Ouki and Renpa and Shin, Ouhon and Mouten

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
When you look at Ouki and Renpa, they did seem the cornerstones of their own eras, but they also seemed like Generals who found thrills on the battle, who embodied the whole great general mystic...

While Shin, Ouhon and Mouten, with possibly Kyo seemed in line to be like what Ouki was and he had a fiance with the name Kyo as well, seemed like Shin and KyouKai would follow a similar path to becoming like Ouki and Kyo...

... But is that likely? It seems Shin and Ouhon have expressed some subtle sentiments about getting weary over prolonged wars. Subtle, like Ouhon's fear of death being brought up and he not denying that vehemently, the fact he has a wife and son weighs on him. He also wondered in the last chapter whether there'd be a next war...

Shin doesn't find that thrill of pushing forward in the sense of the Great General dream... He mentioned it less and less and seemed touched with Kanki's death... Kanki who wanted Shin to give his Great General symbol back and who found the whole conflict meaningless as wasting the lives of those beneath them... Almost seems like that lately they aren't being moved by the flame of wanting to have a big impact on the battlefield so their name can reasonate, while beforehand, younger Shin would remember of Sei's speeches during battles...

I don't think Shin is destined to have the same feel of what a Great General means and the same will to keep battling that Ouki had. Ouki seemed to enjoy fighting, and killing his enemies through force no matter what, while Shin it seems to me this perspective is shifting to one that sees wars more like the Wei Fire Dragon told him, about the danger over romanticization of battlefields that are, in essence, just brutal and sad...

Future Warrior

Elite
I never really had this interpretation of Shin and co. but it's an interesting take. But the reluctance of war is why they keep fighting to fullfil the dream of unification, which will end all war for good.

Like I said, read 798 and 799. Riboku offers a perspective that kinda touches upon his mindset regarding this.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I never really had this interpretation of Shin and co. but it's an interesting take. But the reluctance of war is why they keep fighting to fullfil the dream of unification, which will end all war for good.

Like I said, read 798 and 799. Riboku offers a perspective that kinda touches upon his mindset regarding this.
Yeah, but it's not been a perspective that is weighing in them as much recently. Beforehand the king would mention that and everyone would be in awe, almost like he was god sent. Nowadays, there seems to be met with snide remarks and the King's comebacks to those have become less and less powerful in the sense of convincing the other person. Kanki said that Sei created Riboku and Riboku created Sei, who are more like setting their sides too far outside themselves... Shin doesn't even have the strong ideal in him anymore about carrying through Sei's dream, his concerns are a lot more evolved to the losses. It doesn't seem to me only a delusion of war being charming and it being rough, but also the will to carry through the Sei's dream... Ryofui had also noted how the king seems more weary or less tight on the same resolve. He appears less and less, as well.... It's just the feeling of the subtle but prolonging shift in the narrative direction.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work