Janemba could be stronger than SSJ Gotenks as Gotenks existed in this universe and Janemba is remarked that he is the 2nd place. But it also depends at how much powerful you have SSJ Gotenks, because in my case I don't consider him that high. As well as it can also depend if Gotenks was post Rosat cause in the movie, Gotenks used the Kamikaze attack.
20221226_105527.jpg
It doesn't remark Janemba as 2nd place, only that Gogeta is clearly the strongest hero in the universe. And that could be due to him being Goku & Vegeta, not beating Janemba.

I'm not sure when exactly the movie takes place during the Boo Saga, it could take place pre RoSaT Gotenks, the Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack could've been something Gotenks always had, like how Vegetto could always use the Ki Sabre. Honestly, if it took place after the RoSaT, shouldn't Fat Janemba > Evil Boo, considering Goku sensed him from the Kaioshin Realm?
It's possible, but I've also seen the possibility that the weakest factor doesn't affect the position of the strongest, by this I mean that the resulting warrior can also make use of the full's potential strongest partner even while having to lower his ki. The reference is given in the anime.
Well, Goku seemed to think fusing with Mr. Satan would make him weaker, & he'd be thinking of Metamoran Fusion. Where is that mentioned btw?
But he didn't know about Dende?
He only caught a glimpse of him.
Gohan also had confidence on Gotenks defeating Super Buu to concede him the place of doing that. Also Gotenks' power was compared to Gohan.
Regardless, only being barely stronger would still make Evil Boo the strongest until Gohan showed up. Gohan also knows Gotenks was beating Boo's ass, from hearing Goku talking about it.
So, why would Goku's prediction on Gotenks would be asscerted (in your case), but Metamoran Gokhan or Gogeta doesn't?
0307-005.jpg
It was only Goku's plan to beat Boo, he never stated that it would. This is also hard countered by Bootenks' very explicit statement that a Metamoran Gokuhan would lose. This goes for Gogeta as well.

Goku was talking about a warrior stronger than him that could give Fat Boo a run for his money, & naturally, knowing the halflings could go SSJ, he'd be thinking about SSJ Gotenks. There's also no contradictary statements for that.
It also depends at how seriously you can take Piccolo's implications on Gotenks, as he came of hopes of him winning to "we're doomed". Goten & Trunks doesn't seem to have progressed enough and Piccolo was expecting a miracle.

Base Gotenks Post can be equal to Fat Buu at most in my book if I want to inflate the gap.
Piccolo was more impressed by Base Gotenks post RoSaT than SSJ pre RoSaT & actually thought he had a shot at winning. He definitely isn't thinking of SSJ post Gotenks at that moment, because he doesn't know they learned to transform after fusing.
That Old Kaioshin has knowledge of Metamoran Fusion, therefore he can tell whether Gokhan can defeat or not Buu.
He never says that he can though, only that Potara Gokuhan can.

Previous Page:
index.gif
Once again, never says they'd beat Boo if they fused, only that they're dead meat if they don't.
Buu states that he doesn't want to take the chance of Goku & Gohan fusing, so he would kill Goku, he seems nervous about that possibility.
0308-008.jpg
He definitely believes what he's saying, he knows how strong Fusion is, and he calls it futile. Even if he decides to be cautious & just kill Goku, it doesn't prove that Gokuhan >= Bootenks.

Okay, so even if he was holding back, he still couldn't have beat him at max power, and he bases that on Boo's mighty strength.

Vegeta doesn't have SSJ3, so even though he knew how strong SSJ2 Vegeta is, he has no knowledge on SSJ3. He only knows about a holding back SSJ3 Goku.
Not relevant, he knows how strong SSJ2 Vegeta is, therefore he knows how strong SSJ2 Goku is, so he knows how strong Goku is. He also saw every form of Goku, Base, SSJ, SSJ2 & SSJ3.

I think Base Vegetto doesn't have that much info about him and that he is only stronger than SSJ3 Goku, as well as Base Gogeta. As well as it is said that Fusion is weaker than Potara by an undetermined amount. So he just has to be stronger than Gogeta, at most I can think SSJ Vegetto being slightly above SSJ2 Gogeta, but weaker than SSJ3 Gogeta.

