Movie that you like to connect with canon manga.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
M9 for me because it fits perfectly and doesn't have contradictions [nvm Tien Vs SS Trunks].

Zippy

Super Elite
It has contradictions considering trunks was suppose to stay for the night and leave the next day. Hence it could've only tooken place the day gohan defeated cell. But thats too unlikely to consider.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Skillz_Zippy said:
It has contradictions considering trunks was suppose to stay for the night and leave the next day. Hence it could've only tooken place the day gohan defeated cell. But thats too unlikely to consider.
Well Trunks can visit them after a year?

Zippy

Super Elite
That's a theory. Except goten would exist by then. He did not.

Zippy

Super Elite
I doubt he would come before cell. And anywhere before a year im inclined to think in (especially in such a short period)
Fixing earth >> revisiting the past again.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
M8, because the only contradiction that I see is Gohan being nerfed.

Zippy

Super Elite
No movie comes to mind tbh i wish i could blend in fusion reborn but it has too many contradictions to be possible.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Zoro said:
Not necessarily a big contradiction, but do you think there'd be masses of people casually applying their children to a school if they thought the world was going to end in a few days? Goku and Gohan also don't stay in Super Saiyan.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Mike said:
Zoro said:
Not necessarily a big contradiction, but do you think there'd be masses of people casually applying their children to a school if they thought the world was going to end in a few days? Goku and Gohan also don't stay in Super Saiyan.
My memory isn't good enough to recall the prior.

The latter I explain with the release dates.

DBZ Movie 8: Burn Up!! A Red-Hot, Raging, Super-Fierce Fight (Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan)
Release Date: March 6, 1993
Manga Release (4 months back): "Full Member Gathering!!" (Nov 2, 1992)
Manga Release (6 months back): "Super Trunks Surpasses His Father!" (Aug 31, 1992)
Latest Manga Chapter Release: "The Ultimate Kamehameha" (Mar 1, 1993)
Between Episodes: #176 ("Wait Just a Minute!! The Great Satan Army Arrives") - #177 ("Goku’s Bout!! The Super-Tense Cell Games")

Just 4 months prior to the movie releasing, there was no indication of how strong Gohan was, and how FPSSJ worked. We never saw someone take damage while using the form, so I can't blame Toei this time for making Gohan/Goku come out of SSJ.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Skillz_Zippy said:
In the Japanese version, Bulma states that Trunks had returned from beating the Artificial Humans and Cell in his timeline, meaning it happened 3 years after the Cell Games (or "some time after" in the anime).

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Trunks could of been returning to the time he left

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
M8 works if you make a few logic gaps. But I like it taking place during the wait for the Cell Games.even though I don't think Cell would let them all leave Earth.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Cell doesnt exist in movie 8

Most movies are alternative universe

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
M9 is probably the only one that fits well enough (although Toei thinks M1 fits for some reason...), but even that has contradictions like why Trunks' hair is suddenly long again despite being short when he finished off future Cell, along with Tenshithands' Cockoman-like wank during his fight with Trunks.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
It's hard to make any of them barring the last 2 fit into the timeline. The best bets would be Bojack Unbound (which I would like, maybe make it a little bit longer but it's still good in showing Gohan can protect the Earth by himself).

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o