Also Vegetto vs Gohan Buu's gap seems overrated to me.
Well, El Manga Legendario states that Vegetto > Gokuhan (Potara):El Manga Legendario.jpg Potara Base Gokuhan > Bootenks:Base Gokuhan is greater than Boohan 2 (2).jpg
That's why I put Base Vegetto > Boohan like that. There's also the anime, which, I know, it's not the original manga, but AT has said that the anime accurately represents the characters, which would support that Base Vegetto > Boohan.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
If Gohan was far, far away, & Evil Boo was very close, it's likely that Gohan's Ki signature was drowned out by Evil Boo's based on proximity & immediate threat. There's no other way I can possibly put it.
And? Nobody was putting effort or trying to sense SSJ3 Goku on Kaioshin realm, Gohan was focused on training, but he, Shin and Kibito immediately sensed him while not trying to do so. Piccolo, Goten and Trunks were never able to do so because Gohan's ki wasn't that powerful to do so, only Super Buu could.
Janemba's 2nd form > SSJ3 Goku, but he was STLL losing to Goku. Clearly, it's not necessarily true that SSJ3 Goku was > Fat Janemba, even. And Daizenshuu entries don't even make it clear that Fat Janemba < 2nd Form Janemba, only that he became more aggressive.
He was still losing to Goku due to Goku taking advantage of his skills, Janemba is someone that doesn't know how to fight or have skills, therefore, why Goku could take advantage of him while having a power disadvantage. It was shown on screen, Goku overpowered Janemba and then he reached a new level which was unstoppable for him.
Except for the fact that on screen he couldn't tank SSJ2 Vegeta. There is no proof that Janemba was suppressed.
Of course there is, Semi Perfect Cell tanked 16 without being 4x times above his power, Perfect Cell tanked Vegeta without being 4x times above his power, Vegeta tanked Semi Perfect Cell without being 4x times stronger. Do you want more proofs?
It doesn't remark Janemba as 2nd place, only that Gogeta is clearly the strongest hero in the universe. And that could be due to him being Goku & Vegeta, not beating Janemba.
No, him being the strongest in the universe is attributed due to the fact of defeating Janemba, it is never mentioned that is due to Goku and Vegeta fusion, or are both.
I'm not sure when exactly the movie takes place during the Boo Saga, it could take place pre RoSaT Gotenks, the Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack could've been something Gotenks always had, like how Vegetto could always use the Ki Sabre. Honestly, if it took place after the RoSaT, shouldn't Fat Janemba > Evil Boo, considering Goku sensed him from the Kaioshin Realm?
Except that Gotenks in the anime literally stated that he has trained too hard for that technique:

IMG_20221227_141006.jpg
IMG_20221227_141012.jpg

It depends on whether you think Super Buu existed or not in this timeline; I personally think he didn't. Also Super Buu's ki signature doesn't seem to be that impressive considering that Krillin, Goten, Trunks, and as well as Goku or Piccolo can't tell that this Buu is actually far stronger than he was as Fat Buu.
Where is that mentioned btw?
When Goku thinks that Metamoran Fusion is better than assimilation in which both of them didn't have to lower their ki to merge.
IMG_20221227_142532.jpgIMG_20221227_142538.jpg
Regardless, only being barely stronger would still make Evil Boo the strongest until Gohan showed up. Gohan also knows Gotenks was beating Boo's ass, from hearing Goku talking about it.
And he could still sense ki and determine whether Gotenks has or doesn't have chance. Gotenks being stronger than him would make Buu's notion as something obsolete.
It was only Goku's plan to beat Boo, he never stated that it would. This is also hard countered by Bootenks' very explicit statement that a Metamoran Gokuhan would lose. This goes for Gogeta as well.

Goku was talking about a warrior stronger than him that could give Fat Boo a run for his money, & naturally, knowing the halflings could go SSJ, he'd be thinking about SSJ Gotenks. There's also no contradictary statements for that.
It goes according to the context as Old Kaioshin asked him on how he planned to defeat Buu, then he mentions Fusion and Old Kaioshin doesn't contradict him, but it's a bad plan due to Buu not giving them the chance to merge together. So? Buu also considered that SSJ Vegetto would not be able to beat him and even after having him in front and proved his superiority couldn't tell that Vegetto surpassed him until much later.

In the sub from Herms or the anime Goku stated that they will definitely win if they fuse.

Also Gotenks being stronger than Goku is debatable because at that point Goku couldn't tell if he could've beaten Fat Buu or not until much later, as he doesn't seem to comprehend the full exent of SSJ3.
Piccolo was more impressed by Base Gotenks post RoSaT than SSJ pre RoSaT & actually thought he had a shot at winning. He definitely isn't thinking of SSJ post Gotenks at that moment, because he doesn't know they learned to transform after fusing.
I can agree with this, but this is just there for gags purposes and it doesn't mean to be taken seriously.
He never says that he can though, only that Potara Gokuhan can.
He just changed his game plan because Buu wouldn't let him do Fusion, then he has a better solution on his hands to avoid that happening.
Once again, never says they'd beat Boo if they fused, only that they're dead meat if they don't.
Not in the version I'm using:
0312-012.jpg

Goku stated that Super Buu would kill them if they're unfused, then he reclaims him due to him breaking the Potara and then proceeds to suggest the other Fusion which Vegeta was aware of. At every point they're talking about how they can defeat him/solve the situation.
He definitely believes what he's saying, he knows how strong Fusion is, and he calls it futile. Even if he decides to be cautious & just kill Goku, it doesn't prove that Gokuhan >= Bootenks.
He doesn't seem to have a good grasp at how powerful Gotenks is, as shown with him being unable to tell how much Gotenks progressed after his Rosat training or not being able to realize how exactly strong SSJ3 Gotenks is properly.
Okay, so even if he was holding back, he still couldn't have beat him at max power, and he bases that on Boo's mighty strength.
Afterwards he stated that he could defeat him. There's also the fact that SSJ3 transformation surpassed Vegeta's expectatives despite of being aware of that form before of that.
Not relevant, he knows how strong SSJ2 Vegeta is, therefore he knows how strong SSJ2 Goku is, so he knows how strong Goku is. He also saw every form of Goku, Base, SSJ, SSJ2 & SSJ3.
He just doesn't know how strong SSJ3 Goku is at full effort.
Well, El Manga Legendario states that Vegetto > Gokuhan (Potara):
Potara Base Gokuhan > Bootenks:
That's why I put Base Vegetto > Boohan like that. There's also the anime, which, I know, it's not the original manga, but AT has said that the anime accurately represents the characters, which would support that Base Vegetto > Boohan.
If anything I don't believe in that guide that much as it has Shin = CG SSJ Goku if I remember correctly.

But if anything, I don't think the guidebook is saying something new as SSJ Vegetto is stated to be the strongest by Old Kaioshin, who knows how strong a Potara Gokhan can be. And it can be talking about Vegetto in general terms, not just his base form, it also says it as a "probably" not so definitively.

The anime is full of contradictions, in the anime itself we've seen how SSJ Vegetto could've been damaged by Gohan Buu's techniques, even though, Base Vegetto is supposed to be on his league. There's also Goku and Vegeta against the clones inside of Gohan, Gotenks & Piccolo, which are as strong as their real counterparts.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
And? Nobody was putting effort or trying to sense SSJ3 Goku on Kaioshin realm, Gohan was focused on training, but he, Shin and Kibito immediately sensed him while not trying to do so. Piccolo, Goten and Trunks were never able to do so because Gohan's ki wasn't that powerful to do so, only Super Buu could.
Earlier you asserted that at the moment of Gohan's ki flare, he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku, if you are now saying he was not, then there's no need to argue this further.

He was still losing to Goku due to Goku taking advantage of his skills, Janemba is someone that doesn't know how to fight or have skills, therefore, why Goku could take advantage of him while having a power disadvantage. It was shown on screen, Goku overpowered Janemba and then he reached a new level which was unstoppable for him.
Agree 100%, but Janemba never powered up, the only thing that changed was that he drew his sword.

Of course there is, Semi Perfect Cell tanked 16 without being 4x times above his power, Perfect Cell tanked Vegeta without being 4x times above his power, Vegeta tanked Semi Perfect Cell without being 4x times stronger. Do you want more proofs?
How do you quantify the difference between 1st & 2nd form Cell & the difference between 2nd form & Perfect? That's impossible to know.

No, him being the strongest in the universe is attributed due to the fact of defeating Janemba, it is never mentioned that is due to Goku and Vegeta fusion, or are both.
It is stated in the final line, in the 1st it's Goku & Vegeta, then in the 2nd it's that he beat Janemba. It's not necessarily attributed to due to beating Janemba.

Except that Gotenks in the anime literally stated that he has trained too hard for that technique:
Then I agree with you.

It depends on whether you think Super Buu existed or not in this timeline; I personally think he didn't. Also Super Buu's ki signature doesn't seem to be that impressive considering that Krillin, Goten, Trunks, and as well as Goku or Piccolo can't tell that this Buu is actually far stronger than he was as Fat Buu.
They definitely CAN tell that he's stronger:
Evil is stronger than Fat.png
Evil Boo.png

When Goku thinks that Metamoran Fusion is better than assimilation in which both of them didn't have to lower their ki to merge.
IMG_20221227_142532.jpg
IMG_20221227_142538.jpg
He could just be talking about the multiplier of Fusion.

And he could still sense ki and determine whether Gotenks has or doesn't have chance. Gotenks being stronger than him would make Buu's notion as something obsolete.
But like I said, Evil Boo still could've been stronger. This also goes back to SSJ3 Goku vs Janemba, where Janemba was stronger, but Goku was still winning.

It goes according to the context as Old Kaioshin asked him on how he planned to defeat Buu, then he mentions Fusion and Old Kaioshin doesn't contradict him, but it's a bad plan due to Buu not giving them the chance to merge together. So? Buu also considered that SSJ Vegetto would not be able to beat him and even after having him in front and proved his superiority couldn't tell that Vegetto surpassed him until much later.
Old Kaioshin doesn't contradict him, but he never explicitly endorsed it.

Prove that in the specific case of a Metamoran Gokuhan, Boo was wrong.

Just for the sake of argument, if I granted that Gokuhan > Bootenks, could you prove that it would take anything less than a full power SSJ3 Gokuhan.

I can agree with this, but this is just there for gags purposes and it doesn't mean to be taken seriously.
I understand that, but I think it's okay to take gag moments seriously in terms of scaling.

He just changed his game plan because Buu wouldn't let him do Fusion, then he has a better solution on his hands to avoid that happening.
Still never says that he'd actually beat Boo.

Not in the version I'm using:
0312-012.jpg

Goku stated that Super Buu would kill them if they're unfused, then he reclaims him due to him breaking the Potara and then proceeds to suggest the other Fusion which Vegeta was aware of. At every point they're talking about how they can defeat him/solve the situation.
Talking about how they can beat him, or how they can not be slaughtered as soon as they start fighting him. The former is not necessarily more likely than the latter.

He doesn't seem to have a good grasp at how powerful Gotenks is, as shown with him being unable to tell how much Gotenks progressed after his Rosat training or not being able to realize how exactly strong SSJ3 Gotenks is properly.
I think that he'd have a good grasp on Gotenks after their fight ends.

Afterwards he stated that he could defeat him.
When he states that, he's deliberately trying to look cool in front of Vegeta, it's why he refused the Potara as well.
There's also the fact that SSJ3 transformation surpassed Vegeta's expectatives despite of being aware of that form before of that.
Never happened, but if you mean this:
indexa.gif
There is no indication that he was surprised by it's power.

He just doesn't know how strong SSJ3 Goku is at full effort.
He doesn't need to to know how strong his Fusion would be.

If anything I don't believe in that guide that much as it has Shin = CG SSJ Goku if I remember correctly.
What's wrong with Kaioshin = CG SSJ Goku?

But if anything, I don't think the guidebook is saying something new as SSJ Vegetto is stated to be the strongest by Old Kaioshin, who knows how strong a Potara Gokhan can be. And it can be talking about Vegetto in general terms, not just his base form, it also says it as a "probably" not so definitively.
Old Kaioshin knows how strong Potara Gokuhan is, & he says his Base is enough to deal with Bootenks.

It's also talking about Potara Gokuhan in general terms, so if anything, in equal forms Vegetto is stronger.

The anime is full of contradictions, in the anime itself we've seen how SSJ Vegetto could've been damaged by Gohan Buu's techniques, even though, Base Vegetto is supposed to be on his league. There's also Goku and Vegeta against the clones inside of Gohan, Gotenks & Piccolo, which are as strong as their real counterparts.
Fair enough, there is a lot of bullcrap in the anime.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Earlier you asserted that at the moment of Gohan's ki flare, he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku, if you are now saying he was not, then there's no need to argue this further.
No. The only thing about this is that Gohan emit a less powerful prescence than SSJ3 Goku, not because he was weaker. Anyways, since canon Goku vs Movie 12 Goku topic is solved, there's no other reason to folllow this.
Agree 100%, but Janemba never powered up, the only thing that changed was that he drew his sword.
Of course, Janemba never powered up other than transforming.
How do you quantify the difference between 1st & 2nd form Cell & the difference between 2nd form & Perfect? That's impossible to know.
Semi Perfect Cell is just 17 + Imperfect Cell Post together, 17 is far weaker than Imperfect Cell post, nothing better can be justified by the narrative. Agree with Perfect Cell, even then, nothing implies that he is 4x above Vegeta's level.
It is stated in the final line, in the 1st it's Goku & Vegeta, then in the 2nd it's that he beat Janemba. It's not necessarily attributed to due to beating Janemba.
So, why would also remark that SSJ3 Goku was no match for Janemba and afterwards call him the strongest in the universe?
They definitely CAN tell that he's stronger:
Hmmm no, Goten & Trunks only said that he changed upon seeing his appearance, also, what does exactly mean "in every way"? That is far after the first time Goku sensed him, which only asked himself if that is Majin Buu.

20221228_105156.png

Chapter: 486 (DBZ 292), P3.1
Goku: "...This is Majin Boo, right? This ki... what is it?..."

Chapter: 488 (DBZ 294), P5.5-6
Trunks: "Huh? That's Majin Boo!?"
Goten: "He-he really has changed..."
Piccolo: "It's not just his appearance...Everything about him is definitely greater than before..."

Now when it comes to Piccolo, it's clear that he is refering to having a body better suited towards fighting and being more evil, it isn't clear whether it's refering or not to power, but it's logical to think that not as Goten & Trunks didn't know about anything different from his power at that point, the same case is applied to Krillin.
He could just be talking about the multiplier of Fusion.
Which means that even having to lower their ki doesn't affect the final product.
But like I said, Evil Boo still could've been stronger. This also goes back to SSJ3 Goku vs Janemba, where Janemba was stronger, but Goku was still winning.
Hmmm no... Janemba is someone that doesn't know how to fight, Super Buu showed to be someone who is skilled and a better fighter than Fat Buu which Goku acknowledged as a genius of fighting.
Old Kaioshin doesn't contradict him, but he never explicitly endorsed it.
Hmmm no, the only disadvantage he was talking is whether Buu would let them fuse or not, power was never in question.
Prove that in the specific case of a Metamoran Gokuhan, Boo was wrong.

Just for the sake of argument, if I granted that Gokuhan > Bootenks, could you prove that it would take anything less than a full power SSJ3 Gokuhan.
He wanted to kill Goku so he can avoid to deal with that Fusion. Also Goku explicitely said they would win for sure:

IMG_20221228_112013.jpgIMG_20221228_112702.jpg
IMG_20221228_112755.jpg
IMG_20221228_112800.jpg
IMG_20221228_112810.jpg
IMG_20221228_112814.jpg

Which one is more reliable is up to you to decide.

Well, Goku said that if it's not better to turn just into SSJ prior to merging, one can think/interpret that Goku is thinking about the SSJ forms in general, but the fact that Vegetto went straight to regular SSJ, I think it's clear that the SSJ form is the only one he's thinking off. Also, considering that Goku knows of SSJ3 inconveniences (which he told to Vegeta and Piccolo), I don't think Goku is risking to bet on that form.
I understand that, but I think it's okay to take gag moments seriously in terms of scaling.
Well, at least the story doesn't seem to take that much seriously. SSJ Goku thinks himself is capable of damaging Super Buu while Base Gotenks can't even scratch him in the slightest.
Still never says that he'd actually beat Boo.

Talking about how they can beat him, or how they can not be slaughtered as soon as they start fighting him. The former is not necessarily more likely than the latter.
Chapter: 506 (DBZ 312), P13.1
Context: Still talking about how they're no match for Boo
Goku: "...But there is one way we can win!"
Vegeta: "You want to say Fusion, right? Well who cares about that?!"
Goku: "Huh?! You know about it?"
I think that he'd have a good grasp on Gotenks after their fight ends.
But, is unable to tell that he is weaker than him?
When he states that, he's deliberately trying to look cool in front of Vegeta, it's why he refused the Potara as well.

Never happened, but if you mean this:

There is no indication that he was surprised by it's power.
I'm talking when Vegeta realizes that Buu and Goku are stronger than what he imagined, this is after he observed Goku fighting with Kid Buu. Also would you agree that Goku is fighting a stronger Buu than the one that is Fat?
He doesn't need to to know how strong his Fusion would be.
What are you talking about? Why wouldn't he need to know how strong his Fusion would be?
What's wrong with Kaioshin = CG SSJ Goku?
Shin feared Dabura who had trouble with SSJ Gohan, who is weaker than his CG self.
Old Kaioshin knows how strong Potara Gokuhan is, & he says his Base is enough to deal with Bootenks.

It's also talking about Potara Gokuhan in general terms, so if anything, in equal forms Vegetto is stronger.
I think it can be the case, the little discrepancie here it might be that Old Kaioshin speaks about SSJ Vegetto.

Last edited:

Latest profile posts

Same. RIP to your brother Yoshi.
Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.